Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Si por favor! Snap a photo or two! Gracias.
So yeah, there is about that much play in mine as well. I can tell you that it doesn't rattle, just make sure your board is centered side to side before trying to shut it. You'll see what I mean first time you don't, lol. Also, the plastic clip things you I stall, make sure they are centered in the holes you clip them into AND before you tighten everything up make sure it's to the right enough for your liking where the tailgate bumps out. I have a small gap cuz nobody forewarned me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_20210706_190746_786
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210512_161228
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210512_161209
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
So yeah, there is about that much play in mine as well. I can tell you that it doesn't rattle, just make sure your board is centered side to side before trying to shut it. You'll see what I mean first time you don't, lol. Also, the plastic clip things you I stall, make sure they are centered in the holes you clip them into AND before you tighten everything up make sure it's to the right enough for your liking where the tailgate bumps out. I have a small gap cuz nobody forewarned me.
IMG_20210706_190746_786.jpg
20210512_161228.jpg
20210512_161209.jpg
Thanks for the info and tip. I'm watching some YT videos of others installing it and it seems like some people get better fitting boards. I'm a little disappointed it's so sloppy. I mean, when it's extended I can move it back and forth by 10+ degrees

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info and tip. I'm watching some YT videos of others installing it and it seems like some people get better fitting boards. I'm a little disappointed it's so sloppy. I mean, when it's extended I can move it back and forth by 10+ degrees
Ok...I seriously doubt you aren't used to things being that sloppy...hahaha

Can you tweak the rails a little to close the gap? They probably engineered the slop into the design so the board doesn't get stuck in the rails and to allow you to not have to fight to get it in or out.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Well, I guess that's one plus for the versatable, that cutting board doesn't budge, in fact I cant figure out how to remove it lol.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Well, I guess that's one plus for the versatable, that cutting board doesn't budge, in fact I cant figure out how to remove it lol.
I've got a call in to Doug the proprietor. We'll see what he says.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I bet the Ambassador could make a better fitting one!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I think I should have gotten rid of my riding gear. Temptation comes and goes, but in the back of my mind I'm still thinking about it. Just a different experience in the Jeep.
Helmets rot, at least get rid of that. You'd have to get a new one anyway.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm thinking these bamboo boards are the only part of this that are made in Asia, and perhaps they have to deal with shitty tolerances due to that.
FWIW, my board doesn't move side to side once it's closed. That said, I could use a genuine GFY branded board from the Ambassadors' House of Cutting Boards.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
FWIW, my board doesn't move side to side once it's closed. That said, I could use a genuine GFY branded board from the Ambassadors' House of Cutting Boards.
Do me a favor and measure the dimensions of your board. W x L.

As I said, their web site says it should be 25.8" x 12". Mine measures 25.75" (acceptable) x 11.75" (unacceptable)