Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
i am a letter carrier. so, what you have experience is what to expect in todays time. (in one way or another) with that, lets break down your concerns, issues, problems.

WTH is going on within the USPS? not really going to to detail with this. today's work force is not what it used to be. new generations dont want to work. therefore dont want to put in the effort.

My local UPSP supervisor tells me that there was a Hold placed. at least they got that info. and passed it over to the carrier.

my regular carrier was on vacation but the subs must've not been holding it. bingo. thats were the problem is. no fault to the reg. carrier being on vac. but the sub should of been on top of it. also the supervisor should of made that aware. however (depending on the size of the office) the supervisor may have a lot on it plate on the daily duties they have to do.

he says that he does have some 'held mail' that is to be delivered today by my regular carrier. Well I have a problem with his answer to me. i hear you. again its a half ass deal that the sub was doing. see the first answer.

when someone had a hold they had something over the address box that the carrier sorted for their route, therefore, no mail would go out. I'm not sure how they do it now but it obviously failed in this instance. this practice is still being done. on our case (work station) there should be a red slide in place of your address. this indicate its a hold. however. the hand sorted mail that is sorted in the morning "should" of been place in a tray with your hold info. but the machined letters may have not been pulled out and therefore it went out to the street and got delivered. if the sub did not see or do the hold protocol. then that where he failed.

Granted, this is the first time I've had this happen in the last decade, but damn! ok, rant over. again todays work force have gone down the shit tube. and thats everywhere. the new gen, workers just dont give a shit. not all of the are crappy. theres still a few that want to work and put in the effort.

fyi, I told dad this weekend and his reply: somebody wasn't doing their job. Ya think, Dad?!?
:CWL::CWL::CWL:
that from one carrier to another carrier. i know its not funny to you. but your dad is "spot on" with that comment.

again, the answers is in general terms.

heres my view as a carrier that cares about the job and gives 110% in delivering to my customers. that loves it when i'm in everyday delivering the mail. yeah on a daily base, i have my way in doing thing and double checking stuff like holds, etc. so, everything is done the way it suppose to be done. now i had customers had the same issue like your. there hold fell in the sometime i'm on vacation. yeah, its a f**king headache. however, when i get back from vacation, i usually have a mess to clean up. also, find out that a hold wasnt held and hear it fro the customer. once i tell them i was on vacation. they understood and didnt blame me for the screw up. but it just shows how thing s are being done. so if you like your carrier, dont blame him. just understand that when he's off. it out of his hands on who is doing the route.
How long does it usually take for forwarded mail to make its new destination? I put in a forwarding request for my MD rental property. No mail has been delivered in MD BUT no mail has made it to NC either.

I'm getting concerned about where that two month's of mail is, especially if they turn off the power while the rental is on the market. (It's almost impossible to reach a human at BGE and paying online isn't an option)

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
@Steveo

My board is 11 15/16” by 25 3/4”:

27BFA08E-C48F-4281-A541-7CF59AFFB65D.jpeg
B19DCF28-338C-4415-B447-0E741FD7096B.jpeg

But then there seems to be some adjustment to the rails:

760A45F6-C786-4289-8866-744C5C212CF5.jpeg

Check for three of these bolts under your bottom rail. Might give you a bit of movement to tighten things up?
Thanks. Already tried adjusting the rail yesterday. It was already as far up as it would go.

I just got a narrow(ish) board I guess.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Just got the reply from Doug@OAP

"Please reply to this email with your full shipping address and we will get a new cutting board on its way to you along with some new items for the Trailgater that we have just made available."

Now THAT'S good customer service!

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Not to be a dweeb, but bamboo is extremely stable. I just had to look it up. I've never worked with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) LoydWhyYaGoingToTheAirport
That blows my theory out of the water!

FLDiver

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella JLS, 2021 Granite JLR
Thanks. Already tried adjusting the rail yesterday. It was already as far up as it would go.

I just got a narrow(ish) board I guess.
Maybe a strip of felt in the channel would work. I just ordered the same table, so I'm already thinking about a solution.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
Maybe a strip of felt in the channel would work. I just ordered the same table, so I'm already thinking about a solution.
That's not a bad idea for reducing froading noise (especially on the botton rail), actually, but I gots a new board coming from the proprietor.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Just got the reply from Doug@OAP

"Please reply to this email with your full shipping address and we will get a new cutting board on its way to you along with some new items for the Trailgater that we have just made available."

Now THAT'S good customer service!
Nice!:like:

Also: report back what the "new items" turn out to be.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I just stuck my board back into the table. I'll drive around with it again to see what noise I get.

Some felt at either end may be in order.
Sponsored