Sponsored

Took the doors off then this happened

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I’m definitely going to try that. I was just looking at the signal a little closer and there is some condensation on the inside of the cover. I wonder I that has anything to do with it.
You could plug the factory front door headers back in to see if it solves the problem? It would help you rule out condensation.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m definitely going to try that. I was just looking at the signal a little closer and there is some condensation on the inside of the cover. I wonder I that has anything to do with it.
That’s interesting. Do you have a crack? Of course with the humidity in FL that could happen without a crack. Just kidding :)

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
You could plug the factory front door headers back in to see if it solves the problem? It would help you rule out condensation.
I put the factory doors back on already and cycled the Jeep 4 times. No dice

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put the factory doors back on already and cycled the Jeep 4 times. No dice
JEEP = Just Enjoy Electrical Problems?

I would say involve JeepCares, but they'd tell you to take it to a dealer. Which isn't really constructive advice as that is the "easiest" and least convenient option.

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’m going to try disconnecting the battery when it stops raining then see what happens. Maybe some electrical gurus will find this thread by then.

Sponsored

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
the bulb may have a bad connection in it, filament
I should have never taken my doors off :headbang:
no, no, no... doors off is a must. That's a big reason many people own a Jeep. I would try changing the bulb. Could have a bad filament that makes contact sometimes, and sometimes not. The flash speed is designed to indicate a bulb is out. Check the front as well. i have a suspicion that changing the bulb might resolve this

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
If the bulb doesnt take care of it, check the plug for the rear tail light. Disconnect it and check all of the pins and check the plug for corrosion. This absolutely has something to do with that rear tail light bulb, socket, or harness. Let us know what you find out

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
the bulb may have a bad connection in it, filament

no, no, no... doors off is a must. it a big reason many people own a Jeep. I would try changing the bulb. Could have a bad filament that makes contact sometimes, and sometimes not. The flash speed is designed to indicate a bulb is out. Check the front as well. i have a suspicion that changing the bulb might resolve this
I do love the doors off. I just seems so strange that the doors come off and the electrical issue begins. So unfortunately, the doors are going to get the brunt of the blame. Haha.

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
If the bulb doesnt take care of it, check the plug for the rear tail light. Disconnect it and check all of the pins and check the plug for corrosion. This absolutely has something to do with that rear tail light bulb, socket, or harness. Let us know what you find out
I will, thanks for the suggestions!

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Pulled the tail light took off the plastic housing. Can’t seem to get to a bulb for the LED light and there don’t seem to be any videos on you tube about people replacing them.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you look up inside the front door connector for bent pins that are touching?

OP
OP
FLjeeper

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I will do that next. Disconnected the battery. When I reconnected everything it all worked for a minute drove around the block now it’s doing the same thing again. I will definitely check the door pins and figure out how to change an LED bulb.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have the LED package?

If so, I don't think you can just change out the bulb. It's an integrated unit.
I agree, the entire housing is a "unit". If the signal blinks, I'd look elsewhere. Are you able to turn BSM off in a vehicle setting?
Sponsored