First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hello, I’ll be towing a small Turtleback Getaway trailer on my camping trips. I was going to buy this winch for my 392. I’m not sure it will be enough to pull the Jeep and the trailer out of a sticky situation. The dry weight of the 392 is 5,103lbs and loaded weight of the Turtleback is around 2,800lbs bringing the total possible weight to 7,903lbs. Should I just go for the Warn Zeon 10s to play it safe or am I off entirely with either premise?

Finally, for the factory steel bumper, is all that need this and this to install the winch?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Hello, I’ll be towing a small Turtleback Getaway trailer on my camping trips. I was going to buy this winch for my 392. I’m not sure it will be enough to pull the Jeep and the trailer out of a sticky situation. The dry weight of the 392 is 5,103lbs and loaded weight of the Turtleback is around 2,800lbs bringing the total possible weight to 7,903lbs. Should I just go for the Warn Zeon 10s to play it safe or am I off entirely with either premise?

Finally, for the factory steel bumper, is all that need this and this to install the winch?
You should def go with the 10k winch or 12k … also you will need a winch plate such as https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gr...r-JT-Steel-Bumper-Winch-Plate_p_72.html?amp=1

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
The general rule of thumb is 1.5x the weight of the vehicle. If I was going to which yourself and a trailer out of a situation, I’d feel more comfortable with a 12k.
Perfect. The chances of me using the winch off roading with the trailer is higher than without it.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking out. And then for the Zeon 12 it would be just shop around and find the best deal as well I’m assuming.
Warn controls the pricing on their winches. So you shouldn't find a "better" deal at one place vs. the other. Warn has a few sales per year, but they prohibit discounts (via coupon codes, etc.). Best to find someplace which has free shipping though.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Warn controls the pricing on their winches. So you shouldn't find a "better" deal at one place vs. the other. Warn has a few sales per year, but they prohibit discounts (via coupon codes, etc.). Best to find someplace which has free shipping though.
Beautiful good to know! I’ll be purchasing today.

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Sorry I fixed one of the links. This mounting kit. So just go 12 because why not?
Yes this mounting kit would work for you, but you 100% can find cheaper and better made mounts like the link I sent or Warn’s Mount, I also I like Maximus -3’s Mount and filler plates. 12k would be the safest bet, and I see you want the Zeon, but if you don’t plan on using it all the time maybe take a look at the Warn VR Evo series 12-S..?

Edit: I got the Warn VR Evo 10-S from Amazon for a great deal and it works amazing, and I got the Grimm Off-road winch plate with the Maximus filler plates to hide the small gap u get when adding a winch plate mount

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Yes this mounting kit would work for you, but you 100% can find cheaper and better made mounts like the link I sent or Warn’s Mount, I also I like Maximus -3’s Mount and filler plates. 12k would be the safest bet, and I see you want the Zeon, but if you don’t plan on using it all the time maybe take a look at the Warn VR Evo series 12-S..?

Edit: I got the Warn VR Evo 10-S from Amazon for a great deal and it works amazing, and I got the Grimm Off-road winch plate with the Maximus filler plates to hide the small gap u get when adding a winch plate mount
Sweet I’ll look into this option instead. I haven’t ordered it yet.

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I got the 12S Platinum on sale at Northridge for $1898 plus tax. List IS 2109. A better deal would be through River City Offroad with the 10% forum discount, no tax to CA and free shipping.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner