Sponsored

Is a 4XE Sahara the same height as a regular Rubicon?

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4XE
Hope I’m posting this in the right place…

I’m seeing a few threads stating that the 4XE’s sit higher than standard JL’s. I’m trying to figure out if I can fit 35s on my 4XE Sahara without a lift (I will end up lifting it in the spring) without rubbing. Only going to be driving it on the road, not much off-roading unfortunately.

Anyone know if this will work? Will my 4XE Sahara have the same clearance as a regular Rubicon?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Hope I’m posting this in the right place…

I’m seeing a few threads stating that the 4XE’s sit higher than standard JL’s. I’m trying to figure out if I can fit 35s on my 4XE Sahara without a lift (I will end up lifting it in the spring) without rubbing. Only going to be driving it on the road, not much off-roading unfortunately.

Anyone know if this will work? Will my 4XE Sahara have the same clearance as a regular Rubicon?
In addition to the additional height, the Rubicon has different fenders with more clearance.

I've seen confirmation that the 4xe Rub sits about an inch higher than a ICE Rub, but not sure I've seen the same confirmation for the Sahara.

OP
OP
GCM4XE

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In addition to the additional height, the Rubicon has different fenders with more clearance.

I've seen confirmation that the 4xe Rub sits about an inch higher than a ICE Rub, but not sure I've seen the same confirmation for the Sahara.
Thanks for the reply. I was at the dealership today and measured a 4XE Sahara vs a ICE Sahara (unfortunately they didn't have any Rubicon's there to compare). The 4XE Sahara sits an inch higher than the ICE Sahara, so would that mean it sits at the same height as a ICE Rubicon?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for the reply. I was at the dealership today and measured a 4XE Sahara vs a ICE Sahara (unfortunately they didn't have any Rubicon's there to compare). The 4XE Sahara sits an inch higher than the ICE Sahara, so would that mean it sits at the same height as a ICE Rubicon?
Should be pretty close. As I mentioned before, fenders on the Rub are different.

May want to check axle width, I think the 4xe Sah may have a wider track width (same as Rub) to match the rear D44 it has. May prevent you from needing wheel spacers.

OP
OP
GCM4XE

GCM4XE

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should be pretty close. As I mentioned before, fenders on the Rub are different.

May want to check axle width, I think the 4xe Sah may have a wider track width (same as Rub) to match the rear D44 it has. May prevent you from needing wheel spacers.
Thanks for the help/info!