Sponsored

Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference?

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I have a 2021 JLUR with the Mopar 2” (ended up about 3.5”) lift and 37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I added the rough country adjustable front trackbar and lower control arms already, however, I still need to get back to the alignment shop and have them push my front from 5.8 to 6.5 degrees.

I have an evo rear track bar relocation bracket I have not installed yet. My question is,,,,

Should I get the adjustable rear lower control arms and an adjustable rear track bar? I think I read someone on here saying the ride would be noticeably better.

I’m not real clear about adding the adjustable trackbar, along with the relocation bracket.

Any thoughts?

E65C7C78-071B-4347-8F1E-708292A6E77B.png

F9CDF660-992B-4B3C-9962-9F8973AB1012.png
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 JLUR with the Mopar 2” (ended up about 3.5”) lift and 37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers. I added the rough country adjustable front trackbar and lower control arms already, however, I still need to get back to the alignment shop and have them push my front from 5.8 to 6.5 degrees.

I have an evo rear track bar relocation bracket I have not installed yet. My question is,,,,

Should I get the adjustable rear lower control arms and an adjustable rear track bar? I think I read someone on here saying the ride would be noticeably better.

I’m not real clear about adding the adjustable trackbar, along with the relocation bracket.

Any thoughts?

Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? F9CDF660-992B-4B3C-9962-9F8973AB1012

Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? F9CDF660-992B-4B3C-9962-9F8973AB1012
I will provide my opinion on rear TB bracket and rear adj TB. I installed both (Rock Krawler bracket and Synergy adj TB), the bracket basically centered my rear axle (mopar lift) and the TB is definitely more solid than OEM. I really didn’t notice much better role center impact (some) but it definitely made the Jeep feel more planted. Not sure if you get what I mean there. IMO - the overall handling with those components swapped is much improved. As for rear LCAs, not sure needed. Really depends if you feel your wheel is not centered in wheel well, and how you intend on using for offroad. Maybe someone else will weigh in on LCAs.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Rear LCAs aren't going to make the Jeep ride significantly better unless the bushings in your OEM links are totally shot.

However, the rear track bar relocation bracket will definitely reduce body roll and the upgraded track bar may make things feel a bit more solid.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I will provide my opinion on rear TB bracket and rear adj TB. I installed both (Rock Krawler bracket and Synergy adj TB), the bracket basically centered my rear axle (mopar lift) and the TB is definitely more solid than OEM. I really didn’t notice much better role center impact (some) but it definitely made the Jeep feel more planted. Not sure if you get what I mean there. IMO - the overall handling with those components swapped is much improved. As for rear LCAs, not sure needed. Really depends if you feel your wheel is not centered in wheel well, and how you intend on using for offroad. Maybe someone else will weigh in on LCAs.
Thank You for the help. The evo bracket really seems a bit overboard.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Rear LCAs aren't going to make the Jeep ride significantly better unless the bushings in your OEM links are totally shot.

However, the rear track bar relocation bracket will definitely reduce body roll and the upgraded track bar may make things feel a bit more solid.
Thank You as well. Sounds like the LCAs are a waste of money. I remember seeing a ton of jks running around with lifts and the rear tires were closer to the front of the flare. It looked terrible. Doesn’t seem that way with this lift on the JL. I’ll probably just get the adjustable track bar to add to the relocation bracket and call it good.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank You for the help. The evo bracket really seems a bit overboard.
Nah. Install it to at least center your axle. If you decide to install adj TB to make things more solid will prob have to set it at stock length like I did.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
All of the parts your questioning are support parts. They add strength and adjustability to the lift and larger tires. The more of them you upgrade, the better the Jeep will feel and it'll remain that way longer than with the weak and lower quality oem parts.

I would highly recommend replacing those 3 parts. And taking it a step further, I'd also consider replacing the front and rear upper control arms in the future.

And before you start ordering, ask yourself if you will go the long haul with the mopar lift. Is there another more complete and extensive lift that has stood out? If so, start collecting that manufacturers parts.

I originally used Synergy parts to complete the Dynatrac Endurosport lift, which is as incomplete as the mopar lift. I ended up switching over to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger, but still have the synergy rear track bar. It will be replaced by mc as soon as I have the time, but I will be keeping the synergy track bar brackets. They definitely help the rear end. Hoag above, was spot on when he mentioned the increase in the solid and planted feel, which I personally found to also domino effect to smaller and less frequent steering corrections.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? 20210329_145532
Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? 20210329_145422
Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? 20210329_145447

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
All of the parts your questioning are support parts. They add strength and adjustability to the lift and larger tires. The more of them you upgrade, the better the Jeep will feel and it'll remain that way longer than with the weak and lower quality oem parts.

I would highly recommend replacing those 3 parts. And taking it a step further, I'd also consider replacing the front and rear upper control arms in the future.

And before you start ordering, ask yourself if you will go the long haul with the mopar lift. Is there another more complete and extensive lift that has stood out? If so, start collecting that manufacturers parts.

I originally used Synergy parts to complete the Dynatrac Endurosport lift, which is as incomplete as the mopar lift. I ended up switching over to the 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger, but still have the synergy rear track bar. It will be replaced by mc as soon as I have the time, but I will be keeping the synergy track bar brackets. They definitely help the rear end. Hoag above, was spot on when he mentioned the increase in the solid and planted feel, which I personally found to also domino effect to smaller and less frequent steering corrections.

Jeep Wrangler JL Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference? 20210329_145447
Yeah. I really considered the mc and aev lifts before getting the Mopar. I decided to get the Mopar for the “softer ride”. I am not unhappy with this lift, as I don’t play as much as I wish I could. I’m not sure that I will end up swapping lifts in the future.

Very nice setup btw

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR

I also just read it is recommended to replace the rear Upper control arms first, rather than the lowers. This is in order of,,, adjustable lower fronts, then upper rears, upper fronts and last lower rear. This is obviously in the circumstances when funds do not allow a complete kit or all control arms at once.

It does make sense that heavier duty components would prevent these from feeling as unstable as they can with the tires some of us are running. I really appreciate your input (as always). In the last couple weeks I drove a bit on the freeway (70-75mph) and noticed it wanting to wonder. Nothing like the old JK, but I am hoping to improve what I can. Sounds like the teraflex arms have issues, so I am in search of some decent upper rears for now.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. I really considered the mc and aev lifts before getting the Mopar. I decided to get the Mopar for the “softer ride”. I am not unhappy with this lift, as I don’t play as much as I wish I could. I’m not sure that I will end up swapping lifts in the future.

Very nice setup btw
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the mopar lift at all. Many here seem very happy with it. I just wish that I had been more forward thinking when choosing arms and track bars, than I wouldn't be left with a bunch of unused parts.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also just read it is recommended to replace the rear Upper control arms first, rather than the lowers. This is in order of,,, adjustable lower fronts, then upper rears, upper fronts and last lower rear. This is obviously in the circumstances when funds do not allow a complete kit or all control arms at once.

It does make sense that heavier duty components would prevent these from feeling as unstable as they can with the tires some of us are running. I really appreciate your input (as always). In the last couple weeks I drove a bit on the freeway (70-75mph) and noticed it wanting to wonder. Nothing like the old JK, but I am hoping to improve what I can. Sounds like the teraflex arms have issues, so I am in search of some decent upper rears for now.
The only real benefit of doing uppers over lowers, is because they are generally less cost and require less torque when tightening their mounting hardware. I prefer doing lowers 1st, because they need to be lengthened to correct front caster and rear pinion angle/rear spring rearward bowing. Also, the added length of the lowers helps to offset the shortened wheelbase that happens when lifting.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I seem to recall Clayton Offroad also goes after the rear uppers first. Granted, this was for pinion angle purposes on a 2 door lift. . . so I may be confusing correlation with causation here. So don’t dismiss the idea. My gut says the uppers will also help put the axle where you want it forward and back when flexing. I’m still researching it, but in my shakedown I might rub the front of my wheel well with room in the back. If that’s the case I’m looking to research uppers first.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And, I hit the post button before getting to the 2nd paragraph.

Yeah, pretty much a matter of adding more strength to combat the increased forces, both on and off road, which is the byproduct of the larger lift and tires.

Your 21 Rubi already has the upgraded cast iron steering box, so my next thought is what's your tire pressure? Also, are you still using the factory tie rod and drag link?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
And, I hit the post button before getting to the 2nd paragraph.

Yeah, pretty much a matter of adding more strength to combat the increased forces, both on and off road, which is the byproduct of the larger lift and tires.

Your 21 Rubi already has the upgraded cast iron steering box, so my next thought is what's your tire pressure? Also, are you still using the factory tie rod and drag link?
Tire pressure is 28-30. Factory tie rod and drag link.