Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
as much as they offroad on TFL, in CO of all places, i would have thought he would have bought a rubicon to get the lockers and transfer case, etc... maybe he's planning on adding those mods himself. or, maybe he feels the willys can handle what he does in stock form. im surprised he didnt touch on that in his video. of course cost is a factor as well.

I have never seen those guys doing any serious offroading on their own vehicles. Other than when Jeep invited them for the Rubicon, the trails that they have filmed on in CO can be traversed by any subaru.
Sponsored

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Tommy often praises the pentastar, even when his dad is going gaga over the v8, and has said he'd pick it if he were buying. So he wasn't bs'ing on that.
He has expressed many times that he likes simple, tried-and-true, old-school things. He ogled over a beat up 1970s Subaru and derided a brand-new Crosstrek; he preferred the simplicity and “affordability” of the $55,000 Defender 4-cyl with steel wheels over the fancy $80,000 turbo six.

I think that preference is playing out here in his choice of a tried-and-true Wrangler over a flashier, unproven —and yet unavailable— Bronco. Even his choice of a Willys reveals his appreciation for good value.

I, on the other hand, spend way too much money on vehicles... 😫
I felt Tommy's choice for the 3.6 manual made total sense. He is vocal about his preferences for manuals, vintage, proven reliability, etc. He has a flavor for the past to an extent. Not to mention that Tommy has been pretty impressed with the Willys since it was announced. He did the feature video on it. He compared the Bronco Black Diamond to the Willys trim. I think he's been eyeing this and shopping the options for awhile. Given the timing, I think he was waiting to test drive the Bronco and see if he thought it would wow him enough to wait. No shock to me that his order period was likely within a couple weeks of the press days at the Bronco Off-roadeo.

The TFL guys generally seem to be pretty consistent in their choices. Roman loves all the new tech. Tommy loves the nostalgia. Andre will always prefer the most heavy duty truck. They have their preferences, and I think the mix of their favorites help to keep TFL fun.

On this Bronco delivery time stuff, I think it's a factor for buyers, but anyone seriously considering one should talk to a dealer for time-frames. I see the Bronco Sport all the time now. But I haven't seen the big Bronco around DFW yet, not even on display at a dealer. But I also haven't seen a 392 yet, and I saw a Lambo today. So I know that having seen one myself isn't the best guage of availability. I do look forward to finally seeing them on the road. I personally love the look of them.

It's social media everyone wants. The phones are just a means to the end, a tool. The cell phones are needed for all the social media millenials crave.
It's not just millenials. Remember, this forum is technically a social media site. We're all guilty of it. 🙃

DUNE RAP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 2DR RUBICON
Because it has a Dana 44 solid front axle. And the Bronco and Toyota are both IFS SUV like car suspension. Again the only solid axle SUV on the market is killing it in sales.
I AFREE! NO IFS FOR ME!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I found it strange that he actually decided to buy a personal vehicle. They have so many long term vehicles through the company and loaners from manufacturers.
Long term in their case usually means 12 months.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
lol do you ever get sick of your exaggerations?

People literally driving around in Broncos, taking deliveries, and this guy is still like "they're years away."
In the past 6 days in telluride and moab I've seen 0 broncos, 2 Bronco sports, and literally thousands of jeeps. Maybe it's called a sasquatch package because it only exists on film, some blurry photos in the wild, and hearsay?

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
In the past 6 days in telluride and moab I've seen 0 broncos, 2 Bronco sports, and literally thousands of jeeps. Maybe it's called a sasquatch package because it only exists on film, some blurry photos in the wild, and hearsay?
0 broncos at Moab? There must be zero broncos everywhere. That logic is sound.

But hey, quick (serious) question: Do they have pizza in your world? Cuz if they don't, I don't wanna live there. Otherwise, it sounds nice.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Full Disclosure: I have a Bronco on order. However, I was one of the first ones to come to Tommy's defense on the Bronco6G Forum. That forum has some great members but just like any new car launch... it gets flooded with idiots who are jumping on the bandwagon. I have been a member of this forum long enough to see the similarities. The same thing happened here back in 2017 as the JL release neared.

To further clear the air on the Bronco delivery window... full production starts up August 2nd. You will see some vehicles being delivered to customers before then but full speed at the plant doesnt happen for another month. Until then real life Bronco sightings will be few and far in between.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
0 broncos at Moab? There must be zero broncos everywhere. That logic is sound.

But hey, quick (serious) question: Do they have pizza in your world? Cuz if they don't, I don't wanna live there. Otherwise, it sounds nice.
Have you, or anyone else not at a Ford event, seen one on a trail? If you ordered one today would you get it within 18 months? 125,000 orders and they've delivered ~800. Sure you could over pay for one of the very few early dealer orders, but you act like they are readily available and that is in fact years away. You are clearly a fan, why don't we see yours yet? Sure they will be available one day, but until the 125,000 orders already placed are filled, don't kid yourself. A new order placed today is in fact years away.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
You are clearly a fan, why don't we see yours yet?
lol uhm... I have exactly zero plans to ever get a bronco.

Hey, I'll level with you. Your logic is solid. They did 800 broncos in June. We're about a week into July and there's no way they've been producing more this entire time. Also, I was on some state highways yesterday and didn't see a single Corolla....

You're onto something, my friend. This might go to the highest levels.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Full Disclosure: I have a Bronco on order. However, I was one of the first ones to come to Tommy's defense on the Bronco6G Forum. That forum has some great members but just like any new car launch... it gets flooded with idiots who are jumping on the bandwagon. I have been a member of this forum long enough to see the similarities. The same thing happened here back in 2017 as the JL release neared.

To further clear the air on the Bronco delivery window... full production starts up August 2nd. You will see some vehicles being delivered to customers before then but full speed at the plant doesnt happen for another month. Until then real life Bronco sightings will be few and far in between.
That is of course, provided no more delays are announced.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
lol uhm... I have exactly zero plans to ever get a bronco.

Hey, I'll level with you. Your logic is solid. They did 800 broncos in June. We're about a week into July and there's no way they've been producing more this entire time. Also, I was on some state highways yesterday and didn't see a single Corolla....

You're onto something, my friend. This might go to the highest levels.
Actually, they haven't been producing more. The factory is closed again for 2 weeks due to undisclosed supply line shortages.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...y-to-shut-for-two-weeks-due-to-parts-shortage

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
I'm on the fence as to Wrangler or Bronco. I have a reservation to order a Bronco, but I want to see/touch one before I order. I'm completely fine waiting and dealer I talked to said early next year would when I'd take delivery. That said, I love my wife's JLU and would like a 2 door Willys. Decisions, decisions....

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I entered my second Jeep lease with the idea that in 3 years the real off-road land scape will look different; we’ll have the Bronco widely available without markups, the new 4Runner, and probably a freshened Wrangler. But as a guy whose Jeep lease is ending this summer, I.e. needs a new vehicle*, another Wrangler was the way to go for now.

*I could buy my Jeep out but where’s the fun in that??
Sponsored