Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Just got a reply back from Criswell Auto. I inquired about building a Rubicon and they said they are offering 3% but 2% is to finance 75% of the vehicle through a conventional lender they set up. The 1% is for Affiliate awards. No thanks.
Sponsored

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Just got a reply back from Criswell Auto. I inquired about building a Rubicon and they said they are offering 3% but 2% is to finance 75% of the vehicle through a conventional lender they set up. The 1% is for Affiliate awards. No thanks.
Yep they were zero help in the discount dept.!

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from ordering my Sting Grey Rubicon (central PA). Only got 6.1% off MSRP (1.2% below invoice) but was happy with what I got for my 20 year old trade in. $394 DOC.

Last edited:

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
Just got back from ordering my Sting Grey Rubicon (central PA). Only got 6.1% off MSRP (1.2% below invoice) but was happy with what I got for my 20 year old trade in. $394 DOC.
What did Gupton offer?

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What did Gupton offer?
I emailed Daniel and didn’t hear back from him. I was able to get a response from Renee but still havn’t got a response on my build sheet I forwarded to her about 24 hrs ago. I was hoping to get a response sooner but understand they are probably busy.
I did some calculations and if they were to come in 6% under Invoice for me, along with their DOC, it would save me approx. $2,000 but I wouldn’t be able to get my trade-in $ I received (it’s on it’s last legs and probably wouldn’t make it there). Plus I would have to spend $ to travel there (10.5hrs, 730 miles) and spend gas $ getting back. I would absolutely love to do it for the road trip experience but have 2 children so it would be challenging.
If they come back with 9% I’ll have a hard decision to make as far as cancelling my order (havn’t received my VON yet), not sure if I could recoup my $1,000. I would also feel bad breaking a contract with my dealer.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I emailed Daniel and didn’t hear back from him. I was able to get a response from Renee but still havn’t got a response on my build sheet I forwarded to her about 24 hrs ago. I was hoping to get a response sooner but understand they are probably busy.
I did some calculations and if they were to come in 6% under Invoice for me, along with their DOC, it would save me approx. $2,000 but I wouldn’t be able to get my trade-in $ I received (it’s on it’s last legs and probably wouldn’t make it there). Plus I would have to spend $ to travel there (10.5hrs, 730 miles) and spend gas $ getting back. I would absolutely love to do it for the road trip experience but have 2 children so it would be challenging.
If they come back with 9% I’ll have a hard decision to make as far as cancelling my order (havn’t received my VON yet), not sure if I could recoup my $1,000. I would also feel bad breaking a contract with my dealer.
Used car prices are still high. Shop your trade to Cramax, Vroom, Carvana and other dealers.

I have yet to hear of any dealer offering a legit 9%-under invoice. Maybe a dealer might BS with with a super high DOC fee and other BS requirments?

Guption seems to be pretty straight forward and transparent. Gupton has been offering 8%-under invoice if you have Affiliate and take their financing for a few months. Their DOC fee of $499 is probably about 1% on average depending on how loaded up the order is?

Last edited:

kglassic

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.criswellchryslerjeepdodge.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Occupation
Jeep Sales Manager
Yep they were zero help in the discount dept.!
Criswell Jeep July special offer:

Factory orders 5% below invoice now through Saturday, July 31, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited factory orders – 5% below factory invoice (2% Jeep Forum member + 1% AR + 2% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: Conventional financing does not include Chrysler special financing offers. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local tax, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new Jeep.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.

6togo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Sahara
Criswell Jeep July special offer:

Factory orders 5% below invoice now through Saturday, July 31, 2021 @ 6:00 pm EST.

2021 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited factory orders – 5% below factory invoice (2% Jeep Forum member + 1% AR + 2% conventional financing/leasing).

NOTE: Conventional financing does not include Chrysler special financing offers. We are affiliated with multiple banks that compete to earn your business. As a result, they offer very competitive rates.

Our forum pricing does not include your state and local tax, tag/title fees and dealer processing of $500.

No additional fees, equipment or accessories added to your price. Wheel locks are included at no charge.

All trade-in appraisal values are guaranteed until time of delivery of your new Jeep.

NEW – We have partnered with a new shipper that offers quicker pick up and better rates. Your salesman can provide a guaranteed shipping cost at time of order.

Please contact us at [email protected] or 301-212-4411.
That's not 8% though and definitely could not get close to it.

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed to a build 7/10, havn’t heard anything about a VON number, emailed salesman today asking and no reply. Would the factory shutdown this week keep a VON from being generated? I’m a little upset seeing how quickly some have received their VON and my salesman can’t even respond to an email. I received a good offer from Gupton and am considering their offer seeing on how well they communicate. Is a $1,000 deposit still non-refundable if they havn’t placed the order yet?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Agreed to a build 7/10, havn’t heard anything about a VON number, emailed salesman today asking and no reply. Would the factory shutdown this week keep a VON from being generated? I’m a little upset seeing how quickly some have received their VON and my salesman can’t even respond to an email. I received a good offer from Gupton and am considering their offer seeing on how well they communicate. Is a $1,000 deposit still non-refundable if they havn’t placed the order yet?
$1K deposit was non-refundable. You should double check about the "if they have not placed the order yet".

Last edited:

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1K deposit was non-refundable. You should double check about the "if they have not placed the order yet".
I just think communication would be nice, instead of finding out the factory was closing on this forum, it would have been nice to hear it from the sales rep, “Hey, just wanted to let you know I placed your order but the facotry is closed for the week or Hey, I can’t place your order until the factory opens.”

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.
Lakeland stopped the Tread Lightly deal?
Sorry for the late response on this post. This is Mike P from Lakeland Dodge and we are still doing the Tread Lightly. My contact information is listed below. Give me a call and I will get you the best I can do for my Forum customers.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 348
Email: [email protected]

Lakeland Dodge Boys

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Pacifica, Grand Cherokee, 19 JL Sport.
No I guess I did not word that correctly. At first he was offering 7% below invoice with Tread Lightly but after Criswell and some other dealers lowered their % he did the same thing so it was thousands more than Gupton motors quoted me (8% below on May 18th). I waited too long to order I wish I ordered sooner
That is correct, we were offering 7% under invoice and if it was my decision I would keep it this way. We are giving 4% at this time until I'm told I can go back to our normal deals of 7%.

Michael Peralta
Internet Sales Manager
Cell: 863-904-7033
Office: 863-687-2501 Ext. 348
Email: [email protected]

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Dumb question for the forum. I'm wrapping up negotiation among some local TX dealers. I've gotten acceptable verbal terms from one (new order, 6% below invoice, $400 Title/doc, no dealer adds, use TL, use dealer financing, dangled trade-in potential).

However, I've run into a roadblock in advancing this to the order stage. The dealer is unwilling to provide written documentation of terms (E.g. invoice before tax & trade, written terms sheet, etc.).

I'm reluctant to place an order (and $500 deposit) without these items documented. Am I being unreasonable?... my leaning is to just say f-it and go with Gupton or the like.

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Dumb question for the forum. I'm wrapping up negotiation among some local TX dealers. I've gotten acceptable verbal terms from one (new order, 6% below invoice, $400 Title/doc, no dealer adds, use TL, use dealer financing, dangled trade-in potential).

However, I've run into a roadblock in advancing this to the order stage. The dealer is unwilling to provide written documentation of terms (E.g. invoice before tax & trade, written terms sheet, etc.).

I'm reluctant to place an order (and $500 deposit) without these items documented. Am I being unreasonable?... my leaning is to just say f-it and go with Gupton or the like.
Not a dumb question. I went with DeMontrond in Conroe, for a killer deal, and my salesman was Neil Carpenter. DM me and I'll share his mobile number.

He was no BS and I got paperwork on everything.
Sponsored