Sponsored

Extreme Recon Package Required on 3.6 Liter?

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Hi everyone. So I have been looking to join the Wrangler Family with a brand new 2021 Rubicon for quite some time now. I created my ideal build sheet with a 3.6 liter V6 and sent it to five different dealers. Only one has gotten back to me with an offer so far, but the salesman told me that they were required to equip the extreme recon package for the V6. Is this correct? Are all 2021 V6 orders at this time being built with that $4000 option? Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience. Seems to me like they are trying to pull a fast one by increasing my MSRP.
Sponsored

mac6898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ
Hi everyone. So I have been looking to join the Wrangler Family with a brand new 2021 Rubicon for quite some time now. I created my ideal build sheet with a 3.6 liter V6 and sent it to five different dealers. Only one has gotten back to me with an offer so far, but the salesman told me that they were required to equip the extreme recon package for the V6. Is this correct? Are all 2021 V6 orders at this time being built with that $4000 option? Please let me know if anyone has had a similar experience. Seems to me like they are trying to pull a fast one by increasing my MSRP.
Yes, as of now that is correct (according to conversations with my dealer). If you want the V6, it's a requirement to add the Recon package to the build.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm totally guessing here, but I'd bet that in their hurry to get it put together, they only had time to run the V6 through the testing protoco. Why the V6? Because they are offering the manual on it, to get the 100:1 crawl ratio. So it simplifies things to make it V6 across the board.

And the pressure is to get it into production in August, which is when Ford thinks they'll get Bronco production back up and running.

Overall, they've steered more 2.0's to the Wranglers as they allocate resources for different platforms, prioritizing the V6 to others. They've done a great job compared to most other automakers in dancing this supply ballet to keep their production humming. And their Q2 sales show it. Their sales were up across the board, from Ram to Jeep to Dodge to Chrysler, and even Alpha.

OP
OP

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
Yes, as of now that is correct (according to conversations with my dealer). If you want the V6, it's a requirement to add the Recon package to the build.
Oh interesting... I may be looking at a 2.0 liter then even though I do like the Extreme Recon goodies. Thank you for clearing that up!

OP
OP

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
I'm totally guessing here, but I'd bet that in their hurry to get it put together, they only had time to run the V6 through the testing protoco. Why the V6? Because they are offering the manual on it, to get the 100:1 crawl ratio. So it simplifies things to make it V6 across the board.

And the pressure is to get it into production in August, which is when Ford thinks they'll get Bronco production back up and running.

Overall, they've steered more 2.0's to the Wranglers as they allocate resources for different platforms, prioritizing the V6 to others. They've done a great job compared to most other automakers in dancing this supply ballet to keep their production humming. And their Q2 sales show it. Their sales were up across the board, from Ram to Jeep to Dodge to Chrysler, and even Alpha.
Very good points! From what I’ve heard they have been prioritizing customer orders so as to keep everyone happy throughout all of this. With that being said, they have really been on top of their game. The dealers I have talked to promise 6-8 weeks so fingers crossed they are correct.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’d be disappointed the 2.0 wasn’t available on that package if I was looking to buy. I wish I’d found a Recon 2 months ago when I purchased. Found a 3.6 and while it’s nice, I much prefer the 2.0 in my Sahara. The power is nice.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
I just heard from my dealer that my 392....ordered a few weeks ago was never going to make it to D status unless I moved it to a Recon package. - This Came from Jeep- not the dealer. Pretty clear Jeep is turining on the assembly line for its highst profit vehicles only based on demand.

Between now not getting a color I want, not getting options I want (Even when ordering!) now requiring a Recon....I think I'm out all together on a 2021. This soap opera is ridiculous.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKURHR
You cannot currently order a manual V6 + XR. Apparently it’s coming later this year. I don’t know if you can order a manual V6 without the XR.

OP
OP

GGspartan318

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac G6
I just heard from my dealer that my 392....ordered a few weeks ago was never going to make it to D status unless I moved it to a Recon package. - This Came from Jeep- not the dealer. Pretty clear Jeep is turining on the assembly line for its highst profit vehicles only based on demand.

Between now not getting a color I want, not getting options I want (Even when ordering!) now requiring a Recon....I think I'm out all together on a 2021. This soap opera is ridiculous.
Dang... sorry to hear that... what color could you not get?

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@GGspartan318 When I ordered...which ultimately wasnt accepted anyway, I could only get black with Dual doors. every other color you could not get dual doors.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
@GGspartan318 When I ordered...which ultimately wasnt accepted anyway, I could only get black with Dual doors. every other color you could not get dual doors.
When was that? Half door vehicles in other colors have been showing up for some time now, and my order with Hydro and half doors was accepted on July 5th.

It's certainly been a ... show this year.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU

You should at least be able to change the color now if your required to change it to get the Recon package.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should at least be able to change the color now if your required to change it to get the Recon package.
Yes believe it opens a brand new slate on ordering Just pushes the price so darn high it's almost unjustifiable for me.

Cloey123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 (Shopping for a JLUR)

What is the recon package? I do not even see it as a Rubicon option on Jeeps website.
Sponsored