Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
drove about 500 miles today, really stoked, the ride quality is next level, wind noise is noticeable less than my 2018. Both without headliner. The power is amazing, addicting to be exact. Average 18 mpg if stay around 70 75 mph. Oil temp is between 230-235. Transmission temp is always at 199. Steering is kinda loose wondering a lot. After some synergy tie rod, track bar, and drag link should fix the problem.
1CC27199-8566-4E2E-9C19-63048A4C8CE4.jpeg
Steering worse than your JLUR?
Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
First time checking in with JeepChat since early May...
I'm told it's in Framing... whatever that means.

I guess it's building a barn or something...
Very curious as to whether any 392s are actually being built this week! No build sheets, factory report that no 392s are being built, but seems yours is being built.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Very curious as to whether any 392s are actually being built this week! No build sheets, factory report that no 392s are being built, but seems yours is being built.
...from framing and then into paint... probably doesn't mean it's going to be finished this week... in and out of statuses while they find the parts.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
...from framing and then into paint... probably doesn't mean it's going to be finished this week... in and out of statuses while they find the parts.
I'm sure you said this at some point but what is your ship date?

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
I'm sure you said this at some point but what is your ship date?
No specified ship date per both dealer and jeepchat - was only given a general timeline of late July to early August...
From 25 June:
"There is an estimated shipping date or ETA posted this morning. It shows estimated shipping by the end of July meaning mid to late august arrival."

Sponsored

Flex_JLUR

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR
First time checking in with JeepChat since early May...
I'm told it's in Framing... whatever that means.

I guess it's building a barn or something...
I am also in ”Framing” as of today! I’m happy to see progress. Yesterday I was still in the all parts have been gathered…phase. 392 with GG and front camera. 770843. Getting closer each day!

cpost6

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
I am also in ”Framing” as of today! I’m happy to see progress. Yesterday I was still in the all parts have been gathered…phase. 392 with GG and front camera. 770843. Getting closer each day!
What is your ship date?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Just checked with Chat - I'm in paint. Yesterday, I was told that it had not started the build process yet so likely the database was not updated. I was previously given a 7/24 ship date by my dealer.

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
For a refresher from a different thread (nerubi #54344):

"Timeliness of the status can vary greatly from reality and in detail. Sometimes you will be told by Jeep Chat that it is finishing the build the same day your dealer calls to say it arrived. I also suggest that you come to an agreement with your dealer to provide you status change updates. You are the customer and they have plenty of time sitting around between sales that they can look it up. Don't let them ignore you. Remember the estimated ship date you are given at this point is usually the estimated build date, when it will be planned for assembly.

Your order will usually be given a D status. See the list of build status sheet. This is the beginning status and means they are assuring parts are available and put into a general schedule. Don't get excited, you may be in this stage for days or weeks. Read the attached document about the Toledo North Assembly Plant Supply Chain process. It is a few years old but gives a very good description of the vendors involved and everything involved getting parts ready and how the build starts out.
See a listing of the main status codes below:

Unscheduled:
BX = good order available for scheduling
BB = fleet order only ñ review by bid department
BD = special equipment processing
BE = edit error - coding error which must be corrected before order can be scheduled
BG = order has passes edit but cannot be scheduled regardless of sold status

Reason Codes:
F = finance hold - automatic cancellation after 15 days
B = model or option build out
L = material restriction
M = material hold (fleet)
ZA = canceled order

Scheduled:
C = tentative schedule
D = firm schedule: serial number assigned
D1 = gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned

Build:
E = framing
F = paint
G = trim

Built:
I = unit built, pending final inspection
J = vehicle passed final inspection but not released to carrier
JB = shipped to body vendor
JE = shipped to emissions
JJ = consigned to body vendor
JS = shipped to storage
KZ = released by plant and invoiced

Traffic Codes:
KZ L = released but not shipped
KZ M = first rail departure
KZ N = first rail arrival
KZ O = delayed/received
KZ OA = plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB = zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC = carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD = mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE = misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF = shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG = damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH = all other type carrier codes
kZ R = vehicle within a few days of dealer
KZ T = second rail departure
KZ U = second rail arrival
KZ X = delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 = major damage ñ must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 = major damage ñ vehicle sold at auction

The next status is usually D1 which means it is at the ìgatelineî to be sequenced for production. This doesn't mean it is ready to build. Notices are sent to vendors that your order will be assembled and what is needed for the build. This could take several days to a couple of weeks. You can move back to D status for various reasons. This is called D1-to-D Regress. It means you are pulled out of the build sequence. This often happens for a status L, material hold. An example is when manual transmissions were recalled and the parts required to fix it were not available so all manual transmissions orders went back to D - L.

No one but a select few know how orders are moved from D1 to build. Some orders sit for months before being built. Others may be built within a couple of weeks of order. Your dealer does not know why, Jeep Chat does not know why, and anyone that does know isn't talking. They do not build them in batches, a 4 door white color can be in the line behind it a 2 door Hellayella then a 4 door Sky One Touch and so on.

Once your order does get approved, the chassis vendor assembles the frame, engine, suspension, transmission for your order on site while the body vendor is building your body. They are not done by Jeep but by vendors. Framing is status E. The body goes to paint, now done by Jeep, status F. The body, doors and hood are painted. These assemblies then travel to the FCA assembly building and are ready for trim, status G. There are some YouTube videos of parts of the JL build process you should view. Trim is the Jeep employees doing the rest of the build."

Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
They were unable to give that information. Fingers crossed I‘m able to pick up next weekend!

Perhaps others can chime in but if you're in framing now, it seems it will be 3 to 4 weeks before you can take delivery, based on what I've seen.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Is the creation of the window sticker vague as well? My vehicle is completed and waiting additional QC checks or delivery instructions but has not generated a WS. I would imagine the Jeep cant leave the factory without a WS.

parkertl

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 XR, 21 S Plaid, 03 Terminator
Ordered 7/16 in Atlanta

VIN 812958

JLJX74 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 392
DFV 8-Spd Auto 8HP75 Trans
PAU Granite Crystal Met. Clear Coat

ABR Trailer Tow Package
GMA Corning Gorilla Glass
CMD Trail Rail Management System
CHO MOPAR Hardtop Headliner
CWA MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats
CWJ Soft Top Window Storage Bag
AEN Dual Top Group
XNY Integrated Off-Road Camera
AGB Xtreme Recon 35" Tire Package

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Is the creation of the window sticker vague as well? My vehicle is completed and waiting additional QC checks or delivery instructions but has not generated a WS. I would imagine the Jeep cant leave the factory without a WS.
I'm thinking the WindowSticker (WS) gets issued once the vehicle rolls off the assembly line and goes to Inspection where the WS is then unavailable until it clears inspection.
Sponsored