JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hello Steve,

Here is a post written by @Jeep Generation under this thread link below explaining wiring the FE4 to stock Mopar Aux Switches...
---------------------------------------------------------
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...a-4-wiring-to-aux-switches.66289/post-1414344

"
img_8031-jpg.jpg

auxswitches-png.png

eep-wrangler-jl-2017-2020_en1-fuse-box-diagram-jpg.jpg

Here are some pictures of the KC harness and info on the Mopar Switches with Fuse locations.

The 2 legs going to the actual FE4 lights each have 3 wires in them. Red, Black and White.

The Blacks need to go to your battery negative for best connection.

The Whites are the Amber back light. If you want to use a AUX Switch, I would recommend Switch #3 or #4. They are 15 amps max. To match the KC wiring, you should swap out that 15 amp Micro Fuse for a 3 amp to match what they are using to safe off that wire to the light. They want it to pop at 3 amps, not 15.

The Reds are the Main White Light. I would recommend to use with Switch #1 or #2 as they are rated at 40 amps max. Now I would recommend swapping out the 40 amp Cartridge Fuse for a 25 amp to match the KC wiring. They want it to pop at 25, not 40. By the time it reaches 40 amps, something could burn up. If it is hard to find the Cartridge Fuse (not a common fuse), you would also use the KC 25 amp inline fuse between the Mopar Switch leg and the KC Red wires.

Note that KC did not intend for both White and Amber to be on at the same time. So make sure to turn off the Amber before turning on the White. "
---------------------------------------------------------

Also, here is a video showing some night time footage...

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Thanks for that. Great write up and video. Very useful information and explanation.
Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Welcome to the forums. As my wife already knows when I add lights they will be KC.

Sponsored

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
@KC HiLiTES Can you offer an option for the amber light covers on Gravity Pro6 model with the KC logo on it? I think this quick edit job looks bada$$. Rock Guards would also be nice to show your KC Hilites love but isnt available for the Pro6 model!

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLiTES Is Officially Joining The JL Wranglers Forum Community KC
You could do this yourself with something from @pixeldecals

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
I've considered this but I want to be able to still use the lights and these lights would probably melt the vinyl. I was thinking more translucent with no lighting lost.
We could try cutting some from the material used to smoke headlights

Sponsored

OP
OP
KC HiLiTES

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLiTES Is Officially Joining The JL Wranglers Forum Community KC

I've got the Gravity Pro6 lights. @KC HiLiTES Do you have the open-air (shine-through, or whatever they are called) covers available for these?
I think you are referring to the Rock Guard covers on the SlimLites in the above picture from @track.n.trail . We don't offer those covers for the Pro6 lights, sorry. Here are the 3 covers that we have for the Pro6 series...

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLiTES Is Officially Joining The JL Wranglers Forum Community 1626302085456
Pro6 Covers

OP
OP
KC HiLiTES

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Welcome to the forums. As my wife already knows when I add lights they will be KC.
Thank you! If you have any questions when you are ready for some lights, let me know.
Sponsored