Sponsored

392 possible at/below msrp? Which dealers?

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
I know this is a stretch but with the market these days, is it still possible to get a 392 at msrp or better yet, at invoice with special orders. Willing to buy out if state if needed. I would appreciate if anyone can post dealers who are willing to deal at/below msrp. Thanks.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
There are many dealers that were ones that give the 6/7/8% under invoice that will do below MSRP on these, though not far below.

Kevin1269

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 canyon
#1 cochran jeep natrona heights, pa talk to Kurt Meixner 412-245-4551. I got my 392 from them at msrp and they honored my affiliate rewards so i got it even lower then msrp took just under 4 months for my jeep to come in and kurt called me every friday along the process to give me updates and was always there when my impatience couldnt wait till friday to get an update.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
beware- many (including myself) have had their 392 orders cancelled as of late that were not in D. Two dealers now and many n the board confirming that if you order a rubicon it HAS to have the Extreme Recon Package.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahaha let the car dealership games, begin! šŸ˜†

That would infuriate me, sorry to hear that about your order, I just found it funny they said it has to have the xtreme recon package now haha
I would find it suspect if it hadn't been confirmed by a bunch of dealers. Sounds like jeep just wants the highest margin vehicles our the door first in the land of supply chain issues.

Sponsored

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Iā€™ve got my order in, but itā€™s already got a VIn assigned and itā€™s in D, so I donā€™t have to worry about anything, I hope

I hadnā€™t heard about any canceled orders, mine was good as of a week ago.

Hoping to have it sooner rather than later, so hope this isnā€™t going to push me into the end of the year for delivery.
John

beware- many (including myself) have had their 392 orders cancelled as of late that were not in D. Two dealers now and many n the board confirming that if you order a rubicon it HAS to have the Extreme Recon Package.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Kent Shurtleff at Petersonā€™s in Nampa Idaho sold a 392 to me for over $6k off msrp. I have a vin and Iā€™m in D status.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kent Shurtleff at Petersonā€™s in Nampa Idaho sold a 392 to me for over $6k off msrp. I have a vin and Iā€™m in D status.
Still hoping others chime in on this topic- but I was sold order- but pre-Vin and not yet in D

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Yep. I bought mine from him as well.
Peterson's in Nampa and another dealer located in Maryland, don't recall the name atm, are the only 2 dealers in CONUS who will sell 392's all day longer under MSRP. Both dealers get unlimited orders and can arrange home delivery.

MORubi

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red JLUR, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Construction
Yep. I bought mine from him as well.
Peterson's in Nampa and another dealer located in Maryland, don't recall the name atm, are the only 2 dealers in CONUS who will sell 392's all day longer under MSRP. Both dealers get unlimited orders and can arrange home delivery.
Funny you say home delivery. I had my last JL delivered from Kent all the way to Kansas City. May go that route again when this one gets in.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Funny you say home delivery. I had my last JL delivered from Kent all the way to Kansas City. May go that route again when this one gets in.
If you can take the time off then do the drive. All the cool state parks are along the way back to your home and you get to break in the motor so once you're home you can stand on it.

starsfan69

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy trailblazer , Silverado
If you can take the time off then do the drive. All the cool state parks are along the way back to your home and you get to break in the motor so once you're home you can stand on it.

agreed on the drive back.. Amanda and I flew to get our Jeep from Kent and drove it back to Dallas. went us 6 thru Utah to us 50 in Colorado. beautiful drive. that said we learned that the jeep has no power to climb hills. we towed nothing only had 1 small carry-on in the back and it one several of the hills on us 50 in Colorado we had to down shift to 3rd to get up the thing.

We love our jeep. we are getting 1-2 mpg ABOVE sticker mpg. we have a 6 speed manul and i have been driving sticks all my life so not sure if that is the case.

My side of the family lives in KC and i lived there (Raytown) for almost 10 years. we are heading back in October our April of 22 depending on my work schedule. Kent is the best anyone needing a new ride i tell them to get with him about a new Jeep.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
agreed on the drive back.. Amanda and I flew to get our Jeep from Kent and drove it back to Dallas. went us 6 thru Utah to us 50 in Colorado. beautiful drive. that said we learned that the jeep has no power to climb hills. we towed nothing only had 1 small carry-on in the back and it one several of the hills on us 50 in Colorado we had to down shift to 3rd to get up the thing.

We love our jeep. we are getting 1-2 mpg ABOVE sticker mpg. we have a 6 speed manul and i have been driving sticks all my life so not sure if that is the case.

My side of the family lives in KC and i lived there (Raytown) for almost 10 years. we are heading back in October our April of 22 depending on my work schedule. Kent is the best anyone needing a new ride i tell them to get with him about a new Jeep.
I wonder if it is because of the manual. I tow close to 4K lbs of a SXS, trailer, and gear all the time and cruise at 80mph here and it's very hilly at higher elevations. 3.6 JLUR auto. I am hoping the inbound 392 improves mileage for me. Definitely getting below sticker MPG all day. I bet you manipulate that with the manual which is great.

Kent is a cool dude indeed.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I wonder if it is because of the manual. I tow close to 4K lbs of a SXS, trailer, and gear all the time and cruise at 80mph here and it's very hilly at higher elevations. 3.6 JLUR auto. I am hoping the inbound 392 improves mileage for me. Definitely getting below sticker MPG all day. I bet you manipulate that with the manual which is great.

Kent is a cool dude indeed.
+1 on Kent

392 will not improve your mileage. A v8 towing through hills, even if it has more power and is more efficient in doing so, is still likely to consume more fuel. It might be close, not sure. I'd wager single digits though. The 6.4 is thirsty.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
+1 on Kent

392 will not improve your mileage. A v8 towing through hills, even if it has more power and is more efficient in doing so, is still likely to consume more fuel. It might be close, not sure. I'd wager single digits though. The 6.4 is thirsty.
We will see. I get 10 right now and my foot is heavy.
Sponsored