First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe, Mustang Mach-E, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
For those of you with a 4xE, what range are you getting on all electric? I have a 40 mile roundtrip commute, and 21 miles on all electric is just not good enough for the numbers to work for me. I've seen some mention that they are seeing 30 mile range estimates, and I wanted to see if those are realistic. If there is a real chance of seeing 30 miles of range, that might be enough to tip the scales.
Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
i have only checked mine a couple times but got 24 once and 22 another. The second time it was very hot and I was blasting the AC. I would imagine those with Sahara's would do better but I doubt you would consistently get 30. Also I am guessing high speeds will kill it too.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I got mine Monday.

Monday - 24
Tuesday - 27
Wednesday - 21 (some freeway)
Thursday - 30
Friday - 22 (some freeway)

around town i am getting a good bit more than the EPA estimate.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I have a 14.7 mile commute (when I go in to the office). I've been making the drive with 2 to 3 miles of range left. This is with air conditioning on back roads in stop and go traffic. Yesterday I made it home with 29.8 miles round trip and the range still had 3 miles.

To make that range I am driving economically. Sticking to the speed limit, keeping cruise control off, and not wasting momentum. I also have the stock Sahara wheels. I keep the cruise control off because it accelerates too fast and you are only driving as good as the person in front of you. But I do get a kick out of the full stop start.

I'd bet if you go topless, doorless and take the spare tire off we would be able to get some crazy range.

Coolslug

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Last time that I checked, my Rubicon 4xe got 27 miles with air conditioning on half the time. One third of the driving was in town and two thirds highway driving.

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I think the biggest factor is highway speed and then hard accelerations. The e coach bar on one of the sides is good for getting a feel for the sweet spots. Max Regen doesn't even make the e coach guage budge but you have to be careful to not bleed off to much momentum.

I'm not normally that into efficient driving, but I feel like I'm getting punished when the ICE comes on.

Luckily I hate the highway, so I'm happy to take a little more time to get around town.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I would not expect to get 30 unless you absolutely baby it and even still that’s when the batteries are brand new with virtually no degradation. Plus you will certainly find yourself loving the acceleration (or is that just me?) and the electric range goes fast at that point!

JLSmitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
My commute is 21 miles each way. Starting with a full charge, I can make it to work with 45% charge left. I am able to charge at work, and I have around 30% left when I get home.

Obviously, it is more downhill one way than the other which makes a difference. Avg speed is 35-45 and I am only on the hwy for about 5 miles at 60ish mph. 30 miles on electric is realistic depending on your commute and driving style.

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
25 miles pretty consistently. I think you would have to top off somewhere to get the mileage range you are looking for with your commute.

Microday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella Rubicon
I highly recommend you have your hybrid screen on the main radio screen and observe the hybrid behaviors. I have both a Sahara and Rubicon 4xE. The Sahara starts with 26 miles and 24 on the Rubicon. I have a 29 mile commute each way and drive 100% in hybrid mode, about 7 miles of local road and 22 miles of highway. I shift the Manual 8 to engage the engine on the highway. There are several threads about this strategy and it works for me. I generally have 15 miles of battery left after the 29 miles, on the return trip I pull into the garage with 3 miles. Weekend or local trips are almost 100% battery. The trip computer is reporting over 34mpg. As I learn I’m increasing my mpg.

Our Sahara which is more short commutes use the battery the majority of time and we are over 45mpg.

I believe I will save 50% in fuel costs from my Gladiator Mojave.

Level 2 charger is a game changer on the weekends with short errands.

After owning the 4xE I find myself playing the battery game more which has influenced my driving style.

Sponsored

Shasta_Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ, F150 Rubicon 4xe
I did two range tests yesterday. I got 23 both times. The first was mostly city streets with very few stops and then about 15 miles up the freeway at 65. The second was mostly rural back roads about 45 to 55 mph. Not too many stops. Both were done in electric. The second was done with max regen on but I was pretty sure it would not change anything.

fogby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
We've had ours (Rubicon) about 1.5 months. Wife drives it to work every day. She's seeing 24-25 consistently. We live in a rural, hilly area. A couple of these miles are in town.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
The second was done with max regen on but I was pretty sure it would not change anything.
If you work max Regen correctly, it shouldn't change much. Which is to mostly not let fully up on the accelerator until you need to fully stop.

I do notice the e coach doesn't budge when on max Regen and foot off. Any brake pedal will make it move. Which tells me it's giving max braking to stopping efficiency.

Without max Regen I can match the braking characteristics on the brake pedal.

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
My commute is 21 miles each way. Starting with a full charge, I can make it to work with 45% charge left. I am able to charge at work, and I have around 30% left when I get home.

Obviously, it is more downhill one way than the other which makes a difference. Avg speed is 35-45 and I am only on the hwy for about 5 miles at 60ish mph. 30 miles on electric is realistic depending on your commute and driving style.
Damn, that is pretty great!
Sponsored