Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I don't mind my 2.0. I have no issues passing people who cruise in the passing lane on the highway! you all know who you are. . . lol

seriously though. I have had no issues merging or speeding up or getting out of the way of someone on the road if need be. it has the needed pep for my daily driving.
Sponsored

JL_Confidential

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gecko Willys Sport 2-door
Occupation
I'd tell you, but you know the rest....
Gecko still won't come up on my laptop when building a 2-door Willys Sport. Does the same thing on mobile using either Chrome or Firefox. Works fine when building 4-door.

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
I don't mind my 2.0. I have no issues passing people who cruise in the passing lane on the highway! you all know who you are. . . lol

seriously though. I have had no issues merging or speeding up or getting out of the way of someone on the road if need be. it has the needed pep for my daily driving.
I have no zero complaints with the 2.0 for highway driving but when the going gets actually technical is where my like for the turbo 4 banger totally ends. FCA either needs a dual turbo 2.0 or their tuning totally sucks. Nothing like trying to finesse a boulder with turbo lag and then at the last moment having the turbo kick in.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Gecko still won't come up on my laptop when building a 2-door Willys Sport. Does the same thing on mobile using either Chrome or Firefox. Works fine when building 4-door.
Gecko appears on my iPad, both in 2 and 4 door, Sport, Willys and Rubicon.

Sponsored

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

It seems a number of people on this forum are concerned about the 2.0? I just got back from a trip to Colorado and that engine was awesome. Handled the mountain roads with ease and I love the manual feature for downhill, easier on the brakes to let the engine control speed. It handled the off-road trails like Cinnamon Pass, Engineer Pass, California Gultch, Picayune and Placer Gultch really well. Enjoy your Jeep shopping.
Same here, I came from a 2 door Rubicon with 3:73’s and V6 to a 4 door JLUR with 4:10’s and 2.0, a totally different feel in acceleration in a good way and better mileage. There is just a feel of less effort to get to speed.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Not according to what I’ve read.

The built-in generator supposedly replaces both the alternator and the auxiliary battery.

Can an eTorque owner who has peeked under the hood please chime in?
eTorque has two batteries. A 12V and 48V battery plus cooling lines and coolant.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
The standard engine is a 3.6 upg, what is upg?
The 2.0 is a -$1,000 option
3.6 etorque $750 option
3.0 dropped to $3,500

Gecko added as on option, note "Limited Edition Gecko"
Gorilla glass now listed on the website
Think I can get it like this from the factory?
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko Color and Gorilla Glass Now on Jeep.com Wrangler Build & Price 1627018889760

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think I can get it like this from the factory?
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko Color and Gorilla Glass Now on Jeep.com Wrangler Build & Price 1627018889760
Be careful of what you ask for. A few early 2018s actually DID come with different color fenders and roof panels. There are pictures on this forum. How they made it pass final QC and were delivered to the dealers is the question?

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Be careful of what you ask for. A few early 2018s actually DID come with different color fenders and roof panels. There are pictures on this forum. How they made it pass final QC and were delivered to the dealers is the question?
I remember that, though in this case you couldn’t complain as it was depicted accurately. 🤣

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember that, though in this case you couldn’t complain as it was depicted accurately. 🤣
I was trying to look up the old threads with the pictures. :CWL:

jakeirish

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpvluts.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Occupation
Software / Videographer / Video Editor
I drove from eastern Maryland to Southern California in my 2.0. Nothing but good reviews for the 2.0 in my experience.
Sponsored