Sponsored

What is the ONE Jeep Accessory every Jeep owner needs?

Vickie

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired!
Found it on Amazon. Atlas brand bag 46. I'll try to find a link to it. I think it's made to hang by the strap while unfilled for easy access.

0701211326a.jpg

0701211326.jpg

0701211327.jpg
That is perfect! It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I have asked the hubby for a tool kit. Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepLeap

JeepLeap

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Still waiting on my Jeep and so far thanks to YOU ALL 😂 , I’ve bought:

- Used TopLift Pro
- Shorty Antenna
- Rugged Ridge Door Entry Guards
- Then some of you mentioned seal issues, so returned those!
- Mopar Black Plastic Door Entry Guards (are these better????)
- GPCA Quick Release Thumbscrew Bolts for Hard Top

F%%K ME! 😂

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
That is perfect! It's my birthday in a couple of weeks and I have asked the hubby for a tool kit. Thank you!
You're welcome! I really like mine. There are several similar tool bags that aren't quite as pricey, but they don't have a life time guarantee like the Atlas brand and its made in America.

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think so. I like the look better and I don’t want to interfere with the door seals.

Be careful installing them to align them correctly the first time. The glue strips are very strong and instant. If you screw it up as I did then it’s fixable but best avoided.

817c4bd6-47a1-45eb-a1bd-f6b2e61ab9ea-jpeg.jpg

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
That's funny cause I ordered a Sahara Altitude and I *despise* those running boards - they're the first thing I'm going to take OFF!
Sahara altitude as well... agree w you 100%. They are hideous imo. Id remove them but my lil girl needs them to get in and out. so unfortunately they are an important function of the jeep. The day she dsnt need them is the day they come off

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Sahara altitude as well... agree w you 100%. They are hideous imo. Id remove them but my lil girl needs them to get in and out. so unfortunately they are an important function of the jeep. The day she dsnt need them is the day they come off
My wife similarly requires steps if the Jeep is the same height as my current truck (which it will be, one way or another), so I've factored in the cost of N-Fab NERF steps, as I like the look of them, and they seem to be slightly lower.

The issue I have with these running boards (aside from the looks) is that they're so high, they don't really offer me any benefit. Either I step on them and go WAY up to then settle down into the seat, or I have to awkwardly step over them to get in.

The NERF steps at least look a little more tough.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Probably been posted already on this thread but just in case. Buy some kind of mirrors for when you pull the doors for the first time. It sucks not having mirror that first time.

GoingInJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER

GoingInJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
Mob armor phone mount. They're the best!

GoingInJeep

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Jeep JAY EL
Occupation
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
For me, it is doors-off mirrors. I have the CMM mirrors. One of the unique features of a Wrangler is the ability to take the doors off and you really need mirrors to take advantage of it.
By far the best looking and nicest engineered pieces of aftermarket mirrors EVER MADE! AND WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Still waiting on my Jeep and so far thanks to YOU ALL 😂 , I’ve bought:

- Used TopLift Pro
- Shorty Antenna
- Rugged Ridge Door Entry Guards
- Then some of you mentioned seal issues, so returned those!
- GPCA Quick Release Thumbscrew Bolts for Hard Top

F%%K ME! 😂
The mopar guards will fit but they won't protect the top ledge (most prone to scratches) of the door entry area. The RRs fit perfectly. The Quadratecs are the ones that leave a gap.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Probably been posted already on this thread but just in case. Buy some kind of mirrors for when you pull the doors for the first time. It sucks not having mirror that first time.
Pretty much the CMMs are the only ones to get. All others will shake, constantly need re-adjusting, and you won't be able to see out of them. Only problem is that the CMMs are upwards of $300.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Pretty much the CMMs are the only ones to get. All others will shake, constantly need re-adjusting, and you won't be able to see out of them. Only problem is that the CMMs are upwards of $300.
Good to know the CMMs are the only ones that work without shaking and readjusting. That would be annoying as hell.

Wow, upward of $300 for them? I guess it's probably better to pay once than twice.

I am surprised there are not other options for remote mount mirrors that do not shake for less money though? I also understand there are a lot of different ways to design a mount and issues associated with that. How easy or quick to install and/or remove after doors are on/off. How secure. Aesthetics. Visibility. Etc.

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Good to know the CMMs are the only ones that work without shaking and readjusting. That would be annoying as hell.

Wow, upward of $300 for them? I guess it's probably better to pay once than twice.

I am surprised there are not other options for remote mount mirrors that do not shake for less money though? I also understand there are a lot of different ways to design a mount and issues associated with that. How easy or quick to install and/or remove after doors are on/off. How secure. Aesthetics. Visibility. Etc.

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback.
The initial install may take you 15min per door. After that, you can add and remove them in about 1-min each (no tools needed). I hear there are some kind of locks you can buy for them, I personally don't have the locks. Basically someone could steal the mirrors in about 2 minutes flat. However, they would still need the mounts which would definitely take longer and they would need 2 screwdrivers to remove.
Sponsored