Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
thats such a bummer. how long is your wait time with the package add if you dont mind me asking?
Not sure. Hopefully the only delay will be they don't start production until August. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being like Gorilla Glass, Half doors, 4XE, etc... and be delayed production. There's a lot of parts in the package other than wheels and tires. All it would take is a delay in getting one of them from suppliers and it gets held up. Hoping they actually start in August and goes thru like normal. I'm not they guy for normal production however. My other build sat in paint stage for 5 weeks, that's usually a one day process and then eventually I got a new VON one day and then a new VIN, started all over. Back to D1 after 9 weeks and having a build started. No explanation, dealer was worthless. Blessing in disguise. XR package became available in the meantime. New dealer, new order :)
Sponsored

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Regearing you're axles is $2,000. Good luck getting 35's, lift, shocks + install, beadlock wheels, and an upgraded swing gate for the other $2k. Even if you bought a rubicon and put equivalent parts on aftermarket and sold the take offs, you would still be way over $4k. I understand the argument you're trying to make, but it's flat wrong. On top of all that is that it's factory. Covered by warranty and they can't push you around when other stuff breaks and they try to blame your custom gears or oversized tires.
This 100 ^^^^^^^^

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
This is a decent value and if I was ordering new- I'd probably do it and just go up to 37's when the 315's run out.

I've been tracking my build expenses with my JLUR and with my RK 2.5" Adventure series Stage 1 and 37's/ wheels that's damn near $4k alone, if you're paying going rate ( I didn't because discounts, sales, and connections). And I have to install myself or pay someone to do it. Add my armor and winch, and I think I'm into it for about $5k build total.

With the XR package, I would basically order a winch, bumper, and some armor day 1, bolt it on and go wheeling. And' I'd still be in it for roughly the same amount over purchase price of the Jeep, and still have better gearing. Trade in on Friday after work, Be on line at the meet up spot Saturday morning. Go wheel my favorite trails and do stupid things all day Saturday. Clean up, pack up, leave for Vacation on Sunday. EZPZ, as they say.

No brainer, good on Jeep for FINALLY offering this. Hopefully They've tweaked the suspension to fix some of the issues I've read about with the Mopar 2"

Everyone lov3s to dump on factory/ OEM and say "I could build it cheaper myself", which- 9/10 isn't true, because it's not an equally spec'd vehicle, or you suck at math. You also don't factor in down time (see above) to install/ wait for parts. I'm guilty of this as well. If they brought back Punk'n Orange, I'd be doing the math on one of these tomorrow. If I'm feeling real frisky? 392XR. Give it to me in Orange and I will probably never buy another Jeep for as long as I live, because that's been my dream since like 2004: V8 powered Orange Jeep on 35"+ tires. Because I love life sized hot wheels cars.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pic of 392 XR from today’s press release.

B575ABDA-0DE6-4F8D-B7F0-1BD57D769D04.png
Awesome, thanks. No pics of a non-392 Rubi yet I'm assuming. Don't blame Jeep. If I was going to hype something, I'd use the 392 for an example. I guess the only difference will be different colored hooks and the hood as far as looks go. Well, that's not true. The 392 doesn't get the 1.5 lift, it's already lifted so they will look similar as far as stance goes but... Hoping for pics of a non-392 soon.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
i wonder as to why they opted to go with a "1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks" vs the Mopar 2' Lift kit?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Not sure. Hopefully the only delay will be they don't start production until August. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being like Gorilla Glass, Half doors, 4XE, etc... and be delayed production. There's a lot of parts in the package other than wheels and tires. All it would take is a delay in getting one of them from suppliers and it gets held up. Hoping they actually start in August and goes thru like normal. I'm not they guy for normal production however. My other build sat in paint stage for 5 weeks, that's usually a one day process and then eventually I got a new VON one day and then a new VIN, started all over. Back to D1 after 9 weeks and having a build started. No explanation, dealer was worthless. Blessing in disguise. XR package became available in the meantime. New dealer, new order :)
I hope for a much smother run this order for you. thanks for the info. i am going to keep my eye on the production times for the new weeks just in case. its quicker than expected!

ratherbskiing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUWD
i wonder as to why they opted to go with a "1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks" vs the Mopar 2' Lift kit?
Because the 2" is actually more like 3.25''-4.25''. At least that is my experience with the diesel Mopar 2".

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
At that price point, it seems like a great bargain from the factory!
It’s a great bargain IF that combination is exactly what you want, but if you want to run 37s (like me) and you prefer 9” rims (like me) and you’ve read horror stories about the Mopar gate reinforcement (like me) the only value in that package is the 456 gearing.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Does it make sense to order the Rubicon (V6 and 4.88) Extreme Recon package if I plan on running 37" KM3's on aftermarket wheels?
Yes. 100% you should do that. Ill give you $2,000 for your take off rims and tires.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is a decent value and if I was ordering new- I'd probably do it and just go up to 37's when the 315's run out.

I've been tracking my build expenses with my JLUR and with my RK 2.5" Adventure series Stage 1 and 37's/ wheels that's damn near $4k alone, if you're paying going rate ( I didn't because discounts, sales, and connections). And I have to install myself or pay someone to do it. Add my armor and winch, and I think I'm into it for about $5k build total.

With the XR package, I would basically order a winch, bumper, and some armor day 1, bolt it on and go wheeling. And' I'd still be in it for roughly the same amount over purchase price of the Jeep, and still have better gearing. Trade in on Friday after work, Be on line at the meet up spot Saturday morning. Go wheel my favorite trails and do stupid things all day Saturday. Clean up, pack up, leave for Vacation on Sunday. EZPZ, as they say.

No brainer, good on Jeep for FINALLY offering this. Hopefully They've tweaked the suspension to fix some of the issues I've read about with the Mopar 2"

Everyone lov3s to dump on factory/ OEM and say "I could build it cheaper myself", which- 9/10 isn't true, because it's not an equally spec'd vehicle, or you suck at math. You also don't factor in down time (see above) to install/ wait for parts. I'm guilty of this as well. If they brought back Punk'n Orange, I'd be doing the math on one of these tomorrow. If I'm feeling real frisky? 392XR. Give it to me in Orange and I will probably never buy another Jeep for as long as I live, because that's been my dream since like 2004: V8 powered Orange Jeep on 35"+ tires. Because I love life sized hot wheels cars.
A 392 Punk'n with XR. Dude!!

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I would like to know if they obtained the extra 1.5” ontop of the already 1.5” the Rubicons have via a completely different spring or did they simply add factory 1.5” spacers to the springs?

Hope someone takes some photos of the springs and mounts.
Sponsored