Sponsored

JL Window Sticker and Build Sheet Order Tracking

First Name
Sydney and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sahara Snazzberry
If there are no issues it can be built and inspected in 2-3 days. The ship date is more of a target date of when the vehicle's base build will be completed at the factory. If you have upgraded equipment like rock rails, tailgate reinforcement ect.... you will then go to the body vendor and possible additional inspections prior to actual shipping.
This is super helpful, thank you! We opted for chrome running boards. Is that something that happens at the body vendor?

Advertisement

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Should we be worried that our dealer gave us a "ship date" of 7/22 (in 4 days) and, according to Jeep Chat, it's not even made yet? We're still in the "parts are gathered and it's sequenced for production" phase and it's supposed to be on a train in a few days. We're nervous, to say the least. 😅

We ordered on 5/25.
When I ordered my JT, it actually left the plant about 1 week after the "ship date", but build wasn't complete on "ship date". Took about a week on rail to SLC, then had to wait a few days to get on a truck to dealer in Boise, ID. So I had 9/6 ship date, left plant 9/12, arrived at dealer 9/26. Our JL order has a "ship date" on Friday 7/23, so assuming the same 20 days from "ship date" to dealer.

Regarding build times, that's doable. JT was 9/5 E, 9/6 G, 9/9 JB (spray in bed liner), shipped 9/12.

Oh, and on this tracker the build sheet hit on 9/9 (when it went JB) and window sticker on 9/12 (when it actually shipped).

Last edited:

jlusmc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ Rub, 68 CJ5, 47 CJ2A, 42 MB, 19 F-250
Occupation
Criminal Case Auditor
This is super helpful, thank you! We opted for chrome running boards. Is that something that happens at the body vendor?
Unfortunately, I can only speculate on what is and isn't installed at the body vendor stage. It would be my guess that running boards would be a body vendor or even dealership add on part.

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Just checked with Jeep chat ordered gecko green Sahara on 6/10. Told they are still gathering parts. They do not have an ETA when they will start painting the limited run of gecko green .I also asked if I would get an email when there is a status change and he said no, that I should check back in 2 weeks.
AS far as I can tell there are three Geckos with build dates. 26 JUL, 29 JUL (me) and 30 JUL.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Yup! That’s a body vendor accessory. Mine was shipped to the vendor for the Mopar satin grille and all weather mats.

Sponsored

ronarc6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S Gecko (Ordered)
AS far as I can tell there are three Geckos with build dates. 26 JUL, 29 JUL (me) and 30 JUL.
I have a ship date of 6/22 for my Gecko JLU Sport S. My guess is today is the first day they are running own the lines.

JL2000

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jetta, 1986 Pulsar NX, 1987 Corvette, 2021 JL
I have a ship date of 6/22 for my Gecko JLU Sport S. My guess is today is the first day they are running own the lines.
When did you order?
I ordered my gecko sport on 5/25 and still scheduling parts.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
I got a "shipped" update from Jeep Chat today, so figured I'd post my status timeline for others.

Ordered 6/15 (from Gupton)
Vin 6/17
Gathering Parts 6/23 (per Jeep Chat)
Build Scheduled 7/1 (per Jeep Chat)
Build Stage 7/5 (per Jeep Chat)
In Paint 7/6 (per Daniel Gupton)
Build Sheet 7/7
Window Sticker 7/8
Shipped 7/8 (per Jeep Chat)
Delivery ETA 07/02 - 07/16 (per Jeep Chat)

JLU Rubicon - 2.0L w/ Auto transmission
Sting-Ray Grey
Sky One-Touch
Cold Weather Group
Tow-HD Elec Group
8.4 and Prem Audio Group
Remote–Proximity Keyless–Entry
Delivered to Gupton over the weekend. Plan to pick it up Friday, is anybody else going to be there Friday?

If Friday holds, it will be 38 days from emailing Daniel @ Gupton to pickup.

canc1978

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Willy
Delivered to Gupton over the weekend. Plan to pick it up Friday, is anybody else going to be there Friday?

If Friday holds, it will be 38 days from emailing Daniel @ Gupton to pickup.

That is similar order to mine except its a 4xe. I also chose the body color fender and black grill. ordered 6/14. Sitting in gathering parts for a month

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Should we be worried that our dealer gave us a "ship date" of 7/22 (in 4 days) and, according to Jeep Chat, it's not even made yet? We're still in the "parts are gathered and it's sequenced for production" phase and it's supposed to be on a train in a few days. We're nervous, to say the least. 😅

We ordered on 5/25.
Dont be nervous, just be disappointed. 😜

Sponsored

First Name
Sydney and Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Sahara Snazzberry
When I ordered my JT, it actually left the plant about 1 week after the "ship date", but build wasn't complete on "ship date". Took about a week on rail to SLC, then had to wait a few days to get on a truck to dealer in Boise, ID. So I had 9/6 ship date, left plant 9/12, arrived at dealer 9/26. Our JL order has a "ship date" on Friday 7/23, so assuming the same 20 days from "ship date" to dealer.

Regarding build times, that's doable. JT was 9/5 E, 9/6 G, 9/9 JB (spray in bed liner), shipped 9/12.

Oh, and on this tracker the build sheet hit on 9/9 (when it went JB) and window sticker on 9/12 (when it actually shipped).
Our dealer did say that they typically arrive "about two weeks" after the ship date, so that checks out. Thank you!

Skimom

First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler
How can you tell the build dates of those 3 gecko Jeep’s ? I have texted my dealer twice last week but no return call/text regarding ETA

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
How can you tell the build dates of those 3 gecko Jeep’s ? I have texted my dealer twice last week but no return call/text regarding ETA
My dealer told me and the others posted dates from their dealers.

Advertisement

Advertisement