multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
From what little digging I've done, it looks like the twill top is the premium version. Is that correct? I would rather spend the extra money and get the upgraded version.
That’s correct. It’s a much darker black on the outside and looks higher end from the inside too. I have the non-premium and it wasn’t worth it to me to pay for the premium (I treat my soft tops like shit), but I definitely see the appeal.
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
From what little digging I've done, it looks like the twill top is the premium version. Is that correct? I would rather spend the extra money and get the upgraded version.
I got a cheap version for $600 to try if I like the soft top or not. So far like that I can open it any time I want, dont like that it heats up like crazy under the sun and is A LOT hotter than the hard top.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I recently had a close look at a used 2018 JLU Sahara that is for sale at a local dealer. It was equipped with the premium twill soft top. The vehicle was known to have been parked outside from new, and the fabric had obvious sag between each perpendicular support bar. This contributed to making the vehicle, a current generation Jeep, look a bit tired.

This is just one anecdotal observation. I do wonder if the sail cloth soft top material, which is a bit easier to stretch (tension), will look better after the passage of time than will the twill material.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
A few other forum users turned me on to a Houston Craigslist ad for a black 4 door premium twill soft top (part no. 82215146AB). The guy is selling it for $500 and he’s never used it. I honestly think the guy has no idea what he should be asking for it.

Am I about to get stabbed in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Texas or am I going to get a screaming deal? I guess we’ll see…

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
A few other forum users turned me on to a Houston Craigslist ad for a black 4 door premium twill soft top (part no. 82215146AB). The guy is selling it for $500 and he’s never used it. I honestly think the guy has no idea what he should be asking for it.

Am I about to get stabbed in a Wal-Mart parking lot in Texas or am I going to get a screaming deal? I guess we’ll see…
You'll be screaming in either scenario. ;)

We'll wait for the follow-up photos of the new twill top on your Jeep, or the chalk outline in the parking lot.

Sponsored

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Rubi
Can anyone advise if it's possible to buy individual parts of the premium soft top?

I broke one of the plastic trim pieces and am hoping I can simply order a replacement from the dealer.

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company

That's a good deal! Take a gun, after-all it is Texas

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Can anyone advise if it's possible to buy individual parts of the premium soft top?

I broke one of the plastic trim pieces and am hoping I can simply order a replacement from the dealer.
Take it to the dealer. A good one will warranty it

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

DO NOT USE DEALER. Yes you can get parts but use @AllMoparParts.com they are a sponser I don't recall code but it's a great discount on product or free shipping. Highly recommend them. Benny was great and fast communication!

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
That's a good deal! Take a gun, after-all it is Texas
Unfortunately he decided to sell to someone there locally. I offered him above his asking price to hold it for me since I was the first to contact him and he wanted me to overnight him $100 as a deposit. I declined even though I think he wasn’t trying to scam me. Oh well…

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Unfortunately he decided to sell to someone there locally.

I offered him above his asking price to hold it for me since I was the first to contact him and he wanted me to overnight him $100 as a deposit. I declined even though I think he wasn’t trying to scam me.
Maybe next time. :)

I've sold just enough stuff person-to-person, via online ads, that I too would have likely defaulted to what the soft top seller requested: a good faith deposit tendered straightaway to protect one's interest.

I've made some good deals, and I've also lost out on a couple that I shouldn't have, but for the other guy being a bullshitter.

I'm not suggesting that's the case with you, Ron, but the world is what it is.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Well, it’s me again. I have another lead on a soft top but there’s a catch… the seller isn’t sure which soft top he has. Attempts by me to help him determine have been more or less unsuccessful (told him check build sheet, window sticker, look at model number of top, etc.). He says “it’s the soft top that comes with it.”

Finally I just asked him to take a close up picture of the material to see if this group could help. Here it is:

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft Top Lovers Club- Tips and Tricks 4DBDE8F8-10C2-4C13-8125-DF725FE01809

Anybody able to determine definitively which top this is? Looks to me to be the premium twill version I’m after.