Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Today at 2:52 PM
You throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the one that gets hit, yelps the loudest. :LOL:
In your paranoia, what exactly would I contact Chrysler about and how would I be proven wrong ?🤔

Today at 2:54 PM
Aaaand it's past your nap time. :movember:
As usual, kids can't tell time. I was not even on this post when you went to insulting.

You have a nice day now. :clap:
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 2 door Sport
Let’s all not forget FJ40’s used leftover Chevy inline sixes ;). So yeah, those “Chevy” inline sixes were tough as nails. Ask me how I know.
Jeep Wrangler JL Super unleaded gas for 3.6 liter 1625092048096

Had one? I wanted one so bad. Sadly they stopped building them for the American market.

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In your paranoia, what exactly would I contact Chrysler about and how would I be proven wrong ?🤔

As usual, kids can't tell time. I was not even on this post when you went to insulting.

This engine seems temperamental with all the issues going on with it. Rocker arms, valve issues, cam bearing etc. if Chrysler suggest premium gas then so be it. It’s not a huge cost. All I can say is there are loads of mechanics on YouTube who say this engine has problems. I never had to worry about rocker arms in my 4.2 liter. It’s insane for a modern engine to have such issues.

Reseg

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
This engine seems temperamental with all the issues going on with it. Rocker arms, valve issues, cam bearing etc. if Chrysler suggest premium gas then so be it. It’s not a huge cost. All I can say is there are loads of mechanics on YouTube who say this engine has problems. I never had to worry about rocker arms in my 4.2 liter. It’s insane for a modern engine to have such issues.
Yeah it's horrible, guess I got lucky mine even starts.
Must be a misprint that they keep listing is as "Ward's 10 Best Engines" year after year...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward's_10_Best_Engines

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Jeep Wrangler JL Super unleaded gas for 3.6 liter 1625092048096

Had one? I wanted one so bad. Sadly they stopped building them for the American market.
Yes sir, I had a 1972 FJ40. I was in the process of restoring it and then moved and had to sell it. I posted my FJ for sale and in 6hrs it was sold…true story. Great 4x4, but a terrible daily. It’s why I got a Jeep, reminds me so much of my FJ, but way more refined.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I think OP may be referring to the newer Pentastar engines being direct injection as opposed to port injection. Direct injection engines don;t spray fuel on the intake valves, so there is potential for more carbon buildup than a PI engine. Nothing an Italian tune-up every once in a while won't fix though
I have never heard of this engine.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Carbon build is common with 87 octane fuels.
Here we go again.......

If you truly want to take care of your engine pour some cash blended with gasoline into the tank. The higher the bills the best for your engine. The more $$$ value you add to the gasoline the more your engine will last. Why pay for higher octane gas when you can simply burn cash?

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir, I had a 1972 FJ40. I was in the process of restoring it and then moved and had to sell it. I posted my FJ for sale and in 6hrs it was sold…true story. Great 4x4, but a terrible daily. It’s why I got a Jeep, reminds me so much of my FJ, but way more refined.
I went into my Jeep dealership and said I want a barebones S JL. Soft top, Air conditioning and 6 speed manual . transmission. Nothing more. He says I got to order it. I said you can’t get it from another dealership? Nope says he. Few if any one wants a utility Jeep. That’s what a FJ4 was. Austere utility. My dad took me to see this movie when I was a kid. 1971,2? The Shaggy DA. In the movie they’re cruising in the FJ40 vehicle. I said to my dad what is that. It’s the Japanese Jeep. From that point on I wanted one. Senior year in high school, 1983 they stopped importing it. So in 86 I bought a CJ7 Renegade.

OP
OP

Stac0608

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here we go again.......

If you truly want to take care of your engine pour some cash blended with gasoline into the tank. The higher the bills the best for your engine. The more $$$ value you add to the gasoline the more your engine will last. Why pay for higher octane gas when you can simply burn cash?
I can afford .30 more a gallon. I wouldn’t notice the difference.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
My 2019 3.6 Rips with 87 octane and 37” tires. No complaints. Tried 91 for a while noticed nothing.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...

Cool, you can quote. But you still haven't shown where I've insulted anyone, dumbass.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.