Wiring DRL Halos

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I purchased LED fogs with RGB halos from LED Factory Mart, and overall they look great and so what they're intended to.

My issue is that with the included kit, you used a direct connection with positive and negative leads that connect directly to the battery, meaning that I have to manually turn the halos on and off.

My question: if I remove the positive connection to the battery, and connect to a fuse tap (cigar lighter fuse in this case) will I achieve what i want as far as the halos powering on with the ignition?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My question: if I remove the positive connection to the battery, and connect to a fuse tap (cigar lighter fuse in this case) will I achieve what i want as far as the halos powering on with the ignition?
Connect the negative to the factory ground point under the hood on the passenger side fender.

Yes, connect the positive to that fuse using a micro fuse tap. That size is not usually sold in auto part stores, so you may need to purchase the fuse tap from Amazon.

OP
OP
superdude

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I have a few fuse taps on hand. Thanks for the help!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Connect the negative to the factory ground point under the hood on the passenger side fender.

Yes, connect the positive to that fuse using a micro fuse tap. That size is not usually sold in auto part stores, so you may need to purchase the fuse tap from Amazon.
Stop teasing me with the halo support, you know I want to get halos and the Oculus were at the top but I don’t want any hassles with Oracle, the Oculus see to have the cleanest install with just the one fuse taped wire.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I purchased LED fogs with RGB halos from LED Factory Mart, and overall they look great and so what they're intended to.

My issue is that with the included kit, you used a direct connection with positive and negative leads that connect directly to the battery, meaning that I have to manually turn the halos on and off.

You can use the heated seats fuse w/ your tap, that seems to be the best source
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fender-led-drl-switchbacks-on-jl-sport.25959/

Sponsored

OP
OP
superdude

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I'm currently using F57 for the exact purpose of that thread haha

HFA2265

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara

Superdude......how dd your final install go? I'm thinking about buying the LED Factory Mart RGB Halos and fog lights too......put them on my 2018 Willys with no problem. How difficult was the install. Thanks

OP
OP
superdude

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
Install was a breeze. I ended up going in a different direction based on a couple factors. The headlights, even when using the included springs to adjust the beam as far down as possible, appear to be a nightmare for oncoming traffic or anybody driving in front of me. The second factor is the halo color. When set to "white", the headlight halos have a blueish hue, while the fog halos have a violet hue. They also don't have the same exact range of displayable colors. You can play around with different RGB control apps to get them close, but I got annoyed with them pretty quickly.

HFA2265

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Install was a breeze. I ended up going in a different direction based on a couple factors. The headlights, even when using the included springs to adjust the beam as far down as possible, appear to be a nightmare for oncoming traffic or anybody driving in front of me. The second factor is the halo color. When set to "white", the headlight halos have a blueish hue, while the fog halos have a violet hue. They also don't have the same exact range of displayable colors. You can play around with different RGB control apps to get them close, but I got annoyed with them pretty quickly.
Thank you! would you recomment the LED Factory Mart or no?

OP
OP
superdude

superdude

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLU Sport
I would not, based solely on the beam pattern. I have a modest 2.5" lift and 33.5" tires - the only way I could see them working is if you're driving a stock Sport with zero additional lift. Even then I'd wager my money on these being a nuisance for others.

Customer service is also not great, as you might expect. You'll get referred to a Facebook page.
Sponsored