Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
But hey, quick (serious) question: Do they have pizza in your world? Cuz if they don't, I don't wanna live there. Otherwise, it sounds nice.
As a Jersey-UT transplant, UT is an absolutely pizza challenged region. UT does have pizza. If you look you can find passable pizza but not good pizza. The California influence is strong so most places try to get too fancy and creative for their own good.

Also FYI, Yelp is useless in UT. Only places with large portions of mediocre food gets 5 stars. Good food gets 3 stars, mixed in with mediocre places with regular portions of mediocre food. There is good food in UT but you need to find people who know what good food is (i.e. transplants) to zero in on the good places. Utahns are absolutely unreliable in this regard.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
As a Jersey-UT transplant, UT is an absolutely pizza challenged region.
I can imagine lol I honestly don't know what I would do without good pizza in my life.

Actually, they haven't been producing more. The factory is closed again for 2 weeks due to undisclosed supply line shortages.
Well, there you have it. There are 800 broncos in the wild. And last I checked, 800 isn't enough to be considered real. So you guys win - the bronco is still not real. Numbers don't lie.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I can imagine lol I honestly don't know what I would do without good pizza in my life.
I moved from CT to outside Chicago. Traveling is painful whenever I go somewhere else and they drag me to “the best pizza place in town”…ugh. No, just no.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I moved from CT to outside Chicago. Traveling is painful whenever I go somewhere else and they drag me to “the best pizza place in town”…ugh. No, just no.
But Chicago isn't bad. Chicago pizza is a very different animal, but it's not bad.

UT is on a completely different scale. This is the garlic bread proudly displayed on the menu of the place consistently voted "Utah's Best Pizza". I cannot sympathize with your plight.
Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 1625583959451

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
No I meant I have great pizza in Chicago, had great pizza in CT, so anywhere else I go it’s guaranteed trash.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Chicago “pizza” is actually excellent if you think of it as quiche, soufflé, or even a meat-and-cheese pie.

I’d hate to find out how many calories is in one of those things, though. Probably enough to power the entire Midwest for a long weekend 😫

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I entered my second Jeep lease with the idea that in 3 years the real off-road land scape will look different; we’ll have the Bronco widely available without markups, the new 4Runner, and probably a freshened Wrangler. But as a guy whose Jeep lease is ending this summer, I.e. needs a new vehicle*, another Wrangler was the way to go for now.

*I could buy my Jeep out but where’s the fun in that??
The used JL market is still higher than normal. You can probably sell your current JL for more than what you originally agreed to lease for. You can lease or buy a brand new one for 6%-8% under invoice now. Sell your JL now for more positive equity and roll that money into your new one.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
The used JL market is still higher than normal. You can probably sell your current JL for more than what you originally agreed to lease for. You can lease or buy a brand new one for 6%-8% under invoice now. Sell your JL now for more positive equity and roll that money into your new one.
Long story but a family member is buying out my Jeep lease. He decided to do this before prices went nuts and my wife (her family member) won’t let me back out. It’s costing me ~$5k but nothing I can do 🤬🤬🤬

I did get my new one for 9% under MSRP so there is that.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You ever try Piece Pizza in Chicago? It's owned in part by Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen. It is New Haven style pizza. They even have clams as a ingredient. I think it is excellent. My favorite non-Chicago style pizza.

Vito and Nick is my favorite Chicago Tavern style pizza.

Coal Fire and Spacca Napoli and couple of others are good pizzas also, though not Chicago style.

Lou Malnati's and Pizzano's are solid deep dish.

Latest pizza trend seems to be thick Detroit Style pizza.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Long story but a family member is buying out my Jeep lease. He decided to do this before prices went nuts and my wife (her family member) won’t let me back out. It’s costing me ~$5k but nothing I can do 🤬🤬🤬

I did get my new one for 9% under MSRP so there is that.
As the old saying goes...Happy Wife=Happy Life!

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What people in Chicago eat:

Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 240588F5-22B1-4CEB-B0AE-670F9B3F5E0D
What are you complaining about? I don't see any ranch dressing on it, or peanut sauce, or carrots, or sesame seeds, or BBQ sauce, or pineapple, or bland "gyro meat" (probably spam)....

I'd gladly take what you've got, my "bad pizza" scale dips far lower.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
What people in Chicago eat:

Jeep Wrangler JL Why Tommy from TFL bought a Wrangler instead of a Bronco (or 4Runner) 240588F5-22B1-4CEB-B0AE-670F9B3F5E0D

What people think we eat:

So, the difference being that in real Chicago pizza, the cheese goes on top of the sauce, instead of the sauce on top of the cheese...?

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, there you have it. There are 800 broncos in the wild. And last I checked, 800 isn't enough to be considered real. So you guys win - the bronco is still not real. Numbers don't lie.
I never said not real. Just that production was halted again. They seem to be having issues churning them out.

800 is about a days worth of production for Jeep Wranglers. Ford needs to step it up. If they cant do that, then stop taking orders temporarily or raise the price to where the market demand drops if they can't keep up.

I'll say this, they created one hell of a hype machine and have some dedicated folks buying them.

I'm a grab it off the lot type. Spur of the moment buyer. I've never had an issue finding the options I want. I keep them for a long time. Waiting months for a vehicle would steer me away. I wouldnt consider any vehile thats not readily available on the lots.

I gave up on waiting on the Bronco over 2 years ago. No regrets. When I need/want a new vehicle, they should be pleniful and I'll look at them. 4 out of 5 vehicles in my driveway are Fords and my JLUR is my first non Ford since the mid 90s
Sponsored