Sponsored

Engine light is on a brand new JLU after 6300kms and the gas mileage dropped a little

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Altitude
I bought my JLU last April and my engine light came on after driving it for 6300kms. I called the dealer and they suggested me to do an oil change. According to them I should do my service at around 6000. But when I picked up the Jeep they told me to come back after 10000kms. When I check the reader it was a P0456. Iā€™m so concerned about whatā€™s going on?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
have you tried tightening your gas cap? Iā€™m not kidding, thatā€™s the code that would throw.

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought my JLU last April and my engine light came on after driving it for 6300kms. I called the dealer and they suggested me to do an oil change. According to them I should do my service at around 6000. But when I picked up the Jeep they told me to come back after 10000kms. When I check the reader it was a P0456. Iā€™m so concerned about whatā€™s going on?
have you tried tightening your gas cap? Iā€™m not kidding, thatā€™s the code that would throw.
yes, I did try that. Still itā€™s on

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
yes, I did try that. Still itā€™s on
Itā€™s not a big deal, just a small leak in the Evap (gas fume vent) system. Definitely nothing to do with your oil. Did you clear the code after tightening the gas cap? Iā€™d see if that works, then just plan to take it in for a warranty check when itā€™s convenient.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Every time a thread starts with ā€œI went to the dealer the other dayā€, dealer responses read like an episode of ā€œChildren Say the Darnest Things.ā€

I wonder if dealers would be more mindful of what they tell customers, if they became aware that all their collective stupidity gets shared on the Internet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every time a thread starts with ā€œI went to the dealer the other dayā€, dealer responses read like an episode of ā€œChildren Say the Darnest Things.ā€

I wonder if dealers would be more mindful of what they tell customers, if they became aware that all their collective stupidity gets shared on the Internet.
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚I know! So I took it to the dealer and they said they checked it and it was all good. When they have me the work order sheet. They included a line ā€œcustomer declined maintenanceā€ like wtf! I called FCA and asked them. They were like itā€™s ok.

OP
OP
Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itā€™s not a big deal, just a small leak in the Evap (gas fume vent) system. Definitely nothing to do with your oil. Did you clear the code after tightening the gas cap? Iā€™d see if that works, then just plan to take it in for a warranty check when itā€™s convenient.
Yeh!! Itā€™s fixed now. But my gas mileage was like so bad when I drove home! Iā€™m really hoping it would fix it self after driving a bit and it has nothing to do
With this issue.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Yeh!! Itā€™s fixed now. But my gas mileage was like so bad when I drove home! Iā€™m really hoping it would fix it self after driving a bit and it has nothing to do
With this issue.
Good to hear, glad itā€™s all fixed!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
With this issue.
It was probably a head wind and a heavy foot.