Let's see those 2-Door JL pics!

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I note the Jeep in your avatar is a different colour to the one in the picture. Is it due to different light?
Good catch! The picture in my avatar is the '20 JL Sport I sold a couple months ago. The dealer offered me $3250 more than I paid for it new, so I rolled that into a '21 JLR at 6% under invoice. I do miss the Bikini Pearl, but the Hydro Blue is very sweet too.

Sponsored

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
You have great taste my friend! Who makes your front bumper? Any air flow issues to the radiator? How tight is the winch to the grill? Asking for a friend 😀!
Thanks!

Bumper is the LOD Destroyer shorty, with the front skid. I love it so far! No issues with air flow. After a few years of overheating issues in my JK, I keep a fairly close watch on my temperature and saw no significant change after this install on the JL.

Winch fit is good. I've got plenty of space behind it and the grill. I know for some bumpers, it's a tight fit, but on the Destroyer my Warn M8000 has plenty of room. The only tight spot is running the cables. For the moment, I've got them routed towards the passenger side, then up under the fender liner into the engine bay. There's one place where it's a bit tight for the cables between the bumper and body. I'm keeping an eye on it for potential rubbing, but so far it seems fine. If I see it starting to put excess wear on the cables, I might have to look into a different way of routing them.

I will say, if you want to take the grill off for any reason, do those upgrades before installing this bumper. There isn't much room to work with at the bottom of the grill if you're trying to pry that piece off afterwards. That's why I went ahead and upgraded my headlights prior to the bumper install.

On the whole, definitely recommend it. LOD is great quality and I'm very happy with it!

Edit: Here's a closeup of it without the winch and skidplate, to show the amount of space a little better...

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_3549

Sponsored

Nohair989

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Thanks!

Bumper is the LOD Destroyer shorty, with the front skid. I love it so far! No issues with air flow. After a few years of overheating issues in my JK, I keep a fairly close watch on my temperature and saw no significant change after this install on the JL.

Winch fit is good. I've got plenty of space behind it and the grill. I know for some bumpers, it's a tight fit, but on the Destroyer my Warn M8000 has plenty of room. The only tight spot is running the cables. For the moment, I've got them routed towards the passenger side, then up under the fender liner into the engine bay. There's one place where it's a bit tight for the cables between the bumper and body. I'm keeping an eye on it for potential rubbing, but so far it seems fine. If I see it starting to put excess wear on the cables, I might have to look into a different way of routing them.

I will say, if you want to take the grill off for any reason, do those upgrades before installing this bumper. There isn't much room to work with at the bottom of the grill if you're trying to pry that piece off afterwards. That's why I went ahead and upgraded my headlights prior to the bumper install.

On the whole, definitely recommend it. LOD is great quality and I'm very happy with it!

Edit: Here's a closeup of it without the winch and skidplate, to show the amount of space a little better...

Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! 60593AD5-881F-4CCD-AE8D-C78ED4B5E76B
That's a much better look at it. I didn't go with the LED package from the factory, so I was looking to add that aftermarket at some point. I'll take your advice and do that early on to avoid any double work.
I like the stubby bumper look and that LOD was on my short list. And I'm glad to hear there's some clearance with the winch. The QRC from Quadratec was nice, but was a damn tight fit for the winch.
Thank you for the feedback!

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Just a little (ok very little, but it was enough to get the measurements I needed haha) flexing to make sure my custom skid plate bracket is good to go for this weekend's Jamboree.
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_1658
Jeep Wrangler JL Let's see those 2-Door  JL pics! IMG_1662