Sponsored

Issue with garage opener after installing Tazer Mini?

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Has anyone experienced there garage door opener on their wrangler no longer working after installing a tazer JL mini?

thanks
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Has anyone experienced there garage door opener on their wrangler no longer working after installing a tazer JL mini?

thanks
@Mikejd1

Highly unlikely / and doubtful the Tazer JL has anything to do with it.....

In over 3 yrs., since the Tazer JL became avail., no posts ever here about the Tazer JL and garage door opener issues..

Suggest you unmarry the Tazer JL and remove the hardware. Remember to hook the 2 cables back up to the security gateway.

Does your garage door opener now work after doing this?

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
@Mikejd1

Highly unlikely / and doubtful the Tazer JL has anything to do with it.....

In over 3 yrs., since the Tazer JL became avail., no posts ever here about the Tazer JL and garage door opener issues..

Suggest you unmarry the Tazer JL and remove the hardware. Remember to hook the 2 cables back up to the security gateway.

Does your garage door opener now work after doing this?

Before I do that I’m only asking because it now includes new settings for the garage door where you can set it to still open the garage door when the jeep is off. I didn’t know if this had something to do with it

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before I do that I’m only asking because it now includes new settings for the garage door where you can set it to still open the garage door when the jeep is off. I didn’t know if this had something to do with it
@Mikejd1

I hear ya... but still you will only know for sure if you take the Tazer JL out of the picture which only takes a few minutes...

That feature you mention was added to Tazer JL firmware with FW version 11.2.7 on 5/21/21.

---Added option to enable garage door opener for 30 seconds after jeep is shut off or when door opened and alarm is off (user selectable) ---

Again, no one has reported issues here..

You can text Joe @ ZAutomotive and ask him.... see if he has any idea... I myself would do as mentioned prior to texting him... so you can tell him in the text you lets say tested..
TEXT, Joe at 631-533-3363
He'll get back at you......

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Mikejd1

Was just thinking.... that door opener feature is a Live Feature.... IF you don't want to do the unmarry, at the least, don't unmarry & just remove the Tazer JL Mini and hook back up the 2 cables at the security gateway.

See any change with the door opener?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Hi all. Ok so I did a full unmarry and the garage door is working again. Clearly a setting on the Tazer JL is causing the issue with my home link garage door opener.
Any suggestions?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Any suggestions?
If you're willing to, install firmware 11.2.5. That shouldn't have the update for Homelink.

Reinstall and marry the Tazer and see what happens. Then upgrade to 11.2.8 and see if the issue still occurs.

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
If you're willing to, install firmware 11.2.5. That shouldn't have the update for Homelink.

Reinstall and marry the Tazer and see what happens. Then upgrade to 11.2.8 and see if the issue still occurs.
Well. What I did was reinstalled the tazer and the garage opener is working. So it has to be a specific setting. I’m going to set the garage door setting again as the only change and see what happens

OP
OP
Mikejd1

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Well. What I did was reinstalled the tazer and the garage opener is working. So it has to be a specific setting. I’m going to set the garage door setting again as the only change and see what happens
All seems to be good. Set the home link to EXT. turned Jeep off and works. Went about a couple other settings and seems to be ok. Musta been a fluke. Thanks again

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

All seems to be good. Set the home link to EXT. turned Jeep off and works. Went about a couple other settings and seems to be ok. Musta been a fluke. Thanks again
Any time you marry the Tazer, you should do 2 full sleep cycles. Same as when you make any changes to non-live functions.

Sponsored

TrapperJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler JL, 2020 Mercedes AMG E
My home link stopped working after installing Tazer JL Mini. It’s a new Tazer with the updates.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My home link stopped working after installing Tazer JL Mini. It’s a new Tazer with the updates.
Unmarry the Tazer and start over.
Sponsored