Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Does it make sense to get a new black wrangler ceramic coated??
Why not? It’s your vehicle, what we say on here doesn’t matter.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Its honestly your judgement and not something someone else can make for you. Ceramic coatings are great and preventing scratches from daily driving and washes and some other more aggressive abrasions. However, it will still scratch from getting trail stripes and such
I have a DIY one on mine just because I had some left over from a previous car.

Keep in mind the coating requires more special maintenance to get the best performance out of the coating

Medicaptain

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Plat....looking for a JL
All the way....GTechniq Crystal Serum Light with 2 coats of GTechniq EXO has been my go to for a couple years now. However.....depending on the type of driving/trails etc you are doing....I would also consider PPF the front half or entire vehicle with a ceramic topper

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
Yes! Putting NV EVO in my 4xe this weekend!

Sponsored

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
I had our Rubicon 3.0 vinyl wrapped the front and ceramic coated the whole jeep as soon as I picked it up from dealer. The freeways in Houston are notorious for rock chips. These jeeps cost too much to not take care of....IMO

IMG_6239.jpg

IMG_6226.jpg

605895607.jpg

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
What difference does it make that it's a 4Xe? The paint is the same.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I had our Rubicon 3.0 vinyl wrapped the front and ceramic coated the whole jeep as soon as I picked it up from dealer. The freeways in Houston are notorious for rock chips. These jeeps cost too much to not take care of....IMO

Jeep Wrangler JL Ceramic Coating on a new Jeep 4xe 605895607

Looks great and I understand why ppf might be a great idea. It just depends on how you plan to use your Jeep. Not sure ceramic coating is a great idea if pin stripping while off-roading is a concern. Such coatings make clean up easier but paint repair is more difficult…

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
I agree with everyone here. New paint is the closest thing to perfect as you are gonna get without having it professionally done. If you are DIYing it, i would make sure you in include a iron remover as part of your pretreatment. If your jeep arrives by rail it is likely to be lightly covered in iron dust.

IMO, the first thing i would do is get mud flaps and/or door hinge protection. Less than 100 mi on my new JLUR and i already have two noticable gouges on my rear hinges (and it has never seen a rock road). A ceramic coat would have not stopped that from happening.

Can make your own hinge covers with 3M paint protection or order pre fabs from 3R racing.

As for mudflaps there are lots of options out there from cheap plastic ones on quadratec, to really durable ones like RokBlokz. What ever you order, order them now before the jeep gets here and install them as soon as possible.

Sponsored

Jeep1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had my Jeep professionally done when purchased new, ceramic coating is a game changer for me. After a road trip, washing the bugs and dirt off is a breeze, cuts my hand washing time in half now. Everything just slides right off.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Honestly. After you have one vehicle ceramic coated not sure you can live without it. I do put more emphasis on Xpel as that actually protects the paint. So both go hand in hand. Shoot for Gtechniq products. I did Ultra and Exo x's 2 with Xpel on high impact areas and car 3yrs later still looks better then when picked up at Dealer. As a bonus takes me about 20mins to clean her. ONR and wipe.
20210615_140840.jpg

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Yes. I am a professional detailer, please ask any questions you like. Are you doing it yourself? If you are looking for someone near you for a pro only coating i can help you
What are your thoughts on ceramic window tint for heat abatement? Prepping the jeep for some long haul drives and camping (inside the jeep).

I think the A/C is plenty strong, but rear passengers complain when it is above 90°F. I even got a white jeep on purpose, to mitigate the heat.

Is ceramic window tint similar in appljcation to the old style window tints? Poking a tiny hole with a hot needle in the little bubbles in a self-tint all those years ago was some sort of fun, but I'd rather not do it again.

OP
OP

Sm284

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Yes. I am a professional detailer, please ask any questions you like. Are you doing it yourself? If you are looking for someone near you for a pro only coating i can help you
Having it done for me in MA/RI border
Sponsored