David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
He gave me the vin a week ago. People on the board were saying they got their vin in two or three days. So I used Jeep Chat. They told me the order wasn’t placed until 6/11.
This is the way.
VON in 24 hours.
VIN in 48 to 72 hours.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I read somewhere that ‘some” dealers have a monthly allotment on factory orders.
Maybe they were over it and had to wait?

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport
I read somewhere that ‘some” dealers have a monthly allotment on factory orders.
Maybe they were over it and had to wait?
If that’s true he should have told me the truth. I would have walked out with my cash. Why would I wait?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Stac0608

Suggest you not dwell on this... sure it is the chitts.. Save all the typing now/here .... for when you do your post purchase evaluation ... type then and you can pay back the dipshit salesperson and the stealership. Post purchase you can also type lots on Google review and their FB page...

Anyway, it's like crying over spilled milked... it's done so get past it...deal with it.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
The salesman usually isn’t the guy who puts the order in, it could be that someone else screwed up. He should have kept track of it, but stuff happens. Talk to them about it and maybe they’ll make it up to you somehow.

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The salesman usually isn’t the guy who puts the order in, it could be that someone else screwed up. He should have kept track of it, but stuff happens. Talk to them about it and maybe they’ll make it up to you somehow.
I’d like to see how they’re going to make it up. I text the dude. He’s ghosting me.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sidspider

Indeed, many sales guys/gals are clueless... They are for the most part, a body that sits there, listens to a prospect and then ferries the info to the Sales Manager who does all so to speak..

To @Stac0608 ...... do tread lightly so to speak with your sales guy / that dealership... You have a long road to travel with them yet... You really don't want to alienate them... You know how NYer's can get..... again, the milk is spilled already..

Sit back, wait and get your JL and then friggg them.... and do your business your warranty work and future business elsewhere if you want...... but do know that a stealership that has a piss poor Sales Dept. may have a very good Service Dept...

I might add that you being naive was/is part of the problem. You learned a lesson here!

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Nothing more inexcusable from a business than being lied to. That alone would sour me on them.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sidspider

Indeed, many sales guys/gals are clueless... They are for the most part, a body that sits there, listens to a prospect and then ferries the info to the Sales Manager who does all so to speak..

To @Stac0608 ...... do tread lightly so to speak with your sales guy / that dealership... You have a long road to travel with them yet... You really don't want to alienate them... You know how NYer's can get..... again, the milk is spilled already..

Sit back, wait and get your JL and then friggg them.... and do your business your warranty work and future business elsewhere if you want...... but do know that a stealership that has a piss poor Sales Dept. may have a very good Service Dept...

I might add that you being naive was/is part of the problem. You learned a lesson here!
You are wise with your sound advice. I’ll sleep on it. I didn’t have this problem when I bought my CJ7. Different times, different people.

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sidspider

Brother I’m from a better time where people’s word meant something. But that was almost 40 years ago.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are wise with your sound advice. I’ll sleep on it. I didn’t have this problem when I bought my CJ7. Different times, different people.
@Stac0608

You have every right to be miffed... rightfully so... Good you came here to vent, etc..

Don't let guys here fire you up anymore then you are...

Next time you talk to your salesperson tell him you were disappointed the way they handled your order... and you feel they let you down a bit.. DON'T go off on him... DON'T run your mouth and show hostility.... again it's done...

Part of this was your doing or not doing... so do own some of this and learn from it... Remember what I said in my last post. I'm 72 and still learning.... oh, and I grew up in NY. 8-)

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Maybe the Jeep you would of gotten two weeks earlier was a clunker and karma came your way and you have to wait for it.......☕✨

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
If that’s true he should have told me the truth. I would have walked out with my cash. Why would I wait?
That's why he didn't tell you the truth, because you would have walked out with your cash!
Sponsored