First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Those look pretty good. I’m pretty tempted to go for them with the degreez.
Sponsored

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Just got off the phone with them. They say the degreez system can not be added to my factory leather seats because of the plastic backing of the seats.

Just a heads up in case anyone else with factory leather seats was interested in the degreez.

Now I’m wondering, do the perforated seats help with keeping cooler in the seats?

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I just finished my seats, done them myself. Years ago I use to be an authorized installer and did upholstery, including sewing. I feel their overall fitment has greatly improved since I last done them regularly. But feel they still don’t do enough quality control as I seen some flaws that shouldn’t make it out, but I can live with it… It’s overall very good quality for production work and most wouldn’t notice the issues unless I was to point them out.

My Jeep is a 2021 Rubicon 2 door and it’s by far the easiest install I’ve ever done. These seats are pretty simple and straightforward.

9EB04AD4-8921-4A56-B8CD-7EE9501601A6.jpeg

DC090A7E-D498-46D6-8B7C-3BA4E9974AA0.jpeg
Love it...what do those cost? I am in NY/NJ area and thinking about the red

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Perforation gives too many edges to wear and tear. Also, if you get caught in a sudden downpour with the top off, the water will get down into the padding and the back side of the leather will get wet. Just something to think about.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Love it...what do those cost? I am in NY/NJ area and thinking about the red
These say Mopar along side Katzkin and there’s an extra cost for that design. Because I am no longer doing this for a living and don’t have a business account anymore. I have buy my skins through eBay or contact an authorized installer. These cost me $995 if I recall, it was less then a grand. Typically I would get kits for around $600 for basic designs and $7-800 for fancier off eBay. It’s a reasonable markup in my opinion, I think my costs when I was an authorized installer was maybe $100-130 less for basic solid color and standard leather package (this was almost 10 years ago though).

I have to say... At the prices I seen on this forum installed, I am half tempted to get van together and drive around offering my services. Seems I can make more doing this then I could working on helicopters... Wasn’t the case back then and why I chased higher pay in a different career.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been a fan of Katzkin’s for a while but I didn’t know they were Made in the USA. That’s a bonus. I’m still planning to do it this fall or winter, along with many other mods.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
These say Mopar along side Katzkin and there’s an extra cost for that design. Because I am no longer doing this for a living and don’t have a business account anymore. I have buy my skins through eBay or contact an authorized installer. These cost me $995 if I recall, it was less then a grand. Typically I would get kits for around $600 for basic designs and $7-800 for fancier off eBay. It’s a reasonable markup in my opinion, I think my costs when I was an authorized installer was maybe $100-130 less for basic solid color and standard leather package (this was almost 10 years ago though).

I have to say... At the prices I seen on this forum installed, I am half tempted to get van together and drive around offering my services. Seems I can make more doing this then I could working on helicopters... Wasn’t the case back then and why I chased higher pay in a different career.
Not a bad idea to do this on the side....the service industry is booming. Where I live their are places who put up Christmas decorations and take them down...they make a fortune

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
If you are able to operate in an area with a good population but few installers...like here in the Northeast, you'd make a killing. From what i've been told, it sounds like in the south and on the west coast it's a very competitive business. But up here we've got 2-3 choices within an hour's drive and because of that they don't feel the need to compete so they pick and choose customers.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I had Katzkin seats made for my Jeep, did the install myself, absolutely love them! Also got a heated seat kit off Amazon and installed. I’ve had 3 sets of Katzkins and they are great.

CE5B8CF3-3D8F-49E5-A534-F9085E1A6897.jpeg
Looks great. I am thinking about to do the same- putting on the leather seat and adding the heat pad myself.
Could you please share which hogring tool and heat pad used? any tips along the way?
Thanks a million in advance!

Sponsored

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. I am thinking about to do the same- putting on the leather seat and adding the heat pad myself.
Could you please share which hogring tool and heat pad used? any tips along the way?
Thanks a million in advance!
The heated seats were Dorman Universal Heated Seats, got them from Amazon. However, I picked the set with the knobs in the pic below as it fit best for install, installed right above the cup holders.

For install, recommend you take your time, especially when you roll the new leather onto the seats and around the zippers. I did mine in my living room one seat at a time, wasn’t hard, just a little tedious. Totally worth it!

6F9B19EC-D55B-48CE-AAF9-496E759F4B45.jpeg

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
The heated seats were Dorman Universal Heated Seats, got them from Amazon. However, I picked the set with the knobs in the pic below as it fit best for install, installed right above the cup holders.

For install, recommend you take your time, especially when you roll the new leather onto the seats and around the zippers. I did mine in my living room one seat at a time, wasn’t hard, just a little tedious. Totally worth it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin Leather Seats Review by TrailRecon 6F9B19EC-D55B-48CE-AAF9-496E759F4B45
WOW! looks awesome! I've searched around here as well as youtube, but couldn't find much installation details for our JL. Do you have any particular helpful resources? Mind sharing?
Seems everyone recommends a good hogring plier, there are so many choices on Amazon and I have no idea what would be good/helpful for this project. Would the bended one at 45 degree make this job easier?
Also any tips on removing that center console to install the switches?
Thanks you SO much!

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.00.57 AM.png

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Newb here. Are my Mopar perforated seats actually Katzkin seat covers?

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I actually got my seats perforated in case I want to get the ventilated seats later. I didn't want to fork up the extra $1000+ for them when I got my leather seats installed. But to be honest, the shop that did mine had a cooling seat display model you could sit in and I wasn't impressed at all with the amount and force of air coming out. Even on the high setting. Maybe the display model was broke or something ( I hope).
Fwiw, I have the ventilated seats in my Ram 1500, and initially I was disappointed as they didn’t seem to putout much air either, however the next time I tried em I was slightly sweaty, and wowza that little bit of air really did the trick. It was amazing

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
WOW! looks awesome! I've searched around here as well as youtube, but couldn't find much installation details for our JL. Do you have any particular helpful resources? Mind sharing?
Seems everyone recommends a good hogring plier, there are so many choices on Amazon and I have no idea what would be good/helpful for this project. Would the bended one at 45 degree make this job easier?
Also any tips on removing that center console to install the switches?
Thanks you SO much!

Jeep Wrangler JL Katzkin Leather Seats Review by TrailRecon Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 12.00.57 AM
The center console is fairly easy to remove, there are only a few bolts and the whole thing lifts out. When I did mind, I removed the seats first doing the leather, then did the console for the heated seat wiring which was easier, then reinstalled the seats. You’ll need to loosen the shifter boot too.

The smallest hog ring plier is the best, makes getting into small spaces easier. One trick - if you’re having a hard time getting a tight fit in an area, grab a zip tie, cinch it down, then use the hog ring. Also, start with the center of the seat first, then work outward.

Also, if you have a steamer, you can use this to ease install with the leather as this softens it a bit. Absent a steamer, put a tiny bit of hot water on a towel and rub the leather.
Sponsored

Reactions: zyt