Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

Moses212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
The original post about Sirius XM starting at the beginning of the track is great. I hadn't realized this.

Proximity enter - I don't have this, and I miss the old CJ soft doors with the turning handle! But I've a question - when it comes to locking the doors, can you leave the key fob in your pocket or bag and just 'press lock' on the inside of the door and then close the door, or do you need to use the key fob to lock the doors for full security?

OP
OP
00 Trans Ram

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
How do you use the Replay? Does it stay on or do you activate it after each song?

Thx!
So, when you are in SXM mode (not AM/FM), there is a "Replay" button near the bottom, just left of center. Press that, and it kinda opens up another mode, where you can skip back to the beginning of a song, or even the song before. When you press "Replay" again, it goes back to live music.

It only works for your Favorite stations. And, it only goes back to when you started the car, or switched over to SXM. Frankly, I have no idea how many songs you can go back, though - never experimented.

The nice thing about this is that the radio automatically assumes that when you switch to a favorited station, you want to hear the song being played from the beginning. So, if you go through all of your favorites, you will notice they are all starting at the beginning of a song. But, if you go to, say, channel 40 and the song is at the beginning, then you switch to channel 41, then back to channel 40, that channel 40 song will be live now - not where you left it.

s-l1600.jpg

Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So, when you are in SXM mode (not AM/FM), there is a "Replay" button near the bottom, just left of center. Press that, and it kinda opens up another mode, where you can skip back to the beginning of a song, or even the song before. When you press "Replay" again, it goes back to live music.

It only works for your Favorite stations. And, it only goes back to when you started the car, or switched over to SXM. Frankly, I have no idea how many songs you can go back, though - never experimented.

The nice thing about this is that the radio automatically assumes that when you switch to a favorited station, you want to hear the song being played from the beginning. So, if you go through all of your favorites, you will notice they are all starting at the beginning of a song. But, if you go to, say, channel 40 and the song is at the beginning, then you switch to channel 41, then back to channel 40, that channel 40 song will be live now - not where you left it.
Excellent! Thank you!! I have several favorites set up and that would be cool to be able to replay songs. I like Tom Petty Radio, for example, and alot of his songs are classics. :like:

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
No. Freakin. Way.
Mind happily blown.
Reading this was just the icing on my cake today. I got Taco Bell for lunch (my fav)...
I bought another jeep (didnt think that was gonna happen today)... and now THIS bit of listening yumminess???
Today was beautiful, I even got that lovely florida rain storm smell to mix with the fresh cut grass.....
Cheesy post but I'm just full of love today!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
My favorite thing is how capable my JLUR is off road even stock. I drove through some stuff this last weekend that just shouldn't be possible.
This! I did some stuff on the Alpine Loop in the San Juans without even spinning a tire that I would have never thought was possible.

Sponsored

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
For me, the fact that the Sirius/XM radio has that "Replay" feature. Yes, it's nice to be able to go back and listen to a song from the beginning, but the absolute BEST part is that, on all of your Favorite stations, the songs automatically start at the beginning when you switch to that station! I can go through all 10 stations, and it's always on the first part of the song.

I've had XM since ~2003 (maybe?), and have listened to the last half of my favorite songs thousands of times. Now, because it's always at the beginning of the song when I switch stations, I'm hearing the beginnings of the songs.

And, unlike many other great features (aux switches, easily removable top/doors, etc.), this is a feature that I appreciate every 3-5 minutes while driving!
Ok, dumb question I’m sure, and yes I’m too lazy to look it up right now, so, how do you “replay” a song? I was aware of the starting at the beginning of the song when you change stations, but not the replay feature. Thanks.

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Ok, dumb question I’m sure, and yes I’m too lazy to look it up right now, so, how do you “replay” a song? I was aware of the starting at the beginning of the song when you change stations, but not the replay feature. Thanks.
Post 80.

ErAcEr

First Name
Matthew (Mateo)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 ZH2 , 2018 Z900, 2013 Vulcan 1700
Occupation
Engineer/Technician
For the 4door users. The fact that there is not a stopping point for the rear windows - all the way down baby! I hated riding in friends rides in the back when I cant put my arm out and on the window/door frame. My dogs love this for sure being able to stick their heads out at the perfect level.
Sponsored