Sponsored

grokshot

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unilimited Rubicon
" The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later this year on Wrangler Rubicon two-door and four-door models equipped with the 3.6-liter V-6 engine. "

This is all I care about. Adding 4.88 diff gearing without the extra Xtreme stuff. Very awesome! I'm wanting a 2dr JL rubicon so bad. Being able to get it with even lower gearing is so cool. I wonder how much that 4.88 diff gearing will cost. The Xtreme package is a great deal though too at only $4000.
I was at the dealer yesterday and there is currently a restriction that all new Rubicons have to be ordered with the Xtreme package. Not kidding...
Sponsored

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I was at the dealer yesterday and there is currently a restriction that all new Rubicons have to be ordered with the Xtreme package. Not kidding...
aw man, that stinks. I mean it's a good deal but shouldn't be required. Sounds like it maybe a dealer restriction to milk more money from "rich" rubicon buyers. that's lame.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Yeah absolutely. 35’s in 315 alone would cost you about $1,500 +/-. Adding a regear, lift and a set of 5 beadlocks and you’re way over that price point on your own for sure. There’s no question there. Good to see Jeep offering more than “appearance” pkg’s to the list of options. I would expect that it will be offered to other models as well, all the way down to the Sport once signals show demand.

This I can agree with though. Not sure how in the world a 1.5” is going to cut it. I’m at 2” + .5” hockey pucks on 315’s and need at least another 2” to feel comfortable again and open that gap back up. But that’s just my personal opinion.
But yours is not a Rubicon with the flares mounted higher.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
But yours is not a Rubicon with the flares mounted higher.
This is true but I’m not sure whether they are mounted higher or just have a higher arch I have some in my garage I have yet to put on though I doubt it’ll make that much of a difference but maybe so ya never know. You would think the .5” pucks would’ve eliminated that issue considering I’m already running the Rubi suspension

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
This is true but I’m not sure whether they are mounted higher or just have a higher arch I have some in my garage I have yet to put on though I doubt it’ll make that much of a difference but maybe so ya never know. You would think the .5” pucks would’ve eliminated that issue considering I’m already running the Rubi suspension
The Rubi flares sit about 3” higher than the sport or Sahara. They physically are higher

Sponsored

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
Curious. Perhaps, they are closing out 2021 with only the XR package on Rubicons? Although I have a hard time believing that.
Nothing against you, you're only reporting what your dealer told you, but many of us know, dealer information is questionable at best. Dealer information should be solid, but it almost never seems to be.
People wanting to order 2021's will want more information/confirmation of this.

Last edited:

Foxtrot1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My dealer told me the same thing when I ordered my 392 on June 28th. Honestly, it was before I knew it was out so I had to do some digging to figure what it was and told them to go ahead and pull the trigger. Apparently, the “system” would not accept the order without the XR package

Sponsored

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
Curious. Perhaps, they are closing out 2021 with only the XR package on Rubicons? Although I have a hard time believing that.
Nothing against you, you're only reporting what your dealer told you, but many of us know, dealer information is questionable at best. Dealer information should be solid, but it almost never seems to be.
I had two dealers quote the Rubi I ordered on 3 July, both told me that the XR package was required. One of the dealers was Daniel at Gupton.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This is huge. Jeep is going to rub some buyers the wrong way with this. Like the Xtreme package or not. Need it or not. Jeep just raised the MSRP of a Rubicon by $4K by doing that.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
This restriction has been confirmed by many, many dealers all over the country, including Peterson. I don't think they're all lying =)

It's frustrating, but they likely want to get as many out there with the XR and they only have so much capacity to produce remaining '21s. My guess is they'll get caught up and then allow it to be optional again.

After all of this stuff, I'm expecting some massive changes in '23 MY the way the models/packages are positioned. I hope they keep the Willy's sport around though, as it's a great deal especially on a two door.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
If the XR package is required on all Rubicons now, does that mean it is now offered on the 2.0L also?
Ooh that's a great question. I wonder if maybe the XR package was required if ordering a 392 or v6 and not the 2.0. They are TRYING to push 2.0's, so that might be another reason. I had just been calling various dealers for pricing to order a 392 and that's originally where I got the XR requirement.
Sponsored