Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Ford Bronco will be about as successful as chevy Camaro. I remember the hype of the nostalgic Camaro coming back to compete with Ford Mustang..never happened...total let down. Now we have Ford Bronco chasing the same dream to compete with Jeep who hasn't deterred from it's original vision just like Mustang. I was an early Bronco reservation. Saw it on Insta and had to have it, thank god it was delayed otherwise I wouldn't be here sitting on top of the world. We are going to see very few of these on the trails by normal people. But I do like the competition, it's good for Jeep.

If you go to Bronco6.com their website is almost Identical to this one and they bad mouth Jeep 24/7..it's crazy. It's like a cult.
Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Competition is a good thing but I feel the bronco will have as much impact on the Wrangler as Toyota’s FJ did, Zilch!
The wrangler has become the “Lego Block” of vehicles, the aftermarket world caters to it and even folks that don’t own a wrangler knows it!

IMO, nobody will buy a bronco with off-road driving in mind.
I respectfully disagree. I probably would have stuck with the Bronco if it were available anytime soon and the interior wasn't SO BAD. A stock Badlands seems to be every bit as capable as a stock Rubicon. Unless an owner plans to do some serious rock climbing. I don't and welcomed the IFS for better road manners. The Bronco Badlands is still overkill for most.

But, competition is good and will improve both products down the road. I was always surprised the auto industry allowed Jeep to keep this segment all to it's self for so long.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
why is I wonder in the video they didn't do any "real" off-roading? would have liked to see some rock crawling comparison or at least something more challenging than driving through puddles.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Maybe not. The Ranger and Gladiator came to market in the same year. Both mid-size trucks with built in fan bases. They took some market share. But not from the Tacoma. They took it from the GM twins and the Frontier. Mostly the market just expanded.

So it's not a given that Bronco's market share will actually reduce Wrangler sales at all.
theres even been some thought that wrangler sales have spiked due to the return of the bronco. the wrangler just had their best quarter, and i can be honest and say that i originally wanted a bronco, coming from being a truck guy, but due to the production delays of the bronco i went out and test drove a wrangler and actually really liked it. now i am here, thanks to bronco :)

Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
A V8 2 door Bronco would get my attention. Otherwise it seems to be little more than filling the gaps left by the early Explorers and Expeditions.....you know, before they weighed 4 tons and still had some ground clearance. Back when people could take them off road.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
It's really easy to compare a hypothetical vehicle (they've only actually sold 801 units) to one that's sold over 700,000 units in 3.5 years. All the "problems" with the Jeeps are real world issues that popped up over time and hard usage by enthusiasts (like me) who modify and abuse the shit out of their vehicles. There is no track record for the Bronco but if the launch is any indication, there will be many, many issues.

That being said, I want a 2 door Bronco but I think I'm going to wait until they've been around for a few years. In the mean time, all this clucking by the internet chickens is just silly.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
The fact that the tops are already having quality issues is a really bad sign. Here I thought the delays were to make it perfect. Seems like they still somehow rushed production.
Somehow Ford didn't think to assign a Project manager at Webesto for hardtop production. Now they are really in a bind. Plus no OEM 2 door soft top, WTF?

GoldenKnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 HA 4xe
If you go to Bronco6.com their website is almost Identical to this one and they bad mouth Jeep 24/7..it's crazy. It's like a cult.
They use the same forum software, so it's not surprising they look the same. Can you believe the JT forum which uses the same software looks the same too!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I think that is accurate. Bronco will grow a following, absolutely, but its similarity in form to a Ford truck I think burns it -- as a former multiple F-series owner. Can't wait to drive one but I'll bet it feels a lot like a F150 with a similar steering radius. There are people who will 100% love the 'big' feel, but don't see it taking too many Wrangler buyers away, especially given the price point.
I see a few CJs every now and then driving around my area. Honestly, I like the size better than my JL. Maybe I'd change my tune if I actually drove one, but there's something about the idea of a small, go-anywhere vehicle...a street legal side-by-side ATV/UTV.

Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
The doors are thick and look heavy
Correct. They weigh 60 lbs apiece and lack the good handhold that the JL's window frames provide (because the Ford's are frameless).

I expect there will be lots of dropped doors, and that will be a very expensive accident.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.
I thought that most cars still don't have wireless carplay/android auto still as its only been around since 2019, they were only installing it on the models/brands that are either new or have a model refresh. In any case, the wrangler used to be light years behind in tech and comfort, even if they're a bit out-dated today that's still way better. I expect we'll see it in the JL in the mid-model year refresh for the 2023s.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Meh.

I don't know who these guys are, but it's pretty obvious that they've got a little wood for the Bronco. That's all right they don't rule the world.
Anybody with a webcam can start a channel and get some sort of following.

I have no doubt that Ford will sell a Brazilian of these things, and that like Jeep products many of them will merely be adornments, fashion accessories. That's okay.

Someone else earlier in this thread said they can't get past the body or the looks...I agree, but what I would have said might get me banned, I don't really know all the rules around here.

In closing, I'd like to thank the parents of the young lady in the photograph above this post.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I think the bronco is cool. There are things it has that are better and worse than the wrangler; and there are things that it depends on how you use it on which is better. The bronco should be a much better on pavement just due to the IFS. I'm excited for the competition to the wrangler and liking what we are already seeing from Jeep because of it. I'm a wrangler guy and had jeeps for a long time, I am not going to switch. But I'm glad there is competition.

Personally while I like the looks of the bronco it is a huge vehicle to me. That image for the video really shows how much bigger it is.

As far as the infotainment system, Jeep is just outdated from the moment they release them and they don't function as well as other companies. It is a not a wrangler problem, but a jeep problem across their model line. For instance my 2016 VW Golf has a better performing and easier to use infotainment system than my 2021 Wrangler. And the unit that was on my 2015 JK was frustratingly bad. In 2004 I bought a brand new to the market Alpine head unit which had apple connectivity feature via wire. It worked better than my 2015 JK infotainment system (That is a 10y gap in technology functioning better). I will say the new infotainment works satisfactory for my needs, but feels far behind what other vehicle manufacturers supply.
Odd. Here are my experiences recently:

GM - 2017 Camaro SS. Had a great system. Just did what you needed, was responsive, had plenty options.
Land Rover - Wife had a 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport. It sucked ass. It would take anywhere from seconds to minutes to boot up. The preset menu would randomly reset itself. Hated it.
Ford - 2021 Ford Explorer. Great system. Like GM, it just does what you want.

I guess I'm easy to please. I want Waze to come up with I plug in my phone (Android Auto). I want SXM to play sounds from the speakers. And I want bluetooth to work from phone calls and audio. So long as those things work well, I'm happy.

Now, if someone comes out with wireless Android Auto, that'll be a BIG advantage for me.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.
I just discovered (had to look it up) that wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay are things that are in cars right now. Even Jeeps (Grand Cherokee L)! That's something I would really want.

Wireless charging? I've had 3 cars with it, and it never works well. First of all, it doesn't work through my phone case (one with a kickstand on the back and a steel plate for magnets to stick to). Second, if I take it out of the case, as soon as I hit a bump, it's no longer charging. Might be a bigger deal to others, but not me.
Sponsored