Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Actually- here's another fun question @Roky :
I've never had a Jeep with TPMS before.
Say I buy my wheels on eBay, and order my tires from Discount Tire Direct.
How do I get them mounted with TPMS sensors at a tire shop? Do i have to buy another set of those as well if I'm not de-mounting the old ones?

thanks again and sorry to bother.
Hey Scott. I know you weren’t asking me but though I would stick my nose in if you don’t mind. Find your best deal on DT1s and tires and then take that to your local Discount Tire shop. They will price match. Cheapest I found on DT-1s and 37 Nitto RGs at the time I bought was CustomOffsets online. Called local DT shop and they matched over the phone and ordered for me. They transferred my TPMS and mounted/balanced and matched the price. Plus lifetime balance/rotation for free :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hey Scott. I know you weren’t asking me but though I would stick my nose in if you don’t mind. Find your best deal on DT1s and tires and then take that to your local Discount Tire shop. They will price match. Cheapest I found on DT-1s and 37 Nitto RGs at the time I bought was CustomOffsets online. Called local DT shop and they matched over the phone and ordered for me. They transferred my TPMS and mounted/balanced and matched the price. Plus lifetime balance/rotation for free :like:
No worries at all. I value the feedback. Most of my off road career has been spent in TJ's so I havea a good knowledge base, but outside what i've experienced so far and what I read here, I don't have much real world experience.
Sadly, I live in a bit of a wasteland- Upstate NY. There's no Discount Tire shops- just locals, Mavis, and WalMart, and most of them are hit or miss- you're either paying top dollar, or they're going to freak out because it's not OEM size, or it's not a camry or something. There are a couple off road shops I'm going to check with to see what they can get. I know my buddy with Explore Overland can get the DT-1's and will do mount/ balance/ TPMS but he can't get the milestars- would likely be Toyo MT's which are fine, but also a few hundred more at that point, and with new lugs, sensors, etc- costs are starting to balloon pretty quick. We'll have to see.

Black, Gunmetal, or Bronze with your punkin?
I was most interested in gunmetal. I saw a set on eBay for like $1k but I misread the bolt pattern and missed out.

We'll have to see though. I'm currently in the "Yes, I have the money but could I send it any smarter" phase of the process. Still haven't completely ruled out spacers and OEM wheels, either- and then just putting the rest of my build money back into something else (most likely the house fund, at this point).

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
No worries at all. I value the feedback. Most of my off road career has been spent in TJ's so I havea a good knowledge base, but outside what i've experienced so far and what I read here, I don't have much real world experience.
Sadly, I live in a bit of a wasteland- Upstate NY. There's no Discount Tire shops- just locals, Mavis, and WalMart, and most of them are hit or miss- you're either paying top dollar, or they're going to freak out because it's not OEM size, or it's not a camry or something. There are a couple off road shops I'm going to check with to see what they can get. I know my buddy with Explore Overland can get the DT-1's and will do mount/ balance/ TPMS but he can't get the milestars- would likely be Toyo MT's which are fine, but also a few hundred more at that point, and with new lugs, sensors, etc- costs are starting to balloon pretty quick. We'll have to see.

I was most interested in gunmetal. I saw a set on eBay for like $1k but I misread the bolt pattern and missed out.

We'll have to see though. I'm currently in the "Yes, I have the money but could I send it any smarter" phase of the process. Still haven't completely ruled out spacers and OEM wheels, either- and then just putting the rest of my build money back into something else (most likely the house fund, at this point).
Forgot DT not in the Northeast. I know they have representation on here but not sure how well they do with price match and shipping. Good luck with choices and sourcing. I totally get the $$$ start adding up.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot DT not in the Northeast. I know they have representation on here but not sure how well they do with price match and shipping. Good luck with choices and sourcing. I totally get the $$$ start adding up.
I had my 2nd set of tires shipped to my front porch from Discount Tire Direct. They were already the lowest price for a set of 315/70-17 bfgoodrich ko2's, but I'm sure they would've honored the price match regardless.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
So... I finally have all the parts. Prepping for install with research. Talk to me about Steering sensor? do I have to have any adjustment to this? How precise is it? If we start with the steering wheel straight and end with it straight, will it be upset?

For those wondering what I went with, check out my build thread

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I’m not seeing a drag link or any other steering component in the kit. I don’t remember if the stock drag link is adjustable, I’ll check the one I just wrecked at home in a few hours if nobody gets back to you.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I’m not seeing a drag link or any other steering component in the kit. I don’t remember if the stock drag link is adjustable, I’ll check the one I just wrecked at home in a few hours if nobody gets back to you.
No worries. I'm just going over install with my buddy, trying to spot any potential issues before they come up. We don't want to piss off the traction/ stability control, and neither of us have worked extensively on these newer Jeeps before. It may not even be an issue- He just asked about the steering sensor and I have no idea how it works or what the tolerances are; if it's similar to the TJ you should be able to have some adjustment from the stock one.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. I'm just going over install with my buddy, trying to spot any potential issues before they come up. We don't want to piss off the traction/ stability control, and neither of us have worked extensively on these newer Jeeps before. It may not even be an issue- He just asked about the steering sensor and I have no idea how it works or what the tolerances are; if it's similar to the TJ you should be able to have some adjustment from the stock one.
You won’t have any problems, even if you somehow get the steering wheel off and get a code, after you straighten the steering wheel, the code will go away after a few minutes. As long as you don’t adjust toe, you shouldn’t disturb the steering wheel.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL 2.5" lift- What do I need to do? 831679C3-6FD7-4083-911F-3E3EBCC88393

Here’s the one I mangled this morning. Worst case you loosen it to extend it and account for the increased distance from Pitman to the knuckle. That does NOT involve removing it, so much easier.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
so, Back again... Trying to plan an install around everyone's summer plans. Quick question for anyone who has installed this lift themselves, in the driveway with jackstands and air tools: How long did it take? @Roky and @limeade - any insight?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
so, Back again... Trying to plan an install around everyone's summer plans. Quick question for anyone who has installed this lift themselves, in the driveway with jackstands and air tools: How long did it take? @Roky and @limeade - any insight?
Which kit is it exactly, there’s several variations? And what if anything are you adding to it?

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Is it replacing all control arms too?

Correction… looks like the link you sent is front control arms and track bar. Depends on if you have any power tools or just hand tools for doing the work. Took me about 12 hours to do everything for mine and was about all the same components just diff brand.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase