Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
“We specifically developed the new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop for Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners who want to quickly and easily embrace the outdoors,” said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care.

This sounds more like Bestop developed it and exclusively sold it and you, Stellantis, decided to carry it to dip a bit into Bestop's profit margin on this best selling accessory by "forcing" Bestop to sell it to you at some super cheap price, no doubt below what Bestop dealers get it for.

And Bestop gave in because you're bigger than they are.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I, for one, am offended at this...this...rebranding speak of the Bestop Sunrider.

I'll have none of it! (not).

"Rebranding," might...might (I say sarcastically and cynically directed at Stellantis) be if Stellantis took the effort to replace or at least remove the Bestop logo from the Sunrider product.

Pictures suggest they haven't gotten even that far.

This, IMHO, is Stellantis squeezing another vendor's profit stream. They have history doing this (those who remember the JL bolt hood lock delays.)

Sure---contractually Stellantis might be able to do this, but IMHO it reaps of excessive squeezing of the little guy vendor, and bears the spirit of anti-trust type strong arming.

Bestop, come on and say, "we love this idea of being undercut in price because it increases our sales volume and profit," and I shall be silenced on this matter.

@Bestop

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

OR

Bestop recognized that being able to have their insanely popular Sunrider product available right there on the Jeep "Build and Price" tool, so that it's a part of the "obvious purchase path" for new buyers, is a HUGE opportunity to exponentially increase sales, and they jumped at it.

Think of how many dealer inventory orders are likely to have this, especially in areas like Florida, SoCal, etc.

TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Sunrider became the default for Hard Top purchases in the next few years.

Sponsored

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I would enjoy the sunrider flip top but it appears it would not play all that well with a Gobi roof rack which I'm planning for some day...

Last edited:

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
Thanks so much 👍🏻
Ok, Now I feel like an idiot lol. So I got home and checked the bracket out. The front has plenty of room but I guess I didn't check the back. You are right they don't fit properly with the handles. I am removing the grab handles now since it isn't a proper fit. I'm glad I saw your post because now I got to fix mine where I would have overlooked the rear of the bracket where the handle mounts.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Tried to check out the " new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop for Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator ", mopar site says does not fit this vehicle, select another one does not give you the option for selecting the 392. Just saying.
Encountered the same thing for any non-2021 options I selected. I already have the sunrider, but was curious as to the "Mopar" price.

Screenshot_20210714-180401_Chrome.png

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh goody now those will be in perpetual back order like the Trektop Ultra.
Yeah, definitely an unmapped fork in the road, with no clear indication of where it'll lead. Either it's a big contract that will spur growth in manufacturing and availability to all Bestop vendors, or the Jeep factory will monopolize the products and all other vendors will be on a seemingly forever backorder.

My companies product is strictly kept out of the big box stores. I only allow smaller privately owned businesses to become registered retailers. Once registered, the area around each of those companies is protected for them, meaning I won't allow another company to register if they are in too close of proximity. First come, first serve type of deal. Also, as the only wholesale supplier, I don't sell to the general public because inevitably my customers customers will migrate to me for a lower price. Most wholesalers don't do that, but I firmly believe in everyone getting to eat and that no one dips their bread in anyone else's gravy.

This doesn't get lost on my retail network, and coupled to a reputable product, the result is a very loyal network that's proud to continually spread word and praise. Every consecutive season, my outbound volume increases by a considerable amount.

I'd rather burn bright enough to clearly see for a long time, than to burn bright enough to be seen from space for a short spell.

Apologies for that long commercial break. I may leave work at the end of the day, but work never fully leaves my mind. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

I've always liked the idea of the Sunrider, but the occasional fitment issues read here have kept me from plunking down on it. I've also always liked the look of the fastback top, but would miss the cargo airspace too much. Personally, I prefer the original NX over the newer Ultra, because I don't have rear seat passengers often enough to care about folding it all the way back and it can't be done on the fly from the drivers position. Also, safari mode looks cooler, IMHO, than folded all the way back.

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
“We specifically developed the new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop for Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners who want to quickly and easily embrace the outdoors,” said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care.

This sounds more like Bestop developed it and exclusively sold it and you, Stellantis, decided to carry it to dip a bit into Bestop's profit margin on this best selling accessory by "forcing" Bestop to sell it to you at some super cheap price, no doubt below what Bestop dealers get it for.

I believe Bestop has had this since the jk wrangler also. A little disingenuous for stellantis to say "we've specifically developed". They've been watching what consumers have been doing and wanted a piece of the pie.

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Ok, Now I feel like an idiot lol. So I got home and checked the bracket out. The front has plenty of room but I guess I didn't check the back. You are right they don't fit properly with the handles. I am removing the grab handles now since it isn't a proper fit. I'm glad I saw your post because now I got to fix mine where I would have overlooked the rear of the bracket where the handle mounts.
Thanks for checking - appreciate it all the same!

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr

They are reading from the Apple playbook. Watch how another company builds an accessory for your product and if it is successful, incorporate it into your own offering in the future.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
I've had a Sunrider on order for a couple months now. Think that I'll have any better luck ordering it from Mopar?
I got mine (JT - Twill) from Northridge 4x4 in a matter of days. Ordered 7/1/21 and had it within I think 5 days.
Sponsored