FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi all,

I'm looking at purchasing a Bestop Sunrider, but I have a few questions. Maybe someone can help.....

1. With the Sunrider, can you still use a full length sunshade (I have an Alien Shade currently).
2. How hard is the Sunrider to remove, if I wanted to go fully topless?

Thanks!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP
FerrdIsTheWord

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you!! I think you just sold me on buying one!

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Hello everyone, does the flap go under the Sunrider or hang outside of it?

IMG_1505.png

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thank you!! I think you just sold me on buying one!
Bought one when I got my Jeep and it's probably my favorite mod. You *can* do it one person in about 15 minutes, but if you have a second person, it's much easier. The thing is a bit unwieldy, and you have to be a bit careful to keep it fully "closed" when removed. You'll get the hang of it.

I would also recommend an electric ratchet. I bought this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GXDW7YX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with a set of Torx sockets. Makes it go MUCH easier (just remember to always start them by hand to ensure you don't cross-thread). I use it to remove the bolts when I go topless, too.

Sponsored

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Bought one when I got my Jeep and it's probably my favorite mod. You *can* do it one person in about 15 minutes, but if you have a second person, it's much easier. The thing is a bit unwieldy, and you have to be a bit careful to keep it fully "closed" when removed. You'll get the hang of it.

I would also recommend an electric ratchet. I bought this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GXDW7YX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) with a set of Torx sockets. Makes it go MUCH easier (just remember to always start them by hand to ensure you don't cross-thread). I use it to remove the bolts when I go topless, too.
Hello, does the flap go over or under the sunrider? Please see my picture above for reference. Thank you.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Hello, does the flap go over or under the sunrider? Please see my picture above for reference. Thank you.
Your photo looks incorrect to me. My sunrider seats nicely into the foam. The bent flap in your photo suggests to me that it's not seated properly.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Your photo looks incorrect to me. My sunrider seats nicely into the foam. The bent flap in your photo suggests to me that it's not seated properly.
Thank you. It is a 24 and someone mentioned there might be a different seal. Not sure.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Wait for boxing day sale maybe, I bought from an online retailer a few years ago, boxing day sale + additional flash sale discount.

Used it for a couple of years and ended up selling it back for almost what I paid for it, it is well worth the money.

Search online and look for reputable retailers with Christmas deals.

use 303 fabric protectant to keep it new and fast drying.

CoachSouth

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Can anyone speak to the effectiveness of utilizing the mesh tops in keeping the blistering sun off the seats (especially leather interior). I live in Texas and the sun is brutal in the middle of the summer.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Can anyone speak to the effectiveness of utilizing the mesh tops in keeping the blistering sun off the seats (especially leather interior). I live in Texas and the sun is brutal in the middle of the summer.
Not really the topic of this thread, but I would highly recommend you look into the Diver Down seat covers. They're neoprene and about $200 for a full set on a 4dr. Keeps the sun and UV off the leather, provides some protection from wet swimsuits and the like, etc.

I put mine on in ~April/May and keep them on till ~October when it starts to cool down. At the end of the season, wash them well with a wetsuit cleaner and hang them to dry fully. I keep mine in a plastic tub (the black and yellow ones from Home Depot will hold the full set in a single tub) in the attic.

Thus far, they've survived 2 summers, and were in great shape with *very* minimal fading at the end of this season. Fully expect to get at least 1-2 more seasons out of them. Not bad for $200.

CoachSouth

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Sorry to hi jack the thread, I was just wondering if the meshes allow you to keep the hard tops off so you can enjoy the open air ride and not get baked. The seat covers make perfect sense but are you able to drive your jeep in Ft Worth in the summer with just a mesh top for sun protection? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored