FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I agree, the entire housing is a "unit". If the signal blinks, I'd look elsewhere. Are you able to turn BSM off in a vehicle setting?
That’s a good question. Something else I’ll have to look into. I did not get the BSM error once I reconnected everything. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything.
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Swap the rear tail lights. Let them hang or tape them to the body and see if the error message switchs to the other side.

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Update: On the way to work this morning, the Right Rear Turn Signal Light Out error is no longer indicating every time I use the break. BSM is working normally, I used a couple of semi's on I-95 to help me test that. At home the light sputtered once. At work I checked right and it worked, and no abnormal indicator from the cab. Flashers worked fine also. I didn't see any cracks in the light when I inspected it but I have a feeling it's a water intrusion issue, maybe it was shorting?

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I didn't see any cracks in the light when I inspected it but I have a feeling it's a water intrusion issue, maybe it was shorting?
I tend to agree. Seems like the lamp assembly is not properly sealed. If that is the case, the lamp assembly will need to be replaced.

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I tend to agree. Seems like the lamp assembly is not properly sealed. If that is the case, the lamp assembly will need to be replaced.
I am inclined to agree at this point. Sucks because I am not coming out of pocket for a replacement just to avoid the dealer, but I don't want to take it to the dealer. haha

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I am inclined to agree at this point. Sucks because I am not coming out of pocket for a replacement just to avoid the dealer, but I don't want to take it to the dealer. haha
Since working, I would just keep an eye on it. It may have healed itself with the battery reset (gremlins)

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
They're "only" 352.00 at Quadratech. Ouch.

G.

jwms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I hate cliffhanger topic starters. Just say what the problem is because clearly you can't go back and search for a topic when it's "check this out." Stop with the dramatic clickbait crap. It's like reading posts from this churn site

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Weirdly enough after having put my doors back on my ESS no longer works, doors off no issues. Maybe put them back on and see if it works! Ha

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
You said you have LED tails yet the pics on your link shows standard halogen. Are these not your tail lights?

Jeep Wrangler JL Took the doors off then this happened 1625614236556

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
IMHO, always take to the dealer when problem is actively occurring. Then they can't pull the "Unable to duplicate" B.S....If still under warranty that is.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
IMHO, always take to the dealer when problem is actively occurring. Then they can't pull the "Unable to duplicate" B.S....If still under warranty that is.
Good advice, I had a brand new 2010 CR-V that had an intermittent airbag light. It would go on every time I drove it except when I tried to drive to the dealer. Basically "no light, no service". One time I was at the beach it went on, and I drove it immediately ~20 miles to the dealer left it idling and waited for a service advisor to come out. He noted the light, and shut the vehicle off. When they started it there was no service airbag light, he tried to diagnose it as "Could not Reproduce". Luckily he told me that over the phone after I got home otherwise I'd have probably had the police called on me. I didn't pick it up for a week, and they finally diagnosed it as a open in the clockspring circuit (reel of wire behind the steering wheel). They replaced it and the light never came back on.

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
No doubt good advice. I have been documenting with video the whole time just in case the gremlin wants to hide when I get there.
Sponsored