Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Good move buying from Gupton. Nice people to do business with. The Grand Cherokee will be my second purchase from them in 3 mos.

I wasn't aware of any laws in Florida about extended warranties. Sounds
to me like an F&I manger was trying not to discount a warranty and feeding
a line of BS. I was in the car business for 20 yrs as a General Manger and ran a number of different dealerships, but not in Florida. My F&I Mgrs would try and and get any amount they could over the cost of the warranty. Whether it be
$100 or $1000 over cost, they would write it up. I have never bought an extended warranty. But, I usually sell or trade my vehicles before the factory warranty is up.

I see your from Illinois. I remember reading, on the forums recommended
dealers list, about a couple of dealers in northern Illinois doing big discounts. You might want to go back into the archives and check it out. Regardless, you
can't go wrong with Gupton. Good luck on your 2022 purchase!
95% of the time I am out of a car before the warranty expires too. It's nice to know there is a discounted option though if anyone wants a Mopar warranty.

The FL warranty law was not told by a F&I guy from a FL dealer. It was actually told to me by one of the larger dealers on this forum who sells Mopar warranties. He said as much as he would like to, he could not sell anyone in FL a discounted warranty. Others on this forum in FL confirmed that.

I bought my last '19 JLR from the IL dealer you are probably thinking of. Back then I got 7% under invoice with affiliate and a $199 DOC, cash deal with no trade or other front or back end products. Unfortunately they are not discounting anywhere near a actual 7% -under invoice anymore. IL also raised the DOC fees to $303.60 in 2021.

I like the part of the country Gupton is in so it's not a big deal to travel down there. I frequent the area often. I will make it a fun road trip and have some great BBQ. Probably hit the Smokey Mountains on the same trip. I plan on hitting the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green too since it's on the way. One of these days I will do a Museum Delivery for a C8 in Bowling Green also. Like I said I love the area. It will be a win-win for me.

I had a new GC for a loaner for a month when my JLR was in for Uconnect issues. I put a couple of thousand miles on it. It's a really nice vehicle. Congrats on it!
Sponsored

Gwagwv

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Good move buying from Gupton. Nice people to do business with. The Grand Cherokee will be my second purchase from them in 3 mos.

I wasn't aware of any laws in Florida about extended warranties. Sounds
to me like an F&I manger was trying not to discount a warranty and feeding
a line of BS. I was in the car business for 20 yrs as a General Manger and ran a number of different dealerships, but not in Florida. My F&I Mgrs would try and and get any amount they could over the cost of the warranty. Whether it be
$100 or $1000 over cost, they would write it up. I have never bought an extended warranty. But, I usually sell or trade my vehicles before the factory warranty is up.

I see your from Illinois. I remember reading, on the forums recommended
dealers list, about a couple of dealers in northern Illinois doing big discounts. You might want to go back into the archives and check it out. Regardless, you
can't go wrong with Gupton. Good luck on your 2022 purchase!
Did Gupton give you a good deal on the Grand Cherokee? My son is looking at purchasing one.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
Did Gupton give you a good deal on the Grand Cherokee? My son is looking at purchasing one.
Yes he did. There is not the same type of latitude on the GC as there is on a wrangler or a gladiator. There are no 8% under invoice deals but he did step up on the trade. I did a factory order and took advantage of the present high used car prices. I would get a quote from a local dealer and compare with what he will do. He wants the business, so he will do what he can. Right
now there is a $4000 rebate plus Chrysler sent me an extra $1000 off email
good until Aug. 2nd. Good luck!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Ordered two days ago from that guy in Tennessee. I think I'm going to email him and ask if it's been shipped yet :LOL:

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I just posted this in a new post, but thought I'd add it to the recommended dealer thread too...

If anyone in or around Texas is looking for a great deal on a custom order 4xe, I finally found a dealer willing to be competitive. I think they'll actually do the discount on any new Wrangler order, except for the 392.

Prosper CDJR just opened a couple months ago and they will do 5% below INVOICE on a special order. I just placed my order to replace my Granite Rubicon 4xe with a Gecko Green one!

Tyler was really great to work with…if you’re interested in getting a quote, I’d definitely recommend them. You can reach him at (808) 896-3381 or [email protected]

Sponsored

Ghost7th

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I've been searching on here but haven't found any listings for PA or Northern VA. I'm in central PA and looking for a dealer within a five hour drive if possible. There are a few close to me but they won't deal and won't communicate at all really. It is very frustrating being ready to order something and nobody wants to work with me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jtoca

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
I've been searching on here but haven't found any listings for PA or Northern VA. I'm in central PA and looking for a dealer within a five hour drive if possible. There are a few close to me but they won't deal and won't communicate at all really. It is very frustrating being ready to order something and nobody wants to work with me.

Ordered two days ago from that guy in Tennessee. I think I'm going to email him and ask if it's been shipped yet :LOL:
[email protected] located in VA 4-5% off invoice, $800 doc fee.

[email protected] Located in VA 2% + 1% + 2% = up to 5% off invoice

2% - Jeep Forum
1% - FCA Affiliate members
2% - Finance with us*

Kate Morris +1 (484) 631-6849 text. PA Jeep dealer
Invoice plus 1% off tread lightly discount.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

I think Criswell or Koons maybe fairly close to you?

Here's a post from the salesman at Criswell a few days ago with their details (although the email that someone posted above is Leon I believe who I normally here people work with - maybe they work together): https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...till-pricing-under-invoice.73516/post-1574131

Here's a somewhat current thread on dealers that are still under invoice that may also help: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/are-dealerships-still-pricing-under-invoice.73516/

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Thank you dalema!

I'm talking with Criswell now.
Yep - I saw that. Make sure you email one of the 2 people noted above though to get this deal. You may not working with someone else as it's sales person specific. I'd recommend you send an email to Leon or Kevin, and mention this forum.

Good luck!

Sponsored

LokiBear

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 BMW X3 M40i
Occupation
All the Cybers
I just ordered my first ever Jeep Wrangler! I don't know how to feel lol.
After going back and forth between multiple trims and multiple builds/packages over several months!, I just ended up going with the Rubicon.
I also went with Leon over at Criswell. They are currently doing the 5% off Invoice until 7/31.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Has anyone dealt with Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho. Contacted him couple days ago and after initial contact information sharing and build info haven’t heard anything. Anyone know if that’s how they are in corresponding once order is placed? How’s their customer service?

Radar25

First Name
Reinaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
What kid friendly things are near gupton trying to make it a fun trip for 7 year old.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Has anyone dealt with Kent at Peterson Jeep in Idaho. Contacted him couple days ago and after initial contact information sharing and build info haven’t heard anything. Anyone know if that’s how they are in corresponding once order is placed? How’s their customer service?
I just recently placed an order with Kent, good pricing. I will say the follow-up during the process was spotty at times but Kent delivered on pricing and overall the experience has been good. I suspect the team at Peterson’s is rather busy which justifies the response times.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
What kid friendly things are near gupton trying to make it a fun trip for 7 year old.
Not sure on kid friendly but it is Nashville. Lots to do. The Adventure Science Center in Nashville is pretty cool and we've also been to Treetop Adventure Park in Nashville. Ziplining and other stuff. Depending on what your kid is into.

It says you're in Jersey so I'm not sure if you're road tripping back but lots of things in Tennessee on your way back. Not sure where you'll make that left off I-40 and head North but The Great Smokie Mountains are beautiful. Hopefully you drive thru in the daytime. If you do go that way. Check out Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg. One of the best in the country.

If you hang out in Nashville and are looking for somewhere to eat try Party Fowl. Restaurant, not a bar. It's yummy.

No, I don't live there. I've just been several times :) The wife and I are flying in and roundtripping back to NW Arkansas. Gonna make a long weekend of it. Still looking at several weeks for mine. Build won't start til August.
Sponsored