Sponsored

2-door JL verses 2-door Bronco. Which has more configurable options for 2-door buyers?

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Bronco doesn’t have a full electric 2-door with a drone like Jeep showed in a video the other day.
I can’t wait to lay in the jeep and look at the stars while my drone films my 2-dr jeep driving on hell’s revenge.
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: eck

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I can’t wait to lay in the jeep and look at the stars while my drone films my 2-dr jeep driving on hell’s revenge.
I can't say that has ANY appeal to me at all... I will be resisting personal autonomous vehicles until my last breath. Driving is a joy, the participation is rewarding. Having my drone follow while I conquer obstacles might be fun but I will never willingly submit to an autonomous vehicle.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
The only soft top option on the 2 door Bronco is an add on for $2,200
Screenshot 2021-07-10 052938.png

...and no rear ac/heat vents on the 2 door (the 4 door at least has them under the front seats)
Been in the 115 range all week, my dog would be in a bit of bother without direct air to the back of my wrangler...
I think they are saving rear vents for next revision...otherwise why would people trade in curent gen (Gen 6)

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Here is a guy who took delivery of a 2 door, base, Sasquatch. Only 2 options; a metal front bumper and aux switches. As equipped it has front/rear locker, 35’s, 4A in addition to the std. 2H, 4H and 4L and beadlock capable wheels.
I don’t think Broncos are as configurable as JLs but if the minimum will work you can see what it looks like.
https://www.bronco6g.com/our-first-2-door-bronco-delivered-is-a-base-sasquatch-in-carbonized-gray/
That's a good write-up and in the photos, that Base Bronco looks really good. But good enough to wait 12-18 months for delivery? Not in my book, which is why I'm driving a Wrangler.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Damn, look at that guy's pictures. The 2 door trunk has loads of space compared to the Wrangler. I hope Jeep does a LWB 2 door like this someday.

339F5205-35BB-47F3-BB02-C15498F25122.jpeg
yea the extra cargo makes the 2dr more workable for those with kids as you can fit more than a pen in the trunk.
That interior, though. Don’t know I could stare at that everyday.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
There's lots to like for the 2dr, but there's lots to like for us JL 2drs too!
The close up of that Bronco grill looks really cheap, and not a fan of the seats (just by looking at them) but having twin seats in back is a cool idea if you have a 3rd person and have the available extra room.
Should have an effect on what Jeep does w/ their 2dr lineup.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
What I like about the bronco is that it's 9 inches longer than the JL 2 door, and I believe you can remove each rear seat individually. That's what I've been trying to figure out in my JL for a long time now, it'd be sick to just have one seat back there and then the rest of the space open for storage.
I read the Bronco is wider but did not realize it was 9" longer. That puts it between the JL and JLR size wise.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How can anyone make a decision on the Bronco when you can't even hardly get one, ask the question in two years for maybe an answer. Maybe they will get the production line running by that time. Oh, they are shutting the line down for two weeks in August, it's parts supply again.

trainman
Very valid points.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a guy who took delivery of a 2 door, base, Sasquatch. Only 2 options; a metal front bumper and aux switches. As equipped it has front/rear locker, 35’s, 4A in addition to the std. 2H, 4H and 4L and beadlock capable wheels.
I don’t think Broncos are as configurable as JLs but if the minimum will work you can see what it looks like.
https://www.bronco6g.com/our-first-2-door-bronco-delivered-is-a-base-sasquatch-in-carbonized-gray/
Thanks for the link. That guy did a bang up job with the write up and pictures.

Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
How can anyone make a decision on the Bronco when you can't even hardly get one, ask the question in two years for maybe an answer. Maybe they will get the production line running by that time. Oh, they are shutting the line down for two weeks in August, it's parts supply again.

trainman
I would agree that it really doesn't matter at this point. They are almost impossible to get. That was obvious a long time ago and the situation has not improved. We just bought a Jeep. Jeep came through for us and my wife loves it. Can't say the Bronco will be any sort of factor for a couple of years. As a guy with a Ford truck on order I can confirm that Ford production of anything right now is a world class cluster f***

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That extra space comes at a cost, though. The Bronco is huge. I think the two door Bronco looks decent and has great proportions until I see a picture of it with an actual human in it- at which point it looks awkwardly large. Like it makes the human look comically small next to it.

This looks great:

DEC6ED1B-302D-46AD-8172-18B7549B9DF4.jpeg

This is comical:

9DE8CE37-6548-4154-B020-1EB87660C6E2.jpeg

Strangely, this phenomenon reminds me of Rolls Royce. You see pictures of them and they just look like beautiful sedans. Then you see one in person... holy shit that car’s huge!
Your right. How tall is that guy? That guy looks almost like he's a tiny person?

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco doesn’t have a full electric 2-door with a drone like Jeep showed in a video the other day.
That high tech electric Freedom Wrangler might be available before some Broncos. LOL.

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
Regarding configurations for my needs/wants, having already a basically fully loaded JLUR I think I’d look at getting a 2dr Bronco as more of a basic fun toy, in which case all I’d really want in it is a manual transmission, bigger tires and upgraded sound system.
From playing with the build function it seems if i want 35s i need the sasquatch package and that would delete manual transmission and that to upgrade to premium sound i need to move to a higher trim.

OP
OP

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plenty of drones you can buy today that will follow you while your driving Hell's Revenge. And they seem to be coming down in price. Someone has to be behind the wheel of your Wrangler though. lol.
Sponsored