Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
ok you US mail people in here, WTH is going on within the USPS? I put a HOLD on my mail while I was away. I received the confirmation email the day I submitted it. I received an email Monday that my Hold was ending and starting back up today. However, the entire time I was gone mail had been gathering in my mail box. My local UPSP supervisor tells me that there was a Hold placed and my regular carrier was on vacation but the subs must've not been holding it. And he says that he does have some 'held mail' that is to be delivered today by my regular carrier. Well I have a problem with his answer to me. I get an email showing me each day what is in my delivery for the day, and all the pieces that show in all those emails have all been delivered. Back when my parents worked for the USPS (dad a carrier, mom a clerk/supervisor), when someone had a hold they had something over the address box that the carrier sorted for their route, therefore, no mail would go out. I'm not sure how they do it now but it obviously failed in this instance. Granted, this is the first time I've had this happen in the last decade, but damn! ok, rant over.
fyi, I told dad this weekend and his reply: somebody wasn't doing their job. Ya think, Dad?!?
@cosine is taking complaints for the USPS. PM him. :giggle:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta love those moderators... A fight in the a 4Xe thread was really getting interesting. It has since been locked down and certain posts deleted.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I actually liked that concept. But Jalopnik does like to poke fun at everything it can.
I think they make some good points. In the full electric world range is king, having a bunch of unnecessary drivetrain components is waste of range. I think Jeep needs to get out of their lazy habit of "just shove another motor in it". It'll be interesting to see what the final product ends up as.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think they make some good points. In the full electric world range is king, having a bunch of unnecessary drivetrain components is waste of range. I think Jeep needs to get out of their lazy habit of "just shove another motor in it". It'll be interesting to see what the final product ends up as.
Yeah, I took that concept as just a thing to keep peoples interest while something better is actually developed.

Part of me really wishes the Hummer EV wasn't going to be so expensive. I would drive that regularly!

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Yeah, I took that concept as just a thing to keep peoples interest while something better is actually developed.

Part of me really wishes the Hummer EV wasn't going to be so expensive. I would drive that regularly!
I'm not much of an EV guy, living rural makes that an easy decision, but that one looks very badass!