Sponsored

Anyone here sell their Jeep to Vroom?

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Mine went flawless. 2016 F150 FX4. Paid $34,500 three years ago, they offered $34,600. I jumped. I figured it wouldn't work like they advertised but they picked it up Friday, I sent in the Bill of Lading from the driver as instructed to prove it had been picked up. Long 4th of July weekend, got a Fed Ex just now with my check in it. Two working days as advertised. They also Fed Ex my payoff to Bank of America as promised. Now if my order hadn't been cancelled after 9 weeks and 5 weeks in "Paint Stage" I'd be about ready to pick my new JL up. New VON and back of the line. Nobody knows why, dealers worthless. Done with that dealer. Shit show..... Waiting on Daniel @ Gupton to email me back to do an order with them. I'm walking until then :)
Sponsored

Dmk679

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4Dr
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon 4dr
MSRP: $54k
Paid: $46k new in 2019, has 20k miles on it
Vroom offered $49k

As much as I love the Jeep, to make money on it after driving it for 2 years is too tempting. They just picked it up today and the check is being sent already. Extremely smooth transaction.

RobC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 2 Door
I have sold to Vroom, Carmax, and Carvana. Shop them all. Then you can try GiveMeTheVIN or ALGo and see if they can beat it. The easiest sales I have had were the ones to Carvana and GMTV where I was able to drop the car off myself. They all have good points and bad, but are all better than dealing with the typical clowns that emerge when selling private party. Considering how high used car values are right now, you will almost certainly get more too. Also, don't rule out your local dealer. Many are starving for cars to sell and they might surprise you.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I have sold to Vroom, Carmax, and Carvana. Shop them all. Then you can try GiveMeTheVIN or ALGo and see if they can beat it. The easiest sales I have had were the ones to Carvana and GMTV where I was able to drop the car off myself. They all have good points and bad, but are all better than dealing with the typical clowns that emerge when selling private party. Considering how high used car values are right now, you will almost certainly get more too. Also, don't rule out your local dealer. Many are starving for cars to sell and they might surprise you.
In my town, the clowns don’t come through Craigslist, they are sitting at the Jeep dealership.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
Vroom will eventually swipe away all the independent used car dealerships . It's just another Amazon of the automotive world. Let's face the truth, they want to put all of us into a stinking bus anyways.

Sponsored

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vroom will eventually swipe away all the independent used car dealerships . It's just another Amazon of the automotive world. Let's face the truth, they want to put all of us into a stinking bus anyways.
They are going after market share now. They have a ton of inventory - just search "rubicon or Sahara" for example. I do believe this is the wave of the future especially if they can get through the $hitshow they are running now.

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
They are going after market share now. They have a ton of inventory - just search "rubicon or Sahara" for example. I do believe this is the wave of the future especially if they can get through the $hitshow they are running now.
these days big money is scavenging for any market , monopolis are struggling for any profitable scrap , no business is safe from takeover or elimination , they are pushing us into the corner with their 88s

AtomicYJ

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ-3A/71 CJ-5/71 Gladiator/85 Scrambler/21 JL
Occupation
Army
I sold my Silverado to Vroom for $5k more than I paid for it new. The biggest issue was the amount of time it took to complete the transaction. I'm currently deployed so I had to have a power of attorney for the wet signatures. The documents got lost in the mail, but finally showed up, lost a week there. Then never heard anything from the shipper until the day they came to get it. But I got the money deposited in my checking account about 3 days later in full. Other than the length of time it was pretty painless

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my 2019 JLUR 4-Cyl Turbo to Vroom. It went flawless up to carrier assignment, gets ugly after that. Maybe only in Socal but Be prepared. Here's my Vroom timeline..
Received offer
6/26/21​
Received documents for signatures
6/26/21​
Signed documents mailed back
6/30/21​
Carrier assigned for pick up
7/2/21​
Carrier asked for pick up times
7/6/21​
Emailed about my availability for the week
7/6/21​
* THIS IS WHERE THINGS STARTED TO GET UGLY * PATIENCE PATIENCE
No answer from the carrier
Called emailed 4-5 times for estimated date/time of pick
Received a call from Tow company
7/13/21​
Local Tow service scheduled to pick it up on
7/14/21​
Local Tow service changed the date for pick up
7/14/21​
Another towing company picked up for 3rd party tow service
7/15/21​
Emailed Bill of Lading
7/15/21​
Received payment as direct deposit ($595 less than offered amount)
7/16/21​
I am not disputing the difference since I got about $1500 above the CarMax offer.

Ready for JLUR V-6 now.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I sold my 2019 JLUR 4-Cyl Turbo to Vroom. It went flawless up to carrier assignment, gets ugly after that. Maybe only in Socal but Be prepared. Here's my Vroom timeline..
Received offer
6/26/21​
Received documents for signatures
6/26/21​
Signed documents mailed back
6/30/21​
Carrier assigned for pick up
7/2/21​
Carrier asked for pick up times
7/6/21​
Emailed about my availability for the week
7/6/21​
* THIS IS WHERE THINGS STARTED TO GET UGLY * PATIENCE PATIENCE
No answer from the carrier
Called emailed 4-5 times for estimated date/time of pick
Received a call from Tow company
7/13/21​
Local Tow service scheduled to pick it up on
7/14/21​
Local Tow service changed the date for pick up
7/14/21​
Another towing company picked up for 3rd party tow service
7/15/21​
Emailed Bill of Lading
7/15/21​
Received payment as direct deposit ($595 less than offered amount)
7/16/21​
I am not disputing the difference since I got about $1500 above the CarMax offer.

Ready for JLUR V-6 now.
What was the reason for the payment being less than the offer, it sounds like you may have expected it? First time I’m hearing on here that happened though.

Sponsored

PunKin

First Name
Pj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD)
Occupation
Growth Engineering Tech
Vehicle Showcase
What was the reason for the payment being less than the offer, it sounds like you may have expected it? First time I’m hearing on here that happened though.
I may ask for a final offer breakdown in a couple of days, but you are right, I was expecting It since I went around 30 miles over 250 miles limit.

YenBoon

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Never sold a Jeep thru Vroom but I can tell you a little bit about the buying process my brother went thru to purchase a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio at the end of last year. My brother received the car in January 2021 but it took them over 6 months to finalize all the paperwork so that he could receive his plates from the DMV(finally got them in July). Multiple times they forgot to mail out stuff on their end. Multiple times he had to call them to resend information. It was a massive headache and extra work on his end just to finalize the process. The paperwork was a mess as well as the delivery. It was scheduled to be picked up in Washington DC but held up being transported from California to Texas. Then they had to reroute the delivery because of delays. They asked him to drive out a couple hundred miles away from the DC delivery point to pick up the car if possible which he obviously refused to do. In the end they did credit him back a few hundred dollars for the troubles and he received his car that he wanted but it was unbelievable the amount of follow up work he had to do thru out the process just to insure he got the vehicle and paperwork handled properly.

There is no way I would ever recommend using VROOM to purchase a vehicle unless you enjoy constant delays and a massive amount of work on your end just to ensure delivery of your vehicle. I can't comment on the selling process with them but purchasing is an absolute nightmare.
Sponsored