Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
At 4:40 he says 4xe’s are sold out for the rest of the year. I ordered ours last week - ugh. If anyone finds out the impact to delivery of recently placed orders, please share with the group.

If you order one, that one is considered sold. Call up your dealer and find out if its been assigned a VIN, if it has, you will get it
Sponsored

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
A search for the 29v (rubicon 4xe) package does give 801 results nationwide- i'll have to say theres some available somewhere. They cant all be pre-sold, but it would take a lot of work to figure that out :)

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Glad. Mojave, 16 JKU Sahara, 20 Supra
A search for the 29v (rubicon 4xe) package does give 801 results nationwide- i'll have to say theres some available somewhere. They cant all be pre-sold, but it would take a lot of work to figure that out :)
This sold out business is all Marketing hype. The 21 build season is pretty much closed and they should be switching tooling over at the plants for the 22 year.

also, my local dealer has a 4xe Sahara on the lot as of yesterday. Tasca Jeep in Johnston RI for anyone interested.

Last edited:

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Lithia listing 7 on the lot in Eugene OR, ranging from $59+K to $71+K.
Couple of Sting, couple of Sarge, a Hydro, a White, and Billet.

Sponsored

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
There's plenty sitting on the lot at Troncalli in Georgia. Or there were a week or so ago. I roll around looking for 392s to ogle occasionally.

If you're down for a drive I guess...

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
We never even got to test drive, every listed 4xe was sold before we called, or before we could get there.

Inigo Montoya

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
I placed an order on a Sahara 3-4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. They were offering $100 refundable deposit to build it (I think it is just guaranteeing and speeding up orders so they have stock). I panicked that the deals they were offering would be gone when it came in in 2 months. I lucked out to find an in transit rubicon that wasn’t sold and got a good deal on it. Bought it last week.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Lithia listing 7 on the lot in Eugene OR, ranging from $59+K to $71+K.
Couple of Sting, couple of Sarge, a Hydro, a White, and Billet.
I believe most dealer website listings are listing customer orders as part of inventory. Drums up interest, potentially gets people in the door. Very few are actually available for sale.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I believe most dealer website listings are listing customer orders as part of inventory. Drums up interest, potentially gets people in the door. Very few are actually available for sale.
I ordered my Rubicon 4xe on 7/2 and got a VIN the next day. I'm visiting my parents out in Colorado right now. There are a good number listed on local dealership websites. However, all but one show to be "in-transit" when you try to view them. So I do wonder if they're showing customer ordered vehicles in case they back out of the order.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I ordered my Rubicon 4xe on 7/2 and got a VIN the next day. I'm visiting my parents out in Colorado right now. There are a good number listed on local dealership websites. However, all but one show to be "in-transit" when you try to view them. So I do wonder if they're showing customer ordered vehicles in case they back out of the order.
I don't think it's about people backing out. I think it's as simple as the fact that it's not worth the effort to figure out how to hide customer orders from the inventory tracker. There's no incentive to bother with that when it just helps generate sales leads anyway.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I don't think it's about people backing out. I think it's as simple as the fact that it's not worth the effort to figure out how to hide customer orders from the inventory tracker. There's no incentive to bother with that when it just helps generate sales leads anyway.
Same reason they don’t clear sold inventory for weeks. Sorry don’t have the Willys in stock, but we can get you into this High Altitude for “similar payments.”

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR , 2017 Ram 2500, 1990 YJ
It could also mean they are done building 2021 model years. Ordering for 2022 should be starting soon.
Eh, our area rep has set some really low expectations on when we can order 2022's. Don't expect soon, a more realistic expectation is late Fall. In our Stellantis employee FB group, a factory employee said 21's final production date is scheduled for December 4th, with 22's start date scheduled for 2 days later. All subject to change at anytime with Stellantis.
Sponsored