Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Jeep® Performance Parts Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.03 AM

• New flip-back, fabric Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop feature available now on Jeep® Wrangler and Gladiator models for enhanced open-air driving experience
  • Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) and Mopar accessory portfolios include wide selection of offerings for summer driving; For more information, visit the Mopar eStore

July 14, 2021 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep® Performance Parts (JPP) and Mopar are gearing up Jeep enthusiasts for summer and the peak open-air driving season.

The newest quality-tested, factory-backed accessory in Mopar’s JPP portfolio is the Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop that offers a front-row soft top that quickly and easily flips back for an enhanced open-air driving experience.

“There is nothing like the open-air freedom a Jeep can offer on the road or on the trails,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “With this innovative new feature, our passionate owners will have yet another way to enhance their open-air experience.”

“We specifically developed the new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop for Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator owners who want to quickly and easily embrace the outdoors,” said Mark Bosanac, North America Vice President, Mopar Service, Parts & Customer Care. “Across the entire Jeep lineup, Mopar offers more than 500 quality-tested, factory-backed parts and accessories.”

The new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop is constructed from ultra-premium black twill fabric common on many high-end luxury convertibles, making it capable of protecting against inclement weather. The new top comes ready-to-install with mounting rails and hardware included, or it may be installed at any Jeep dealership.

Available in the U.S. and Canada, the Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop (Mopar part number 82216370AA) is available for 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler two-door and four-door models, and 2020-2021 Gladiator models, with a U.S. manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $895.

For the ultimate open-air driving experience across the Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator lineups, below are additional select JPP and Mopar accessories. Items are available in the U.S. and Canada. The following descriptions include Jeep sales code or Mopar part number and U.S. MSRP. For more information, visit the Mopar eStore.

JPP half doors for Jeep Wrangler – part of Dual-Door Group
The half-door option enhances the Jeep Wrangler driving experience with production styling, security and occupant protection. With lower window ledges, new half doors provide improved visibility while maneuvering on and off road.

Available for both two- and four-door Jeep Wrangler models through the Mopar Custom Shop, as part of an original new-vehicle purchase, the Dual-Door Group includes both full and half doors. A choice of upper-window assemblies for the half doors creates a weather-tight seal and features zippered plastic windows for quick, easy removal. Warranty coverage for each Dual-Door Group option is included as part of the new-vehicle warranty of three years/36,000 miles.
  • Dual-Door Group with base-model upper-window assemblies – sales code AJB:
    • Wrangler two door: $2,350
    • Wrangler four door: $3,995
  • Dual-Door Group with premium-model upper-window assemblies – sales code AJS:
    • Wrangler two door: $2,550
    • Wrangler four door: $4,395
JPP tube door kits
Owners can enjoy the freedom of the open trail and a sense of security with two inches of rounded steel by their side. The tube-shape design from the factory provides optimal aesthetics and maximum cabin space. Sold as two-door or four-door kits, the tube doors use production hinges and rubber bump stops for added strength and factory fit and finish, while minimizing shakes and rattles.
  • 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator or 2018-2021 Wrangler four door: (77072498AB | $1,195)
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler two door: (77072496AC | $745)
JPP tube door mirror kit
For full functionality, both JPP tube-door kits require the addition of a mirror kit, available for both Jeep Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator. The mirror kit includes two separately mounted side mirrors that are quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.
  • Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator: (77072562AB | $215)
JPP door covers
Mesh covers are also available for JPP tube doors to protect from debris and excess wind.
  • Jeep Wrangler two door: (77072563AA | $135)
  • Jeep Gladiator or Wrangler four door: (77072564AA | $250)
When installed by an authorized Stellantis dealership, the JPP tube-door kits, mirror kit and door covers and warranted against defects in workmanship or materials for 24 months/unlimited miles from date of purchase for both parts and labor.

JPP doors-off mirror kit
When original, factory-installed front doors with attached mirrors are removed, two separately mounted side mirrors may be quickly and easily installed for an enhanced rear view.

Both mirrors in the kitattach to a cowl-end cap bolt and the upper-door hinge on each side. Mirrors include a built-in break-away feature that prevents damage while in tight spaces on the road or trail. No special tools are required and installation is simple with the use of a T40 bit wrench, which is in the standard tool kit found in all new Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models.
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator models (82215331AB | $295)
JPP cab covers
Made from high-quality, weather-resistant nylon, the various cab covers fit snugly using two integrated cords and elastic loops that attach around taillights and mirrors.
  • Black, water-resistant nylon:
    • Jeep Gladiator (82215600 | $175)
    • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler two door (82215371 | $160)
    • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler four door (82215370 | $175)
    • 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler two door (82210321 | $170)
    • 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler four door (82210323 | $175)
  • Silver, heat reflective:
    • 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler two door (82210322AB | $160)
    • 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler four door (82210324AB | $165)
JPP grab handles
To assist entry and exit from the vehicle, the pair of grab handles attach to the front or rear sport bar and feature a sculpted overmold for comfortable fit along with a Jeep grille logo.
  • Front handles:
    • Jeep Gladiator and (82215523AB | $39)
    • 2018-2021 Wrangler with power top (82216098 | $39)
  • Rear handles:
    • Jeep Gladiator and 2018-2021 Wrangler (82215524AB | $39)
JPP sunbonnets
When the soft-top or hardtop is removed, the mesh sun bonnet provides overhead UV protection. Made from black premium-grade, mildew- and fade-resistant fabric, the top attaches to all four sides for the tightest possible fit.
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler two door (82215389AB |$150)
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler four door (82215390AC | $150)
  • Jeep Gladiator (82215621 | $150)
The solid sunbonnet is made of black durable, high-quality soft-top material and provides a modest amount of rain protection, plus shade and wind protection.
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler two door (82215391AC | $200)
  • 2018-2021 Jeep Wrangler four door (82215392AC | $250)
The JPP doors-off mirror kit, cab covers, grab handles and sunbonnets include the standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage of two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.18.58 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.03 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.10 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.15 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.21 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.26 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.30 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.37 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.43 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.48 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.53 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.19.59 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.05 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.11 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.15 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.20 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.25 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Announces New Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop; Innovative Feature Available Now on Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator Models Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 11.20.29 AM
Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I'm in for the 2-door cab cover... It appears from the pictures that it's intended to go over the hard top, which AFAIK, is a first.

jsore

First Name
James Sorenson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC Trailhawk, '21 392 traded, '24 392 ordered
Tried to check out the " new Sunrider Flip Top for Hardtop for Jeep Wrangler and Gladiator ", mopar site says does not fit this vehicle, select another one does not give you the option for selecting the 392. Just saying.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Still no retractable sun shade for the Sunrider.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Kinda annoys the crap out of me they keep showing bullet silver with new products. When I couldn't order my Jeep with silver last month

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Isn’t this just the bestop sunrider rebranded for Mopar?
Yes, it is. I was able to get this added to my order from Gupton last week and bundled into my financing, which is convenient.

I asked them to deliver the vehicle to me with the Freedom Tops still installed, so I can test drive/inspect with Freedom Panels intact, and then do the install/swap while I'm filling out final paperwork.

Picking up on Saturday so glad to report back for sure.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Still no retractable sun shade for the Sunrider.
I'm convinced that it will never see the light of day at this point.

It was teased in May 2019, and they side step most of the questions about it now.

I would love for it to come to market as my wife will not ride in the jeep without a shade and I would like to run without a shade in the evenings when the sun is low.

Sponsored

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Does anyone know if this is the basic model or the upgraded heavy twill version?

Edit:
Answer found, it is the heavy twill version.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I have Mopar grab handles and installed the Sunrider this past week with no issues. The Sunrider bracket doesn't even come close to interfering with the Mopar grab handles.
Amazing, you're the first person who's managed to do that.
I've not found anyone else including me who's got a sunrider to fit flush to the roof with the grab handles installed.

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
I'm wondering if Bestop has redesigned the brackets since seeing Mopar is offering it now rebranded. I'm guessing it's redesigned in order to work with the handles since Mopar is putting their name on it. I thought the same thing at first when I got the Sunrider and figured I would have to take the handles off but when I put the bracket on there was no interference at all. I just bought the Sunrider a week ago.
You could well be right! Any chance of a photo of the handles with the sunrider so I can see?

I'd love to be able to fit my handles back on!