Shrockworks or Lod Signature

Justforfun

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram - 2015 JKUR
Trying to decide between these 2 for a slider that my 5’ tall wife can also use as a step on our JLUR. Had ACE on our JKU and they were ok but don’t want them for this Jeep.
Any others we should consider?
Sponsored

Jeepin_Donnie

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 23 Wildtrak Bronco w/Sasquatch package
Occupation
Benefits Manager
Trying to decide between these 2 for a slider that my 5’ tall wife can also use as a step on our JLUR. Had ACE on our JKU and they were ok but don’t want them for this Jeep.
Any others we should consider?
Not sure what else you should consider but LoD Signature Sliders are SOLID! I use them for a step and on the rocks!

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
How do the shrockworks mount? I know people wince at taking out the body bolts but I’d rather do those any day than drill a bunch of holes in the frame again (TNTcustoms expedition). I believe LOD mount through body bolts. Not sure about shrockworks. Something to think about.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
My understanding is LOD mounts around the body bolts, but does not require more than loosening them about 1 turn. I ordered them while they were on sale, but they haven’t shipped yet. Of the 3 ‘mounting points’, 1 is on the frame and 2 are using the 2 nuts beside the body bolts (on the 4 door anyway).
If you need a step, consider Poison Spyder. I just gave up waiting for them. They are similar to LOD, but a bit more frame mounted. There is a removable drop step for the shorter/feeble among us.

OP
OP

Justforfun

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram - 2015 JKUR
My understanding is LOD mounts around the body bolts, but does not require more than loosening them about 1 turn. I ordered them while they were on sale, but they haven’t shipped yet. Of the 3 ‘mounting points’, 1 is on the frame and 2 are using the 2 nuts beside the body bolts (on the 4 door anyway).
If you need a step, consider Poison Spyder. I just gave up waiting for them. They are similar to LOD, but a bit more frame mounted. There is a removable drop step for the shorter/feeble among us.
Don’t need a step that goes below the slider. Just need something that extends beyond the side of the keep enough to step on. Either of these work fir me just trying to see if anyone has any pros/cons. I like the way LOD install

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I like LOD products, but Shrockworks are better. I have both LOD and shrockworks products on my JL and did on my JK too. For sliders Shrockworks is hard to beat. Both brands function well, but shrocks finish is better/more robust and they have much better quality control (less likely to get product that has flaws/errors). Installing Shrockworks sliders is super quick, I think it took me 30min to install both sides. I did paint their insert brackets though to help prevent rusting over time, something I'm surprised they don't do. As a business, both Shrockworks and LOD look after their customers well. LOD is typically a little quicker on delivery, but with sliders Shrockworks does a good job on reducing the wait time to only a couple weeks. Their other products can take them a LONG time to produce and get to you.

For a step the shrockworks w/ plates will work better. The LOD rise up at a stepper angle and the top of the tubing will be closer to the door bottom. As a step to get neither are not that helpful, better than nothing, but not that great. They (both brands) will only be a couple inches below the door and a few inches more outward than the floor. The shrockworks work extremely well as a step for putting the roof down or accessing a roofrack and with that step plate it is much easier than stepping on a round bar.

I don't know what you can do for adding a lower handle for the front seat, but that would be a great help for you wife. On the rear I have some headrest handles by Bartact (trek armor) and that really helps my 4yo climb into the back to get into his car seat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature shrock

Last edited:
OP
OP

Justforfun

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram - 2015 JKUR
I like LOD products, but Shrockworks are better. I have both LOD and shrockworks products on my JL and did on my JK too. For sliders Shrockworks is hard to beat. Both brands function well, but shrocks finish is better/more robust and they have much better quality control (less likely to get product that has flaws/errors). Installing Shrockworks sliders is super quick, I think it took me 30min to install both sides. I did paint their insert brackets though to help prevent rusting over time, something I'm surprised they don't do. As a business, both Shrockworks and LOD look after their customers well. LOD is typically a little quicker on delivery, but with sliders Shrockworks does a good job on reducing the wait time to only a couple weeks. Their other products can take them a LONG time to produce and get to you.

For a step the shrockworks w/ plates will work better. The LOD rise up at a stepper angle and the top of the tubing will be closer to the door bottom. As a step to get in they are not that helpful, better than nothing, but not that great. They will only be a couple inches below the door and a few inches more outward than the floor. The shrockworks well extremely well as a step for putting the roof down or accessing a roofrack and with that step plate it is much easier than stepping on a round bar.

I don't know what you can do for adding a lower handle for the front seat, but that would be a great help for you wife. On the rear I have some headrest handles by Bartact (trek armor) and that really helps my 4yo climb into the back to get into his car seat.

Thank you. Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
If your wife is vertically challenged and your Jeep is lifted any, the LOD steps are of little help getting in. Only the RockSlide Engineering Steps or maybe the Amp steps are helpful in getting the Jeep.

xylodan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I have the Westin Snyper Triple Tubes showing up Monday. I can report back on the install if you wish. Seems they attach exactly the same way the Rubi Rails attach so am expecting a simple and solid install.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/westin/snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door

Looks like they sell out fast. The were sold out 10 days ago, then available for a few days, and now it looks like they are sold out again. Extremeterrain has them but they charge a lot more.

Those Shrockworks shown above look pretty nice though. They completely escaped my radar when choosing and perhaps I might have gone that route but probably not for the extra $.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
FWIW i didn't have to loosen any of the body bolts when installing the Signature series sliders. Some have to loosen them, some don't. No experience with the Shrockworks, sounds like @brewski has got a comparison covered though.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

For a step the shrockworks w/ plates will work better. The LOD rise up at a stepper angle and the top of the tubing will be closer to the door bottom. As a step to get neither are not that helpful, better than nothing, but not that great. They (both brands) will only be a couple inches below the door and a few inches more outward than the floor. The shrockworks work extremely well as a step for putting the roof down or accessing a roofrack and with that step plate it is much easier than stepping on a round bar.

I still have Rusty's Offroad Sliders on order but have been thinking about canceling it. (Been on order since March). Do you have any additional pictures of the Shrockworks mounts and a picture of the Jeep from the side? I wish Shrockworks had more pictures on their site.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I still have Rusty's Offroad Sliders on order but have been thinking about canceling it. (Been on order since March). Do you have any additional pictures of the Shrockworks mounts and a picture of the Jeep from the side? I wish Shrockworks had more pictures on their site.
I don’t have any pics of them installed. Right now my jeep is in my garage battery disconnected and all, so I can’t get you any great pics. I’m waiting on some parts to finish what I’m working on.

as far as install I got some for Shrockworks since I have a diesel and diesels are a little different. But the process is all the same, diesel just has a bigger fuel tank skid from my understanding; and on the opposite side. I removed some bolts holding the tank skid w/o removing the skid plate. I then used a crowbar to bend it away to fit the slider mount under it. On this side I had my wife help me because it’s a 3 hand job with the crowbar.

But otherwise you install these 2 brackets by feeding them thru some frame holes. The double nut goes in the rear and the one of the bolt goes up front. The rear nut on the rear bracket is to secure the adapter mount to the frame; I tightened it with the other bolt in to make sure it doesn’t rotate out of alignment. On the front you put the lower bolt into the bracket loose so you can hang the slider on it and then bolt the rear mount in place. Then tighten the front bolt and nut. I didn’t fully tighten either front or rear until both were in place and just shy of figure tight to allow some movement for positioning. Then torque them to the required spec (don’t remember what it was).

I used anitseize on the bolts to make sure no rusting and seizing happens over the years.

Brackets that get installed into the frame after I painted them. I did a quick heavy single coat because I only painted them for rust prevention. I used masking tape around the bolt and stuffed into the nuts to prevent paint getting on the threads.
Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature CCB1AB6B-BCBF-4864-8409-D35456F0ADB5

Pic showing where to crowbar to lower skid some. This was taken after installed, not during. No drilling or modifying my jeep was required.
Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature 202FD0AF-C4C2-4F43-B29A-33826B8F3BC6

how the sliders are packaged. There was a top piece of that expanding foam not shown.
Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature C4C892DA-704A-4FFD-BAFB-E657DB95D734

this is the only other picture I have which might show them better. This was after I installed the driver side. I had moved the Rubicon sliders to that side so I could work on the passenger side.
Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature 0DC1071E-79D5-4850-848A-AC1CEB1FFB1A

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I don’t have any pics of them installed. Right now my jeep is in my garage battery disconnected and all, so I can’t get you any great pics. I’m waiting on some parts to finish what I’m working on.

as far as install I got some for Shrockworks since I have a diesel and diesels are a little different. But the process is all the same, diesel just has a bigger fuel tank skid from my understanding; and on the opposite side. I removed some bolts holding the tank skid w/o removing the skid plate. I then used a crowbar to bend it away to fit the slider mount under it. On this side I had my wife help me because it’s a 3 hand job with the crowbar.

But otherwise you install these 2 brackets by feeding them thru some frame holes. The double nut goes in the rear and the one of the bolt goes up front. The rear nut on the rear bracket is to secure the adapter mount to the frame; I tightened it with the other bolt in to make sure it doesn’t rotate out of alignment. On the front you put the lower bolt into the bracket loose so you can hang the slider on it and then bolt the rear mount in place. Then tighten the front bolt and nut. I didn’t fully tighten either front or rear until both were in place and just shy of figure tight to allow some movement for positioning. Then torque them to the required spec (don’t remember what it was).

I used anitseize on the bolts to make sure no rusting and seizing happens over the years.

Brackets that get installed into the frame after I painted them. I did a quick heavy single coat because I only painted them for rust prevention. I used masking tape around the bolt and stuffed into the nuts to prevent paint getting on the threads.
Jeep Wrangler JL Shrockworks or Lod Signature 0DC1071E-79D5-4850-848A-AC1CEB1FFB1A

Pic showing where to crowbar to lower skid some. This was taken after installed, not during. No drilling or modifying my jeep was required.

how the sliders are packaged. There was a top piece of that expanding foam not shown.

this is the only other picture I have which might show them better. This was after I installed the driver side. I had moved the Rubicon sliders to that side so I could work on the passenger side.
Thanks. Those look really good. Do they cover the pinch seam well? I might have to cancel my order with Quadratec for the Rusty's Offroad sliders and order these.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Thanks. Those look really good. Do they cover the pinch seam well? I might have to cancel my order with Quadratec for the Rusty's Offroad sliders and order these.
They sit below the pinch seam and mount to the frame. So yeah they protect it well. I don't know RUsty's Offroad products but looking at them, their bracket looks questionable on if it will allow the slider to move upward with a good impact. There is a good amount of leverage for the sliders on how the do their mount; right where the tube meets the bracketry it is a very small rib section to prevent vertical movement. Rusty's looks like a decent product, but I'd suggest LOD or Shrockworks over them.

I've had Shrockworks sliders are a handful of vehicles (TJ, Xterra, JK, JL) over the years and they make a quality product. I haven't hit anything hard with my JL yet, but on my JK I had hit some good stuff and often used them to pivot around rocks and trees/stumps and the most I ever had to do was use some paint for touch up to prevent rust. They had some good dents in them and never bent or allowed/caused damage to my JK. Because of my experiences I will always consider using Shrockworks for my sliders, but in the end I'll buy the brand/model that I think offers best design.