Backup Camera issue

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
~woot~ Let's hope. Thank you for posting Courtney. I see that the latest SW version per your post will be 39.6. Interesting, as I just checked mine and I am at 20.45.12. That is a lot of versions... Push push!!! Any idea on the landing date for OTA based on vehicle VIN?
My guess is 39.6 indicates the version of the backup camera app, not the UConnect version.
Sponsored

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Good point @OldGuyNewJeep. I do not see the application versions listed, even in dealer mode. Guess we will see.

Who has the latest update???

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Having lots of discussions with U-Connect, they go by the APPLICATION VERSION not the software version. So the 39.6 would he the middle numbers of the APPLICATION VERSION. Looks like mine is one off. šŸ¤ž Waiting
Jeep Wrangler JL Backup Camera issue Resized_20210531_121158(1)(1)

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Having lots of discussions with U-Connect, they go by the APPLICATION VERSION not the software version. So the 39.6 would he the middle numbers of the APPLICATION VERSION. Looks like mine is one off. šŸ¤ž Waiting
My update was 39.62.0

Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
App version. I previously posted the software version as 21.18.14

Sweet, sorry I missed that... Hoping to get mine soon. Have had an "escalated" case for a but now with no results. Thanks for the hope. Thanks @JeepCares for keeping us updated and actually attempting to resolve this once and for all.

JbuckTN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle 80th Anniversary - Diesel
Sweet, sorry I missed that... Hoping to get mine soon. Have had an "escalated" case for a but now with no results. Thanks for the hope. Thanks @JeepCares for keeping us updated and actually attempting to resolve this once and for all.
Good tip @JimmyZ My application version is 39.3 then. Nothing like keeping it simple, right?

@Djzjeep22 - It been 24 hours. All good so far???

My software version is 20.45.12 as FYI.

- cheers all, This is a great group to be a part of!!!

Djzjeep22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2021 JLUR
Good tip @JimmyZ My application version is 39.3 then. Nothing like keeping it simple, right?

@Djzjeep22 - It been 24 hours. All good so far???

My software version is 20.45.12 as FYI.

- cheers all, This is a great group to be a part of!!!
Still have the lines! I now I have some new phantom proximity alerts - will have to check placement of spare. Maybe the update increased sensor sensitivity.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

There was a recently released TSB: 08-100-21 that addresses symptoms similar to what you may have been experiencing. Since this Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) was released very recently and is currently rolling out, we appreciate everyone's patience as it may take some time to reach your vehicle. If you'd like assistance with getting the software appropriately updated, we kindly recommend reaching out to your preferred dealers in regard to next steps.

If anyone would like additional support while at their dealership visit, please do not hesitate to let us know! For your convenience, I've attached information for the service bulletin below.

Thanks,

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Well in my first week of my month long cross country vacation, I finally got the FOTA (over the air firmware update) that was supposed to fix the two backup camera issues.

1. The backup camera sometimes does not work, black screen.

2. The gridlines (colored lines) donā€™t show up.

#1 is fixed. #2 no worky.

Iā€™m impressed, this aligns with how we manage thousands of computers in enterpriseā€¦centrally.

I canā€™t wait for the gridlines to be finally fixed.

Kudos to FCA.

Sponsored

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
I received the FOTA nearly 2 weeks ago (I think I was one of the first to get it on the 18th or 19th). My updated versions are now as follows:

Software version: 21.18.14
BootMicro version: 21.13.01
Application version: USA-ASO-8.4-QR-39.62.0-20210504-QFRM

My Android Auto seems to be more stable of a connection, and the backup lines have not disappeared at all. It also appears I no longer have to unlock my phone to get AA to connect, so that's a nice update too. All in all, good update, fixed my backup camera issues, and the UConnect OS seems to be running a little snappier. #thumbsup

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well in my first week of my month long cross country vacation, I finally got the FOTA (over the air firmware update) that was supposed to fix the two backup camera issues.

1. The backup camera sometimes does not work, black screen.

2. The gridlines (colored lines) donā€™t show up.

#1 is fixed. #2 no worky.

Iā€™m impressed, this aligns with how we manage thousands of computers in enterpriseā€¦centrally.

I canā€™t wait for the gridlines to be finally fixed.

Kudos to FCA.
Hey there,

Glad to hear that your back-up camera is working again! If you'd like us to look into your gridline concerns more thoroughly, we can certainly do so! Just let us know if you'd like our assistance.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there,

Glad to hear that your back-up camera is working again! If you'd like us to look into your gridline concerns more thoroughly, we can certainly do so! Just let us know if you'd like our assistance.

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Still have not received the update. I've been in contact with U-Connect and still nothing. Who do I need to get in touch with to get this thing fixed once and for all @JeepCares