Sponsored

What modifications are you planning for your 392?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Here is my list as of today. If anyone can chime in and let me know if I am missing any necessary parts or have suggestions. My estimate ship date is July 31st and I would like to have everything ready to go by the time I pick up my 392.

Ordered
  • Interior
    • Authentic Mopar Grab Handles Front & Rear Pair
    • Authentic Mopar Door Sill Guards 4 Door Stainless Steel
    • Seat Cushion for Road Trips
    • Ram Mounting System for Phone & iPad
    • All Weather Floor Mats
  • Exterior
    • Stubby Antenna by Antenna X
    • Fender Vent Blackout Decal with Gold by Pixel Decals
    • Will be removing the Wrangler decal sticker
  • Lighting
    • Authentic Mopar LED Off-Road Light Mounting Bracket Winch Guard
    • Baja Designs LP6 Pro Driving/Combo LED Light Combo
    • Baja Designs LP9/LP6 Pro Wiring Harness
    • Authentic Mopar Mounting Bracket Lower A-Pillar
    • Baja Designs Squadron Pro Amber Wide Cornering LED Combo
  • Front Bumper
    • Authentic Mopar Winch & Grille Guard
    • ZEON 12-S WINCH
    • Warn Hawse Fairlead Black
    • JL WINCH MOUNT KIT by Maximus-3
    • JL FILLER TRIM PLATES – ZEON & EVO by Maximus-3
    • JL WINCH HOOK ANCHOR by Maximus-3
Waiting to Order
  • ARB Twin Compressor
  • Mountain Off-Road Compressor Mount. Seeing if AAL finishes their 392 mount anytime soon.
  • Expel Protective Film. Getting estimates around $6,000.00. More than I want to spend for paint protection right now.
  • Spare relocation by Rough Country. Not needed until tire upgraded.
  • 37" BFG KO2 C Rated Tires. I will be driving stock tires for a couple months.
Undecided
  • Cargo Shelf by AAL. I have a Turtleback Getaway trailer being built. Might not need this.
  • Tazor Mini or AEV for software.
  • Better side steps/rock rails.
  • Trunk lighting by Oracle Lighting.
  • Headliner by Hot Heads.
  • Mopar stitched leather dash. Waiting to see it installed in some else's 392.
Looks good.

RE: PPF, do the full front first -- i.e., anything exposed (and all flares), and go from there. Should be about $2k. You're picking it up here in Scottsdale right (Chapman) ? Call Cactus Tint (ask for Rick) and get yourself on the schedule and just have it done so you can literally pick it up and drive it home without concerns for chips. They do a great job. I've taken ~10 vehicles there. All came out perfect. They do the 3M Crystalline tint as well, which blocks 99% UVA/B and SIGNIFICANTLY reduces heat. Extremely important here in AZ but not sure about where you are. Expensive, but also worth it IMO.

Then you can add more PPF down the road as you see fit.

If you're going to run narrow forest roads where you're scraping against branches and things, it will be worth it to add PPF to an expensive vehicle like this. Otherwise skip the rest of the vehicle.

Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
With the Xpel stealth my concern would be that when it gets damaged, you will see spots of shiny paint through the matte. However it looks incredible.

I have Xpel all over my Ram, and the Nitto's have thrown some rocks at the rockers that have torn the film. It left little tears/flaps of film with the exposed paint underneath. Since the film is clear and not matte, it isn't terribly noticeable unless you are really looking close. I will say I was pretty disappointed in the durability of the Xpel on my Ram on the rockers. The bumpers, grille, and flares seem to be holding up great though. No doubt the front end would be rock chipped like crazy had I not added it.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the Xpel stealth my concern would be that when it gets damaged, you will see spots of shiny paint through the matte. However it looks incredible.

I have Xpel all over my Ram, and the Nitto's have thrown some rocks at the rockers that have torn the film. It left little tears/flaps of film with the exposed paint underneath. Since the film is clear and not matte, it isn't terribly noticeable unless you are really looking close. I will say I was pretty disappointed in the durability of the Xpel on my Ram on the rockers. The bumpers, grille, and flares seem to be holding up great though. No doubt the front end would be rock chipped like crazy had I not added it.
Yeah, I know what you mean there. I actually hit mine too close with a pressure washer and tore it. Expensive lesson learned on that one! I didn't even realize it until a few weeks later. Have to replace the film on the hood, cowl, and tailgate now.

Xpel works but it's not perfect and has it's limitations. I don't think they do a good job of making sure the customer understands. I did also have a giant rock hit the grill and it took the entire grill out -- made a dent in it, actually. The xpel film held up, but since the grill has to go, so does the xpel. So certain types of hits the Xpel does fine at, but then other stuff (pressure washer for instance) it fails.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Yeah, I know what you mean there. I actually hit mine too close with a pressure washer and tore it. Expensive lesson learned on that one! I didn't even realize it until a few weeks later. Have to replace the film on the hood, cowl, and tailgate now.

Xpel works but it's not perfect and has it's limitations. I don't think they do a good job of making sure the customer understands. I did also have a giant rock hit the grill and it took the entire grill out -- made a dent in it, actually. The xpel film held up, but since the grill has to go, so does the xpel. So certain types of hits the Xpel does fine at, but then other stuff (pressure washer for instance) it fails.
I agree with that, first experience with Xpel and they made it sound like a bulletproof shield. We will see how this truck looks years down the road. My last Ram's rockers were chipped like crazy after 7 years and 130k. This Ram is only about 6 months old, and ALL the damage happened on one trip to the ski hill that had a gravel drive and lot. I was ticked...as I drove extremely slow on the gravel, and extremely slow when getting back onto paved roads until I was certain all the stones had vacated the tire treads....and still ended up with damage. Oh well, they dont stay nice forever when you use them I guess!

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with that, first experience with Xpel and they made it sound like a bulletproof shield. We will see how this truck looks years down the road. My last Ram's rockers were chipped like crazy after 7 years and 130k. This Ram is only about 6 months old, and ALL the damage happened on one trip to the ski hill that had a gravel drive and lot. I was ticked...as I drove extremely slow on the gravel, and extremely slow when getting back onto paved roads until I was certain all the stones had vacated the tire treads....and still ended up with damage. Oh well, they dont stay nice forever when you use them I guess!
Yep ! Tough... at least it's just rockers but still. At least for me I know the PPF will protect from tree branches... that was my biggest concern. I don't care if the PPF rips, I'm using it to protect the paint so it looks good when the PPF comes off and new PPF is installed. I just don't want to go through a full respray as I know how things end up on that route too.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
95 seems heavy. Those C rated stock tires are light. I'll have to weigh them both as they are separated and sitting in my garage for now.

It is a good idea to take it easy on the weights with all the power we can put down.
If you do by chance weigh the stock wheels and tires separately, could you please post the results? I've not had any luck finding the actual weight of the stock wheels, and I'm curious to see if the factory K02's weigh the same as the off-the-shelf K02 replacements of the same size from retail stores.
Thanks for any info
-Rob

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
seems a aftermarket front lower control arm is in need to give some caster to better help the jeep track straight....

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1628047835827.jpeg

Just got it back. They did a great job. Complete wrap. Look out brush here we come. Aint skeerd no more. 😁

Sam
Looks solid. Did they take apart the doors?

Now just don't hit it with a pressure washer up close like my dumb ass did.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Jeep Wrangler JL What modifications are you planning for your 392? 1628047835827

Just got it back. They did a great job. Complete wrap. Look out brush here we come. Aint skeerd no more. 😁

Sam
Sweet. Planning on doing this too. Got trail rash on the wife’s Sahara pretty quickly. Buffed out though.