Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready

Morg

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
So I just bought my 2018 Jeep wrangle sport JL in April 2021 and I had for about 6 weeks then this starting happening. I took to Jeep certified dealership, they had for 2 weeks changed the ABS module twice during that time. (Idk why twice) Had home for 5 days and all the lights came back on. And this time I even lost my power steering. Has anyone had this problem and what should I suggest to have them look at. Goes back in tomorrow to try to figure out the problem now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready A872A35C-4A54-4745-8D8E-3C4E87115B15

Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready D54757E7-A67D-448E-9DE0-76F7168FA0C3

Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready 6AF588D3-21EA-4727-9957-57838AED41B8

Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready DE6FF736-A41C-4826-9B21-AFAB96DE83B0
Sponsored

Last edited:

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Batteries going bad can do some crazy stuff. Are yours original?

OP
OP

Morg

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
Batteries going bad can do some crazy stuff. Are yours original?
I'm not sure if it's original or not. The voltage says 14.3 on the battery now just checked

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I'm not sure if it's original or not. The voltage says 14.3 on the battery now just checked
That just means your alternator is operating. A fully charged battery without the alternator on will be around 12.6V. Note, you have a smaller aux battery under the PDC that could also be an issue.

OP
OP

Morg

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport
That just means your alternator is operating. A fully charged battery without the alternator on will be around 12.6V. Note, you have a smaller aux battery under the PDC that could also be an issue.
Ok thank you I'll hook them up and test them now.

Sponsored

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
So I just bought my 2018 Jeep wrangle sport JL in April 2021 and I had for about 6 weeks then this starting happening. I took to Jeep certified dealership, they had for 2 weeks changed the ABS module twice during that time. (Idk why twice) Had home for 5 days and all the lights came back on. And this time I even lost my power steering. Has anyone had this problem and what should I suggest to have them look at. Goes back in tomorrow to try to figure out the problem now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Service electronic stability control & start/stop not ready DE6FF736-A41C-4826-9B21-AFAB96DE83B0

Mh9011

First Name
Mariann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
I am also getting the dashboard message that my Electronic Stabilty Control function is not working. My jeep has 3,000 miles and cost more than a Lexus. The dealer told me they won’t even look at the issue because I installed a tow bar to tow it behind an RV. They said I voided my warranty even though a major National company installed the tow bar. I am fed up. They can take this 2021 jeep and shove it.

Reactions: J0E

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I am also getting the dashboard message that my Electronic Stabilty Control function is not working. My jeep has 3,000 miles and cost more than a Lexus. The dealer told me they won’t even look at the issue because I installed a tow bar to tow it behind an RV. They said I voided my warranty even though a major National company installed the tow bar. I am fed up. They can take this 2021 jeep and shove it.
Your dealership sucks but your attitude isn’t helping things.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Your dealer is wrong. Reach out to @JeepCares And your dealer will likely have a significant change of heart quite quickly. Or, in the alternative, find a dealer that actually won’t lie to you.

your ESC issue may be related to a vacuum pump issue. Mine was.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ity-control-service-message.8512/post-1710997

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
It’s s the aux battery. Had the same messages, replaced the battery, all good.

Sponsored

Richaedec1

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Hello All, I have been having the same problem with my 2021 JL with, I have been having this same problem for 10 month this year (2021) the dealership would give me a dear in the headlights look, the first 3 times I took it off in for repair. I called Jeep customer care, not a lot of help, but the California Lemon law, Seemed to help them dig deeper they say that they have found the problem, replacing two cable assembly. One of the cables will not be in stock until January 2022. So my Jeep will have in the shop for about 5 months. This is Jeep Warranty repair for you.
Lemon law replacement my be my only option.

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Hello All, I have been having the same problem with my 2021 JL with, I have been having this same problem for 10 month this year (2021) the dealership would give me a dear in the headlights look, the first 3 times I took it off in for repair. I called Jeep customer care, not a lot of help, but the California Lemon law, Seemed to help them dig deeper they say that they have found the problem, replacing two cable assembly. One of the cables will not be in stock until January 2022. So my Jeep will have in the shop for about 5 months. This is Jeep Warranty repair for you.
Lemon law replacement my be my only option.
did thenew cable assemblies fix the issues you were having? Do you know which cable assemblies they were? I’m having the same issues! Such a pain!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
did thenew cable assemblies fix the issues you were having? Do you know which cable assemblies they were? I’m having the same issues! Such a pain!
What actual problem are you having?

sandy.h

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
What actual problem are you having?
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/is-it-battery-electronic-or-transmission.103583/

The link above is my whole story. But I replaced the aux battery two days ago. However, twice today I got into my jeep and tried to start it and engine doesn’t turn on. (Twice out of the seven times I’ve started my jeep today) Electronics turn on though, and it goes into “run” and stays stuck in run. Won’t let me shut the jeep off completely. Messages on the dash are:

“Service Electronic Stability Control”
and
“Service transmission. Continue in D. Do not shift or turn engine off until you have reached desired location. You may not be able to shift again until serviced.”​

If I wait about five minutes without touching anything, the messages disappear and it shows the speed. I press the stop/start button and engine turns on. These are problems that have happened before but it could happen once then won’t happen again for months. I’m wondering if I could have messed up when installing the new aux battery (I did it myself and it was quite difficult). I thought it might be a blown N3 fuse but I’m assuming if that was the case, the engine won’t turn over at all.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
We’re you having the exact same problem before you put the battery in? It sounds like you blew the fuse. On a second attempt to start it does not use the auxiliary battery.

I recommend disconnecting the auxiliary battery leads at the main battery and testing voltage. Also, test continuity across the posts on the battery fuse.
Sponsored