Sponsored

If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife?

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I bought mine a fully loaded Mustang GT. She took it with her when she left me. I should have bought her a Yugo instead.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Zukoda agreed.... I had a mini s and it was as much fun as my porsche!!!! and I would say had an amazing amount of room inside. deceptive when looking at them. Great in the snow with snow tires and just all around fun.

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Get a real car. Dodge Challenger Redeye. Period.

Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
For under 80K, loud fast and comes with a manual or automatic... I would do the ZL1 1LE, this is a beast of a package!

And if she wants it louder, these can be easily moded with headers and high flow cats.. it will sound.. illegal at that point ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? 1626177855766

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
BMW M2, MUCH more room for you than a Porsche or Corvette. I switched to BMW's from Porsche's because of back problems. Plus much easier to get in and out of.

Used M3's and M4's can also be had for under 80K

Jeep Wrangler JL If you were going to buy a sporty car for your wife? IMG_1131

Reactions: DHW
OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I know this isn't a sports car but since you feel the Porsche is small which it is, the Porsche Macan S and GTS are probably some of the best handling SUVs I've driven.

Let me note I am not bashing the Boxter; its truly an incredible hidden gem in the Porsche line up but the smallish size gets tiring after a bit.

Anyways, They(being the Macan) fit like a glove without feeling cramped, and truly handles like no other.
It is also below your 80k price tag as long as you are not crazy with options.
You can order from the factory with only options you want.
I dunno with COVID if they do European delivery at the moment but you can take delivery in Atlanta and get the whole experience its really fun.
Macan:

Also Macan S in white for your reference

Another suggestion of an actual Sports car is the Jaguar F Type!
We had a F Type S with the manual before they stopped making it and it was one of the best engine notes we've had the pleasure of owning. Every single drive was exhilarating and made any bad day better with how good it sounded.

The new 2022 Model comes standard with their supercharged V8 (ZF Auto is great in this as well), which I found interesting and their included maintenance plan (5 years 60k miles) makes it an incredible deal.
We did 61k miles trouble free before getting rear ended by a distracted Escalade that totaled it.

Someone will probably bash me and say "British Unreliability" but every single JLR product we've owned has been problem free and perfect; miles and miles of pure bliss.

White F Type convertible:

C8 is obviously a nice and safe choice as well but they are quite rare at the moment as you may know.

Toyota Supra (BMW built) is a good value around 50k for the Inline 6. A bit small like the Boxter though.

Mercedes? The E450 Coupe and Cabriolet are very relaxing yet spirited and smooth cars.

BMW? The new 440i looks like a beaver and I feel embarrassed to even recommend it.

Those are my top suggestions and I hope it helped somewhat.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide on!
I am 6'4" and 270 pounds. My wife is 5'11" and about half my weight. She will fit in a Mini Cooper, I will not.

OP
OP
wibornz

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
For under 80K, loud fast and comes with a manual or automatic... I would do the ZL1 1LE, this is a beast of a package!

And if she wants it louder, these can be easily moded with headers and high flow cats.. it will sound.. illegal at that point ;)

I love the ZL1 1LE Comoro, but for the price, a new C8 vette could be ordered....

Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
BMW M2, MUCH more room for you than a Porsche or Corvette. I switched to BMW's from Porsche's because of back problems. Plus much easier to get in and out of.

Used M3's and M4's can also be had for under 80K
If not the Shelby, then I second this. But have you ever tried to find an M2? I looked and finding one is not easy. Plus they are either staying the same or going up in value.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
A 911 gt3 Rs maybe a 2010 model without all the electronics. 😎

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Since my wife will only drive a Lexus, I guess it would be that 2 seater Lexus Sports Car, I see them on the dealers floor and they list for around $120.000, not sure of the model name.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
If not the Shelby, then I second this. But have you ever tried to find an M2? I looked and finding one is not easy. Plus they are either staying the same or going up in value.
Yep, it's what I drive right now. Love it but they can be hard to find and used prices are going through the roof. Current M2 production has ended and it will be another year or more before the next generation comes out. Another reason I suggested a pre-owned M3 or M4.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
That sucks! Did you pay cash for it?
No, and the first time she stuck me with one of the payments, I nipped that right in the bud.

Hey, I'd like to emphasize that I'm in no way trying to pour cold water on the OP's happy quest. I was just thinking back about that stupid Mustang, and I blurted out a snarky observation about my life without thinking about the context.
Sponsored