Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

b575abda-0de6-4f8d-b7f0-1bd57d769d04-png.png

Jeep® Wrangler Unleashes $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package with 35-inch Tires at 2021 Chicago Auto Show
Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop also now available on all Jeep Wrangler models
  • Jeep® Wrangler Xtreme Recon package offers 35-inch tires straight from the factory, delivering best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability
  • Customer orders now open for Xtreme Recon Package, with production starting at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant in August
  • Industry-first 100:1 crawl ratio from the factory available for order on the Wrangler Rubicon later this year
  • New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop offers an appealing option for iconic open-air freedom from Wrangler
July 14, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Today at the 2021 Chicago Auto Show, the Jeep® brand demonstrated again its legendary 4x4 capability, go-anywhere attitude and open-air freedom, announcing two updates to the 2021 Wrangler, including the new Xtreme Recon Package with 35-inch tires and Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop.

“As an icon built around 80 years of unmatched 4x4 capability, the Wrangler has always pushed the limit of what a Jeep can do off road, and the new Xtreme Recon Package with 35-inch tires straight from the factory pushes that limit even further,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “While the Xtreme Recon Package sets the benchmark for 4x4 capability, the easy-to-use Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop fortifies Wrangler’s open-air spirit.”

Priced at a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $3,995, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
  • 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
  • Swing gate reinforcement
  • 4.56:1 axle ratio
  • 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
The results: Best-in-class approach angle, departure angle, ground clearance and water fording capability:
  • Approach angle – 47.4 degrees
  • Breakover angle – 26.7 degrees
  • Departure angle – 40.4 degrees
  • Ground clearance – 12.9 inches
  • Water fording – 33.6 inches
Customers can now order the Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon package on the Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 3.6-liter automatic with eTorque and the Wrangler Rubicon 392. Production at the Toledo (Ohio) Assembly Plant will start in August.

A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon later in 2021. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later this year on Wrangler Rubicon two-door and four-door models equipped with the 3.6-liter V-6 engine.

Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop
Available on all Wrangler models, the new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop offers a front-row soft top that quickly and easily flips back for an enhanced open-air driving experience. Priced at a U.S. MSRP of $895, the Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop is constructed from ultra-premium black twill fabric common on many high-end luxury convertibles, making it capable of protecting against inclement weather. The new ready-to-install top comes with mounting rails and hardware included and easily installs in place of the hardtop Freedom panels.

Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show Jeep JL Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package 1
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show Jeep JL Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package 2
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show JP021_616WRfrf0bemoi4pcp0icpbned67f04
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show JP021_615WRhqtfmnrlosfu5ilf094tbdeg3s
Jeep Wrangler JL $3,995 Xtreme Recon Package For Jeep JL Wrangler Unleashed at 2021 Chicago Auto Show JP021_617WRkn9gk52guk33ejpa2et0h3dj5r
Sponsored

Last edited:

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
A new 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available on the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon later in 2021. When paired with the six-speed manual transmission, this optional axle ratio delivers a best-in-class 100:1 crawl ratio for increased wheel torque and control when navigating off-road obstacles. The 4.88:1 axle ratio will be available for ordering later this year on Wrangler Rubicon two-door and four-door models equipped with the 3.6-liter V-6 engine.
Thank you Jeep for offering this in a 2-door and manual transmission!

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I wonder why this package is limited to the 3.6 V6, and does not include the turbo?

Sounds like the 4.88 great ratio will also not be available on the 2.0 Turbo.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Priced at a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $3,995, the new Jeep Wrangler Xtreme Recon Package includes:
  • LT315/70R17C (35-inch) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
  • 17-inch by 8-inch beadlock capable wheels
  • Swing gate reinforcement
  • 4.56:1 axle ratio
  • 1.5-inch factory suspension lift with uniquely tuned shocks
At that price point, it seems like a great bargain from the factory!

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
35" tires, wheels that require you to buy mopars over priced lock rings ( like the winch plate for the $1200 bumper). And not Fox shocks but tuned shocks (non adjustable). And a 1.5" lift for 35", they fit but would look tucked. I would pass.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
At that price point, it seems like a great bargain from the factory!
Yeah absolutely. 35’s in 315 alone would cost you about $1,500 +/-. Adding a regear, lift and a set of 5 beadlocks and you’re way over that price point on your own for sure. There’s no question there. Good to see Jeep offering more than “appearance” pkg’s to the list of options. I would expect that it will be offered to other models as well, all the way down to the Sport once signals show demand.

And a 1.5" lift for 35", they fit but would look tucked. I would pass.
This I can agree with though. Not sure how in the world a 1.5” is going to cut it. I’m at 2” + .5” hockey pucks on 315’s and need at least another 2” to feel comfortable again and open that gap back up. But that’s just my personal opinion.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Yeah absolutely. 35’s in 315 alone would cost you about $1,500 +/-. Adding a regear, lift and a set of 5 beadlocks and you’re way over that price point on your own for sure. There’s no question there. Good to see Jeep offering more than “appearance” pkg’s to the list of options. I would expect that it will be offered to other models as well, all the way down to the Sport once signals show demand.

This I can agree with though. Not sure how in the world a 1.5” is going to cut it. I’m at 2” + .5” hockey pucks on 315’s and need at least another 2” to feel comfortable again and open that gap back up. But that’s just my personal opinion.
On the V6, I believe you are also getting the following:
  • Dana M210 Wide HD Tube Front Axle (DJV)
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Perf Brakes (BR4)
  • MOPAR Hinge-Gate Reinforcement (XDB) + rear tire locator
The first 2 are standard on the 392, and the suspension may also be unchanged on the 392 (uncertain currently) - so seems like a good deal for the V6, but not as much on the 392

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I am excited about this package but bummed its only with the e-torque. Im guessing its to keep the MPG up. I wont lie, not a fan of the e-torque. i went with the 6speed to get ride of the e-torque. its unclear that you can get the package or not with the manual but you will be able to get the 4.88 gear ratio. im hoping that they allow it with the manual too. I also assume that the 1.5" lift is just the mopar lift labeled to 1.5" for manufacturing purposes

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
35" tires, wheels that require you to buy mopars over priced lock rings ( like the winch plate for the $1200 bumper). And not Fox shocks but tuned shocks (non adjustable). And a 1.5" lift for 35", they fit but would look tucked. I would pass.
The pictures show Fox shocks. There is still a lot of unknowns and basically confirmed what we already knew/figured out.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
Come on windy city Jeepers, get your ass to the show and snap some photos for us!
this is strange. So much better in the winter. This and the bike show have moved to summer. I liked it during the winter during a time when cabin fever has kind of set in and you are looking for things to do. Prob won’t make it, but looking forward to pics
Sponsored