Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

JTsGarage

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
theres even been some thought that wrangler sales have spiked due to the return of the bronco. the wrangler just had their best quarter, and i can be honest and say that i originally wanted a bronco, coming from being a truck guy, but due to the production delays of the bronco i went out and test drove a wrangler and actually really liked it. now i am here, thanks to bronco :)
I think Wrangler's 2nd quarter sales had more to do with seasonal demand and a good (for most people) economy. Spring and summer always create a spike for Wrangler sales (Gladiator too). The economy and COVID got people to shake up their priority list, namely moving "fun" closer to the top. That's why boat sales have been shattering records. It used to be that the no. 1 item cross-shopped with the Wrangler was a boat.

That said, I think as good as the Bronco appears to be the JL Wrangler is every bit as good. Better in some areas. Some of the perceived flaws of the Wrangler (such as the sound bar "obstructing the open air feeling") are only due to Ford making their absence in the Bronco seem like a huge plus. In reality, early reviews have noted that the speakers in the Bronco are a disappointment. And I've never once heard someone in the back of my Jeep complain about the sound bar, lol.

I'm sure the Bronco probably drives better due to IFS but I doubt it's the most earth-shattering driving experience. It's not a Porsche 911. Ultimately, people will choose what fits their needs best and what makes them smile. The Jeep does it for me but I'm sure the Bronco will do it for others. It's awesome to have two such icons on the market for sale in a world of boring crossovers though!
Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
I just discovered (had to look it up) that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay are things that are in cars right now. Even Jeeps (Grand Cherokee L)! That's something I would really want.

Wireless charging? I've had 3 cars with it, and it never works well. First of all, it doesn't work through my phone case (one with a kickstand on the back and a steel plate for magnets to stick to). Second, if I take it out of the case, as soon as I hit a bump, it's no longer charging. Might be a bigger deal to others, but not me.
You can get it on the Bronco but I don’t know if it’s on or available with the base.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
… I shudder to think how good the next gen Wrangler will be…

Hang on to your hats, this is gonna be good decade.
Yes, the new kit Jeep is offering isn’t bad for a first offering. It’ll keep getting better.

Yaak392

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep Rubicon 392
Sorry if this was already posted. What are your thoughts?

Decided to throw this one into the mix as well.
I just can’t listen to two metrosexual guys start off a review when they say “it’s got big tires!”

They just don’t have any validity with me!

AC64B4E4-F2FC-49F9-9B71-DDA4F1013326.jpeg
They forget that Jeep is for the outdoors, NOT the mall....

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
this sounds like a couple of prepubescent adolescences who have never had a driver's license.
So I take it you don’t like the reviews?

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand that but isn’t that the point of this section? Talk about other cars?
True, I hadn’t checked the thread title.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
They say that Ford made the roof better than Jeep did with the Wrangler, but complain a little earlier about a roof rattle.

RIP Jeep - don't think so.

However, that being said, Jeep needs to step up its game in terms of technology. It's 2021. The Wrangler should come stock with LED headlights, wireless charging and a better infotainment system.
Folks in the snow belt hate LEDs because they don't get warm enough to melt snow or ice like Halogen or HID.