Sponsored

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Just retrieved my Jeep from having the AB part installed. Maybe feels a little tighter, but can't confirm full testing until tomorrow's commute. Will post up after I get home as to whether or not I feel a difference. If not, I'll be looking into either the Synergy brace and/or the Fox stabilizer.

I hate this in a new vehicle, especially one with this kind of price tag.
Sponsored

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Just retrieved my Jeep from having the AB part installed. Maybe feels a little tighter, but can't confirm full testing until tomorrow's commute. Will post up after I get home as to whether or not I feel a difference. If not, I'll be looking into either the Synergy brace and/or the Fox stabilizer.

I hate this in a new vehicle, especially one with this kind of price tag.
I added an Icon centerline stabilizer after the steering box was replaced. Didnā€™t notice much of an improvement.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, morning commute in the bag. For reference, I drive ~25 miles each direction for work, 15 of which is interstate.

Noticeable improvement, but it still requires more attention and correction than my JKU did. I think this is probably the best we can expect from FCA. The steering is much stiffer, and the bump and roll and drift is less pronounced.

For reference, my 2021 JLUR (build date January 2021) went from the AA steering box to the AB.

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
So I finally got around to checking the torque on all the bolts after the TSB was complete. I found everything was not even close to torque spec's, especially the sector shaft/pitman arm nut. After I torqued the sector shaft nut, re-installed the track bar, and took a ride, I found my steering wheel is no longer centered. Would this mean that the dealership doing the TSB did an alignment while all the components were loose? Did I mess up the alignment by torqueing the sector shaft? Not sure what to do here.....any suggestions?

Sponsored

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
I am going to add my experience to the list. I had the steering wandering with lots of play in the wheel. I took it to the dealership, and they replaced the steering box under the TSB along with an alignment. It was a noticable improvement, but I still had the small deadspot like others report. I went back, and the tech was kind enough to spend some time with me and go on a test drive. Some of the play was probably air still in the power steering fluid line because I noticed it had gotten better after driving it a few weeks. I still don't like the constant corrections through the dead spot to keep going straight due to changing road conditions. On a straight road, if I take my hands off the wheel, it goes straight. I was told that there is going to be some play in the steering because of the solid axle. My uncle says it is the separation gear. There are other posts that cover that topic, so no need to rehash it. There is a subtle "popping" that is telegraphed through the steering wheel when going through the dead center deadspot just cruising down the road. It doesn't happen every time, or it could be masked by rougher roads. I am going to call another dealer and see what they say.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Hey guys, need help real quick. I have a 2019 JLUR and just went in for the tsb and the dealership is telling me it does not apply to my vin number. Are they blowing smoke at me? I didnā€™t see anything about vin numbers on the tsb.

jeffrey4x4

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLSTC
Hey guys, need help real quick. I have a 2019 JLUR and just went in for the tsb and the dealership is telling me it does not apply to my vin number. Are they blowing smoke at me? I didnā€™t see anything about vin numbers on the tsb.
I dropped my 2018 JLUR this week for track bar and steering box. No talk of vin numbers.

wandrur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, morning commute in the bag. For reference, I drive ~25 miles each direction for work, 15 of which is interstate.

Noticeable improvement, but it still requires more attention and correction than my JKU did. I think this is probably the best we can expect from FCA. The steering is much stiffer, and the bump and roll and drift is less pronounced.

For reference, my 2021 JLUR (build date January 2021) went from the AA steering box to the AB.
A couple hundred miles in on the AB replacement part. While the steering is tighter at lower speeds, the wandering at higher speed is still present, to the point of 'dancing' at speeds over 60mph. What I mean by dancing is akin to the feeling of serious body roll around a sharp corner, but feeling that in the steering as I'm trying to maintain within my own lane on an interstate or curvy road.

To the point of not being safe at posted speed limits. Not thrilled.

I suppose this is as good as any other proposed solution. Cheaper, even. I've read through your thread and a couple of others, and the only hesitation I have is the 6.5 degree caster reading some have listed, which is ~.5 over the Mopar specs for the Rubicon.

But I've got the LCAs in my cart and will probably pull the trigger anyway. Appreciate the recommendation.

Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
The dealership is definitely giving me the run around. My wrangler is lifted with bigger tires but the steering components are 100% oem factory.

- they first told me that my vin number does not fall under the tsb. I called them out on that and said there are no vin numbers on the tsb, just years. I have a 19 btw.

- then they said my jeep does not fall within service wheel alignment specifications. I asked what that meant and they said ā€œIā€™m not sureā€. Iā€™m guessing it has to go on the alignment rack to check alignment before hand?

-then they proceeded to say that they cannot perform the tsb due to the suspension modifications. The tsb states that lifted wranglers is not a problem if it falls within service wheel alignment specs, again, whatever that means.

- then lastly they blamed it on the bigger tires. Which are 37s but are mounted on the factory wheels. But why is that a problem? Iā€™ve seen brand new jeeps sold at dealerships with 37s. Are they going to deny them as well?

My steering is horrible and is everything the tsb states. Iā€™ve already pmā€™d @JeepCares so Iā€™m waiting for a response from them to see if they can help.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The dealership is definitely giving me the run around. My wrangler is lifted with bigger tires but the steering components are 100% oem factory.

- they first told me that my vin number does not fall under the tsb. I called them out on that and said there are no vin numbers on the tsb, just years. I have a 19 btw.

- then they said my jeep does not fall within service wheel alignment specifications. I asked what that meant and they said ā€œIā€™m not sureā€. Iā€™m guessing it has to go on the alignment rack to check alignment before hand?

-then they proceeded to say that they cannot perform the tsb due to the suspension modifications. The tsb states that lifted wranglers is not a problem if it falls within service wheel alignment specs, again, whatever that means.

- then lastly they blamed it on the bigger tires. Which are 37s but are mounted on the factory wheels. But why is that a problem? Iā€™ve seen brand new jeeps sold at dealerships with 37s. Are they going to deny them as well?

My steering is horrible and is everything the tsb states. Iā€™ve already pmā€™d @JeepCares so Iā€™m waiting for a response from them to see if they can help.
I see your message now, Qjoh5510 and will continue to work with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Anyone have the link, file or PDF for the newest TSB on this issue? Apparently the newest TSB is 08-074-20 REV. F

All I can find online is REV. E