Sponsored

Straight Pipes Branco Review - RIP JEEP!

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Sorry if this was already posted. What are your thoughts?

Decided to throw this one into the mix as well.

Sponsored

Last edited:

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
I mean it’s a solid new vehicle, Jeep definitely won’t be resting in piece anytime soon lol .

I test drove a wildtrak yesterday and was impressed, I couldn’t believe how big it felt compared to my rubicon. The bronco definitely feels like you’re sitting in a truck, that can be good for some people and bad for others. Either way it’s a solid and welcomed addition to the car market

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

They say that Ford made the roof better than Jeep did with the Wrangler, but complain a little earlier about a roof rattle.

RIP Jeep - don't think so.

However, that being said, Jeep needs to step up its game in terms of technology. It's 2021. The Wrangler should come stock with LED headlights, wireless charging and a better infotainment system.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
They say that Ford made the roof better than Jeep did with the Wrangler, but complain a little earlier about a roof rattle.

However, that being said, Jeep needs to step up its game in terms of technology. It's 2021. The Wrangler should come stock with LED headlights, wireless charging and a better infotainment system.
Yeah there’s been a lot of “bad roofs” due to early production, it will be fixed, but all the more reason to not buy an early production vehicle

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
I don’t know what it is but I just can’t get past the body. Can’t put my finger on it but personally I think they are ugly. Obviously my opinion.
At the same time glade to see it come to market. Only can make the segment stronger. Amazing what good ol competition does.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I am indifferent. It does not blow me away, but I also haven't driven one or sat inside one at this point. I am biased though since we will have two JL's now and one is a 392. Either way, it will be interesting to see how many of these are actually out on the trails. Looking forward to it!

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport

What's wrong with the infotainment? About the only thing I can think of is that I only have 10 presets.

But, the facts that I can replay XM radio and that every time I press a preset button it's at the beginning of a song . . . that more than makes up for the scarcity of presets.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What's wrong with the infotainment? About the only thing I can think of is that I only have 10 presets.

But, the facts that I can replay XM radio and that every time I press a preset button it's at the beginning of a song . . . that more than makes up for the scarcity of presets.
There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just that the current Uconnect systems in the Wrangler are somewhat outdated at this point, compared to what’s in other vehicles including the Bronco. No wireless charging pad and no wireless CarPlay or Android Auto is a disappointment. I’m sure these things will eventually make their way to the Wrangler, but they should be there now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Its funny you come to a JEEP forum and people jump on the ford bronco bandwagon. Go get one then. Im here to talk and learn Jeep/Mopar products.
This was posted to the "other vehicles" section to be fair.

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
The bronco definitely feels like you’re sitting in a truck, that can be good for some people and bad for others.
This would be a negative for me. I live and work in downtown Atlanta. Had a 1st gen Raptor before and it was an absolute nightmare to drive and park there. I know the Bronco isn't Raptor-big, but the JL is just the right size.

Also, the Bronco's fenders are the ugliest damn things I've ever seen.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
This would be a negative for me. I live and work in downtown Atlanta. Had a 1st gen Raptor before and it was an absolute nightmare to drive and park there. I know the Bronco isn't Raptor-big, but the JL is just the right size.

I’d say it’s almost as wide as an f150. Sitting in it, the hood looks like it’s miles long and wide. I personally love the feel of it, coming from a rebel, but totally understand that bigger is not always better in the off road segment.

to me, the biggest positive of the bronco is the safety, mainly the side impact safety

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014

Not that often I see members on here from Georgia and much less often are they in the downtown Atlanta area. I also reside in downtown Atlanta. Old 4th Ward to be more exact.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
It's the hood for me, I saw a ride along video from King of the Hammers (video from inside passenger seat) and all I could think is "that's the ugliest damn hood since the 80's".
Sponsored