Sponsored

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
At 4:40 he says 4xe’s are sold out for the rest of the year. I ordered ours last week - ugh. If anyone finds out the impact to delivery of recently placed orders, please share with the group.

Sponsored

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
That means all of their builds are allocated. Dealers will still get some if they ordered them for stock. There wont be many though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveTigers

SteveTigers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
I'm with Aldo. I think he was talking about Model Year not calendar year.
That makes sense, and I agree. What I worry about is that an order placed right before the end of production gets delayed for some reason. Hopefully they have outstanding inventory control, and didn’t trust Jimmy doing an eyeball count of the number of batteries left in the stack.

I was going to hold out for a ‘22 but the dealer said Jeep told them it would be late fall before anything would show up. In the end, it’s kinda fun going through the order process. It reminds me of the old days of the internet and slowly waiting for the photos to load line by line. The anticipation of what was coming next was part of the excitement!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FCA would be thrilled to have as strong demand for a plug-in hybrid as there seems to be for 4Xe; it helps them meet their CAFE requirements and avoid paying penalties. With the launch of 392, FCA is going to need all the help it can get meeting its CAFE numbers.

I don’t see FCA holding back on 4Xe production if it can help it.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
If Stellantis is saying that they are sold out, my bet would be that you can not order one at this time. You would need to wait for the 2022 order books to come open.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
It could also mean they are done building 2021 model years. Ordering for 2022 should be starting soon.
This ☝. They phrase things in ways that create hype and will help sales. Model year is almost done and 22s will be produced soon. If they're "sold out" people will be less likely to haggle, might go and buy now when they were on the fence. 2022 model year is only a couple months away.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
While I am thrilled and excited with my 4xe order, I wonder how much of the success is Jeep just blowing the things out with lease specials. I mean, my $60k 4xe is leasing at $20/mo more than my $45k Sport. Some of that is the extra money from the tax credit, but some of that is a hefty discount from Jeep. And if Jeep vastly improves the 4xe over the next 3 years (doubles electric range, etc) the residual value on my Jeep might be a joke with FCA left holding the bag. We’ll see.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
When I was working in automotive, July 4 week was the annual shutdown for model year re-tooling. Don't know what Covid impact is or if that has changed, but I do remember some good times at Jobbie Nooner after changeover was done. I'd say you're looking at a '22 model on future orders.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

There's a pretty big thread of folks waiting for the 2022 Model Year info/updates in the build/order subforum.

The general consensus based on comments/notes from various volume dealers and other sources is that MY 2022 order banks will open ~Sept/Oct, with builds starting 12/6 or 12/7.